Dynadot

Always good to own 1 letter domains??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello all,

Is it always good to own 1 letter domains in extension that are outside the top 10 and are for a small country.

These must be worth something to somebody right.

thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Absolutely. If you can get ahold of a one letter domain in ANY extension, it will have value.

RJ

•••
I believe so, unless it costs $200 a year to register and renew....

•••
Yes. Good value for 1 letter. any xtn is ok

•••
moneyraker said:
Hello all,

Is it always good to own 1 letter domains in extension that are outside the top 10 and are for a small country.

These must be worth something to somebody right.

thanks.
Just don't confuse true 1-letter with "1-letter" IDNs.

•••
Good point Midano and the price is outrageous one letter .tv is like $2,000 .ws is $50,000 so the expense is pretty high.

•••
update

Hello all,

i am going to be the owner of quite a few single letter domains in the same extension so this will add value if i have like 5 single letter same ext right.

thanks for your replies.

Last edited:
•••
moneyraker said:
Hello all,

i am going to be the owner of quite a few single letter domains in the same extension so this will add value if i have like 5 single letter same ext right.

thanks for your replies.

Yes, it definately will :tu:

•••
help please

Hello,

I need to find a site that has a whois search for .co.ee 1 letter domain names as i need to verify that i am the new owner of alot of 1 letter names in this extension.

i have them in my account i can change contact info,dns,email,url forwording,
i have had confirmation emails from the company.

but i need to make sure i they show my name on whois.

i will be glad when this is over as i have paid for them etc...

so please post or pm a website where i can do this.

thanks

(ill post how may i have when i check whois)

•••
equity78 said:
Good point Midano and the price is outrageous one letter .tv is like $2,000 .ws is $50,000 so the expense is pretty high.

Oh! That explains why when you type in one letter at godady you get an error that says it is not a valid domain. It does not bother to tell you taht it is taken. It's not that it's not valid, it is basically saying, Hey, you ain't got the cash, pal.

•••
As far as I know there are only 3 one letter .com's? Please educate me if this is not true.

www.q.com Qwest

www.x.com PayPal

www.z.com Nissan

•••
•••
Only ones left in .com/.net/.org:

x.com owned by Paypal/eBay
q.com owned by Qwest
z.com owned by Nissan Motors
i.net owned by elequa
q.net owned by Q Networks
x.org X11 Technologies

Most of the others were lost when Network Solutions started charging $100 per 2 year registration and the domain holders didn't renew. I guess they didn't figure they were worth that much.

[/edit q.com owned by Qwest, not Quest]

•••
Owner of one letter domain = sitting on 1,000,000$ :p

•••
Petter said:
Owner of one letter domain = sitting on 1,000,000$ :p

In .com yes, but in ccTLD's no, which is what the original post was referring to. Otherwise I would have been a millionaire several times over by now. :)

•••
so, if we are talking about a 1 letter, in a very exotic ext. what sort of value woud you [ut on a good letter like "i" or "e"?

•••
-RJ- said:
q.com owned by Quest

Actually, owned by QWEST, not QUEST. Big difference. :hehe:

Nissan owns the z.com,. Great for them because of the 280Z and 300Z.

X.com. I personally think that is a bad domain for reputation purposes. I would never redirect that to my banking site. How many people actually type x.com in to a browser anyhow, not to mention the rest of the alphabet.

•••
•••
•••
zquest said:
How many people actually type x.com in to a browser anyhow, not to mention the rest of the alphabet.

Searches done in March 2005
Count Search Term
9659 x.com

My guess would be 150,000+ a month but probably more along the lines of 300,000 since you will typically get OVx30 a month

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back