IT.COM

The Top 20 Worst Foods in America

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Source: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/21838237/?GT1=10547&pg=1#TDY_20WorstFoods

20: Worst Fast-Food Chicken Meal - Chicken Selects Premium Breast Strips from McDonald's (5 pieces) with cream ranch sauce. 830 Calories, 55 grams fat (4.5 trans fat), 48 carbs. Add a large fries and regular soda and this seemingly innocuous chicken meal tops out at 1,710 calories.

19: Worst drink - Jamba Juice Chocolate Moo'd Power Smoothie (30 fl oz). 900 calories, 10 g fat, 183 carbs, 166 g sugar. Jamba Juice calls it a smoothie, MSNBC calls it a milk shake. The beverage contains as much sugar as 8 pints of Ben & Jerry's butter pecan ice cream.

18: Worst supermarket meal - Pepperidge Farm Roasted Chicken Pot Pie (whole pie). 1,020 calories, 64 g fat, 86 g carbs. Label may say this pie serves two, but, who ever divided a small pot pi! e in half? Once you crack the crust, there will be no stopping.

17: Worst 'healthy' burger - Ruby Tuesday Bella Turkey Burger. 1,145 calories, 71 g fat, 56 g carbs.

16: Worst Mexican entree - Chipotle Mexican Grill Chicken Burrito. 1,179 calories, 47 g fat, 125 g carbs, 2,656 mg sodium.

15: Worst kids' meal - Macaroni Grill Double Macaroni 'n' Cheese. 1,210 calories, 62 g fat, 3,450 mg sodium. It's like feeding your kid 1-1/2 boxes of Kraft mac 'n' cheese.

14: Worst sandwich - Quiznos Classic Italian (large). 1,528 calories, 92 g fat, 4,604 mg sodium, 110 g carbs. A large homemade sandwich would more likely provided about 500 calories.

13: Worst salad - On the Border Grande Taco Salad with Taco Beef. 1,450 calories, 102 g fat, 78 g carbs, 2,410 mg sodium. This isn't an anomaly: Five different On the Border salads on the menu contain more than 1, 100 calories each.

12: Worst burger - Carl's Jr. (Hardee's on East Coast) Double Six Dollar Burger. 1,520 calories! , 111g fat. Carl's Jr. brags it's home to this enormous sandwich, but the restaurant chain also provides convenient nutrition info on its Web site -- so ignorance is no excuse for eating it.

11: Worst steak - Lonestar 20 oz T-bone. 1,540 calories, 124g fat. Add a baked potato and Lonestar's Signature Lettuce Wedge, and this is a 2,700 calorie blowout.

10: Worst breakfast - Bob Evans Caramel Banana Pecan Cream Stacked and Stuffed hotcakes. 1,540 calories, 77 g fat (9 g trans fat), 198 g carbs, 109 g sugar. Five Egg McMuffins yield the same caloric cost as this stack of sugar-stuffed flapjacks, which is truly a heavy breakfast, weighing in at a hefty pound and a half.

9: Worst dessert - Chili's Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream. 1,600 calories, 78 g fat, 215 g carbs. Would you eat a Big Mac for dessert? How about three? That's the calorie equivalent of this decadent dish. Clearly, Chili's customers get their money's worth.

8: Worst Chinese entree - P.F. Chang's Pork Lo Mein. 1,820 calories, 127 g fat,! 95 g carbs. The fat content in this dish alone provides more than 1,100 calories. And you'd have to eat almost five servings of pasta to match the number of carbs it contains. Now, do you really need five servings of pasta?

7: Worst chicken entree - Chili's Honey Chipotle Crispers with Chipotle Sauce. 2,040 calories, 99 g fat, 240 g carbs. 'Crispers' refers to an extra thick layer of break crumbs that soak up oil and adds unnecessary calories and carbs to these glorified chicken strips.

6: Worst fish entree - On the Border Dos XX Fish Tacos with Rice and Beans. 2,100 calories, 130 g fat, 169 g carbs, 4,700 mg sodium. Perhaps the most misleadingly named dish in America : A dozen crunchy tacos from Taco Bell will saddle you with fewer calories.

5: Worst pizza - Uno Chicago Grill Chicago Classic Deep Dish Pizza. 2,310 calories, 162 g fat, 123 g carbs, 4,470 mg sodium. Downing this 'personal' pizza is equivalent to eating 18 slices of Domino's Crunchy Thin Crust cheese pizza.

4: Worst pasta - Macaroni Grill Spaghetti and Meatballs with Meat Sauce. 2,430 calories, 128 g fat, 207 g carbs, 5,290 mg sodium. This meal satisfied your calorie requirements for an entire day.

3: Worst nachos - On the Border Stacked Border Nachos. 2,740 calories, 166 g fat, 191 g carbs, 5,280 sodium.

2: Worst starter - Chili's Awesome Blossom. 2,710 calories, 203 g fat, 194 g carbs, 6,360 mg sodium.

