NameSilo

Am I crazy or is time a domainer's worst enemy?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Everyday I have a big list of things to do, all regarding domaining. Each day more things appear and some things are left undone. It has been like this for me everyday. So my question is: Do you experience the same? Is time a domainer's worst enemy??

:bah::bah::bah::bah::bah::bah:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

No, procrastination and the frittering away of time are the domainer's worst enemies.

•••
yep.

I feel the same way...

•••
Yes, never seem to catchup just get drowned in more domains.

•••
And I just started developing some of my good names; so this is consuming even more of my usual time.

•••
not only for domainers, but for everybody else.

•••
Is there a domain detox center avail anywhere?:rolleyes:

•••
I think Ms Domainer 100% correct.

•••
Time

There are always too many things to do and not enough time to do them all.

•••
Prioritising is the secret......Never let time become your enemy.

Domaining & developing have so many 'bits & pieces' to them - hundreds of small (but important) details that need to be attended to - that time is always at a premium. And, its probably not possible to do everything you'd like to get done, everyday.

The only way to avoid drowning in the detail, is to constantly decide what is really important - for today, and for the future - make a list every day, if necessary - and, make sure those things get done.

That way, you keep moving forward, instead of being busy - but, just spinning wheels.

•••
I always tell my wife I wish a day had 48 hours.

•••
Time helps remind you that each day is important.

...Is time a domainer's worst enemy??...

Enemy? No...
Time helps remind you that each day is important.

Do you know?
  • You can do anything you want, whenever you please, and end up rich within 3 to 5 years! :sold:
Wow, How?
I'm really busy working out the details, before I run out of time. :P

•••
When it comes to selling, time is on your side... if you have good domains.

•••
Everyday I have a big list of things to do, all regarding domaining. Each day more things appear and some things are left undone. It has been like this for me everyday. So my question is: Do you experience the same? Is time a domainer's worst enemy??

:bah::bah::bah::bah::bah::bah:

To every problem there is a solution ...

there is only one solution to this problem :)

•••
Please don't get my wrong; I am not procrastinating or loosing time. It's just too much things to do.

•••
werty-

I know exactly how you feel. My list consists of almost 100 projects, enough to keep me working on development for years. It is almost like juggling, once you get a site up, you have to go back to maintain them periodically, as well. Fortunately, it is something that I enjoy doing!

•••
Time is a LLLL.com that is worth a lot of money, hence time is money.

Time can be your best friend, and your worst enemy. It is your friend if you wait patiently for an end user, your enemy if you need to renew domains that you have not sold.

In poker the most important thing is bankroll management, in domaining it is time management IMO.

•••
Totally agree! I think from now on I will keep notes of 'things to do' in a realistic manner as a daily schedule and do my best to accomplish my everyday domaining & developing goals

•••
•••
Well I have watered down my portfolio so I can concentrate on developing them into nice websites. I try to work on at least one a day.

•••
Time is everyones enemy.

•••
Its true... but i see it like this, the time that i spend watching movies or playing some game I could use that to "add pavement" to the road less traveled. At the end of the day its all about REGRETS and having as little as possible. So next time your sifting through your "To Do" list think which one of them will suck 10 years from now cause you didn't work on it enough now!!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back