IT.COM

AltaVísta.com Correct Spelling In Spanish!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey guys,

Wondering what the correct spelling for altavista.com is worth.

AltaVísta.com

Thanks
Dan

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What makes you think it's the correct version?

A search for "AltaVísta" brings up only 48 pages and most of them are forum threads started by you.

•••
•••
I honestly wouldn't buy it for any price. That's because I don't know how I'd type one of those i's with a tilde, but I'm in America so I don't think my keyboard has that key. I bet there's something I could type it in with like a character board, but going through all the trouble to type in a domain name....well, that's just me. Good luck though.

•••
klarth said:
I honestly wouldn't buy it for any price. That's because I don't know how I'd type one of those i's with a tilde, but I'm in America so I don't think my keyboard has that key. I bet there's something I could type it in with like a character board, but going through all the trouble to type in a domain name....well, that's just me. Good luck though.
You're missing the point of international domains. They are not geared towards Americans. They are geared towards speakers of a particular language. For instance, a Spanish domain (that is an actual word in Spanish) like Reseña.com which means "review". I can't type this word in, most Americans can't either, but most of the 400-500 million Spanish speakers can, with ease. Take a look at the Google trends chart for "resena" and "reseña". I know which domain I'd want.

That said, I'm not a fan of made up words like the one in this thread. It doesn't mean anything in Spanish and is at best a novelty domain.

•••
Dear Bidders, If the price does not go above the real value of this domain, I will be forced to reserve the right to sell it like stated in the description. This domain was valued at over $20,000 simply because of its spanish type in value!
The Department of Erroneous Data would like to speak with you about your valuation. Pulling valuations out of thin air gives domainers a bad name and tarnishes the industry as a whole. This is one of the reasons ebay isnt taken seriously for domain sales. Everyone seems to have domains worth tens of thousands of dollars. I'm not trying to knock you, but do some homework before pulling a figure out of nowhere. Its shady.

:imho:

•••
thefabfive said:
You're missing the point of international domains. They are not geared towards Americans. They are geared towards speakers of a particular language. For instance, a Spanish domain (that is an actual word in Spanish) like Reseña.com which means "review". I can't type this word in, most Americans can't either, but most of the 400-500 million Spanish speakers can, with ease. Take a look at the Google trends chart for "resena" and "reseña". I know which domain I'd want.

That said, I'm not a fan of made up words like the one in this thread. It doesn't mean anything in Spanish and is at best a novelty domain.

Yeah, you're right. My mistake. But even so, I don't think it's worth as much as the OP thinks. However, if the OP could provide some sort of proof of appraisal for $20,000 other than their own I think it would help a bit more with the sale.

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like his domain sold on eBay for the $4.25.

•••
klarth said:
EDIT: Nevermind, looks like his domain sold on eBay for the $4.25.
Not even worth that much I'm afraid.

•••
thefabfive said:
Not even worth that much I'm afraid.

Agreed. Other than SE traffic (which may work--I've seen some crazy things in the last 5 weeks), I can't see this ever getting traffic.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back