NameSilo

new gtlds Alphabet steps closer towards expanding brand coverage of abc.xyz

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Alphabet finalizes restructuring with a new company called XXVI

Nicole Lee

10h ago in Business

Back in 2015, Google announced that it was restructuring its company into multiple parts, with a new giant company called Alphabet to oversee all of Google's various businesses. The reasoning behind the move was to essentially separate out some of Google's "Other Bets" projects into their own entities, so that they would be valued separately from the core Google business. Today, Alphabet is finally wrapping up the reorg with the invention of a new company, called XXVI Holdings Inc.

XXVI Holdings will be the umbrella encompassing those aforementioned "Other Bets" projects, which include Waymo, which comes up with self-driving tech, and Verily, which specializes in digital health and medical devices. Google, on the other hand, is changing from a corporation to an LLC, because it's now part of a holding company instead of a listed public company. As a reminder, Google is still home to the business's bread-and-butter units like Gmail, search and YouTube.

Despite the changes though, it's really just a formality. "We're updating our corporate structure to implement the changes we announced with the creation of Alphabet in 2015," said Gina Weakley Johnson, an Alphabet spokesperson. It won't affect shareholder control, operations, or management.

As for why it's called XXVI? Well, it's 26 -- the number of letters in the alphabet -- in Roman numerals.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/09/01/alphabet-finalizes-restructuring-with-a-new-company-called-xxvi/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the information. All these restructuring, what are they in aid of.

•••
Thanks for the information. All these restructuring, what are they in aid of.

Google became bigger than a search engine with additional projects like Waymo, Nest and Wing so the founders decided to create a new holding company named Alphabet essentially placing Google as a subcompany.

The web address for Alphabet is abc.xyz

Last edited:
•••
Interesting! Thanks for update!

I guess it will make xxvi domains highly sought after. I see that xxvi.com is registered at GoDaddy, seemingly by an individual. If I was him (I wish!), I would ask for a big price!

•••
Interesting! Thanks for update!

I guess it will make xxvi domains highly sought after. I see that xxvi.com is registered at GoDaddy, seemingly by an individual. If I was him (I wish!), I would ask for a big price!

I still have a hunch that Alphabet will ultimately buy a.xyz, b.xyz, c.xyz all the way through z.xyz. I believed this from almost the beginning and this is another pointer.

If I'm right that news might create another boom cycle in XYZ.

Last edited:
•••
Google is making a mistake after mistake with their choice of domain names.

Last edited:
•••
Google is making a mistake after mistake with their choice of domain names.
Are you following all threads related to Google and their domains posting that it's a mistake?

•••
•••
Are you following all threads related to Google and their domains posting that it's a mistake?

Are you reading the forum? We are doing business in domain names and internet commerce and commenting on branding. Abc.xyz is and business.site are as weak of brands as they get. Unlike you, we do not hobby in domain names, domain names is our profession. So come down and do not ask silly questions.

Last edited:
•••
Google should have hired our firm to advise on branding.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back