1: The worst food in America - Outback Steakhouse Aussie Cheese Fries with Ranch Dressing. 2,900 calories, 182g fat, 240g carbs. Even if you split these 'starters' with three friends, you'll have downed a dinner's worth of calories before you entree arrives.

adding rep is appreciated :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great Posting & info on the CRAP Yankees eat
One comment WTF is Aussie Cheese Fries
No Self respecting Aussie would eat Cheese (Melted or Otherwise on Fries)
Same as Kangaroo Steak ,YUK,We feed it to our dogs.

Last edited:
•••
•••
quite interesting, thanks for sharing.

(damn, these foods sound so delicious...)

•••
whenever i see this:
Worst burger - Carl's Jr.
I feel like I'm full already.

•••
I am sorry guys but the worst for me (regardless of the calories)
is fish and chips....it is bad when you get it in England...but worse when we here in America try to copy it!! :)

Cheers,

Frank

•••
I don't feel so good ... :sick: :guilty: :notme:

•••
we like fish and chips here esp. in the movies, i guess we have diff. time zones and diff stomach.

liquidcherry said:
I am sorry guys but the worst for me (regardless of the calories)
is fish and chips....it is bad when you get it in England...but worse when we here in America try to copy it!! :)

Cheers,

Frank

•••
weblord said:
we like fish and chips

Don't get me wrong here william, i love it too but when i was in GB i tried it a couple times and it was "ok" (still way to greasy) but i tried it here too and i have to say...."YUCK"....lool

Anyway, i guess what i try to say is, i don't care about greasy carbs, calories...i just love fast food if it taste good:)..... (well, i might die earlier but at least i enjoyed eating) hehehehehehe

Cheers,

Frank

•••
try to eat pinoy (Filipino) foods for a change, I think there's a Jollibee in the U.S. here we got restaurants who really cooked like home-grown meals (not in a hurry) still here fastfoods are just a place to eat when you're in a hurry and really, really hungry, the taste wont taste that bad after all.

at mcdonald's we seldom eat there but I noticed their food is good (not great, at least good for me) when eaten hot, but if not, it tastes like plastics (pardon me)

liquidcherry said:
Don't get me wrong here william, i love it too but when i was in GB i tried it a couple times and it was "ok" (still way to greasy) but i tried it here too and i have to say...."YUCK"....lool

Anyway, i guess what i try to say is, i don't care about greasy carbs, calories...i just love fast food if it taste good:)..... (well, i might die earlier but at least i enjoyed eating) hehehehehehe

Cheers,

Frank

•••
More like the top 20 best foods!

•••
weblord said:
it tastes like plastics

So i assume you ate plastic before?? :) lol

Just kidding, you are right, when it is cold it tastes funny(once i tried to heat up a burgr from MCD....nahhhhh!!)

The problem is, i love to cook, to experience different taste, different culture related cooking traditions but when i am at work(work is important for me and i don't wanna lose time) i have to go with fast food because it takes a lot of time out of my day to prepare a yummy meal, homecooked....:)

Cheers,

Frank

•••
sorry about that, when i mean plastic i mean no flavor at all, it's like I'm biting into something other than food, to put it bluntly it's like gee where did I bought this food, it never tasted like this I guess the flavor expired after a couple of minutes (that's why fast-expiring food )

liquidcherry said:
So i assume you ate plastic before?? :) lol

•••
rcep said:
Source: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/21838237/?GT1=10547&pg=1#TDY_20WorstFoods

1: The worst food in America - Outback Steakhouse Aussie Cheese Fries with Ranch Dressing. 2,900 calories, 182g fat, 240g carbs. Even if you split these 'starters' with three friends, you'll have downed a dinner's worth of calories before you entree arrives.

adding rep is appreciated :)

OMG those are THE BEST!

•••
Wow those Cheese Fries from Outback are extremely fattening. Never knew they were that fat. That's about the amount of calories I consume in 3 meals all together daily.

•••
I just vomited on the keyboard..

•••
That company should be ashamed to offer #15 to kids.

•••
Love the info and stats on such food. Its just incredible what they do to such simple dishes.

Barefoottech said:
Great Posting & info on the CRAP Yankees eat
Yet I live in Los Angele where there are a lot of tourist who stop in to these specific restaurants eating this so called Yankee Crap. Specifically from England, Germany, Australia and Japan. So much for food being eaten specifically by Yanks. All these spots are famously known to draw in tourists. Especially PF Changs, Quiznos, On the border et cetera thinking they are eating authentic American food. Not ...........Big tourist traps as well as for Americans who dine out during the week and have money to burn.

•••
I don't know about calling it "The Top 20 Worst Foods in America". Some of them sound quite delicious ;)

•••
sounds like a menu for a stoners munch-in banquet...

•••
You should name it "The Top 20 Food Choices From America That May Make You Fat With Too Much Consumption And Not Enough Exercise And Daily Activity Along With Mixes Of Other Nutritious Foods".

Lawl

I actually got some Chicken Selects from McDonalds for dinner coming my way :p

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back