IT.COM

new gtlds ALERT: .XYZ Registry Stealing Back Newly Registered Numerics?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I registered all the below domains on 6/1/2017 after searching for 10's of thousands of numerics to purchase. Since I purchased, I renewed for 1 year and parked. Last night, all the domains had my 1 year renewal removed without any notification or email (or refund) and all have been put into the Pending Delete status so the parked pages no longer resolve, again, without any notification or email.

It's ridiculous that a registry can advertise on selling numerics, we research for hours and then buy available numerics from them, and then I'm assuming is going through the processes to steal them back. I've been a supporter of the xyz registry but that may change soon. This may be a warning for all .xyz domain owners if the registry is taking back registered domains.

Here are all the domains I purchased. My name is still in the whois but as you can see the domains are now Pending Delete even though they don't expire until 6/1/2018. I have emailed both the XYZ Registry and Dynadot (where I registered the domains) about 6-7 hours ago. Still no explanation whatsoever.

I will update this thread as I get more information. Do note that I know of at least 1 other person who is in the same situation as me.

176.xyz
175.xyz
174.xyz
173.xyz
172.xyz
170.xyz
169.xyz
167.xyz
165.xyz
164.xyz
162.xyz
159.xyz
157.xyz
154.xyz
153.xyz
152.xyz
149.xyz
147.xyz
146.xyz
145.xyz
143.xyz
142.xyz
140.xyz
137.xyz
134.xyz
130.xyz
129.xyz
127.xyz
125.xyz
124.xyz
107.xyz
104.xyz

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I really think they have a messed up system. I just bought 1 single .xyz at GD and it's not even showing up in my account after some time. Probably a mistake by the registrar again. So annoying.

•••
They must issue compensation for "moral damage"/broken dreams. If they are so incompetent to properly manage few db records, they must pay to those affected by their improper management.

•••
•••
I have (had?) the same thing going on with two other names. I also managed to set up websites for both of them.

I am not naive and understood that the registry probably did a mistake. However, Did not .club give away a name when same mistake occured.

Last edited:
•••
I have (had?) the same thing going on with two other names. I also managed to set up websites for both of them.

I am not naive and understood that the registry pribably did a mistake. However, Did not .club give away a name when same mistake occured.
Yes, they did. It's something we all know.....Good Business versus Bad Business.

•••
Just got off the phone with GoDaddy....They say the .xyz domain I regged is okay but for whatever reason, it will be up to 2 hours before it is in my account....we'll see. Weird. Never had that before with GD.

•••
if I was searching for available domains and all those nnn came up as available, I would have thought it was a glitch. It's just too good to be true, even if .xyz isn't as popular. It has happened before where I would search for names and it comes up as available, but not really.

•••
if I was searching for available domains and all those nnn came up as available, I would have thought it was a glitch. It's just too good to be true, even if .xyz isn't as popular. It has happened before where I would search for names and it comes up as available, but not really.

It happens often with me as well. The difference here was that the names were able to register all the way into your account and whois changed. In other words, you had full control of the names and I also, as mentioned before, were able to set up websites for them.

Next time, maybe it's a company who will suffer from a similar "glitch" aka bad security / technology standards?

•••
It happens often with me as well. The difference here was that the names were able to register all the way into your account and whois changed. In other words, you had full control of the names and I also, as mentioned before, were able to set up websites for them.

Next time, maybe it's a company who will suffer from a similar "glitch" aka bad security / technology standards?

Yea I will give him that, never have I been able to get that far, you can usually pay for it, and it can be on your account, but seeing your name on the whois like that lol they should just give it to him, or at least half in good faith but they probably won't. I will admit though XYZ has been glitchy as hell at times.

On the topic of XYZ though, there is an opportunity here to invest with numbered domains, but Daniel Negari should have done this from the beginning when he had the oppurtunity and people were actually registering all those numbered domains like crazy.

Now he has to jump start that again, which we can help by going to investment websites and pitching this cheap opportunity to forum members to make money, but he needs to use some of his own money to advertise his idea across many platforms for it to really take off. Like I said he missed an opportunity in the beginning, and this 99 cent deal should have been with all numbered domains.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
•••
More evidence the house always win. .XYZ is only willing to sell worthless domains.
If one that might have some value is registered well they are going to have to "reclaim" it.

There are zero protections for consumers when it comes to new extensions.

If I go into a store and buy a product, then take it home the store has no right to reclaim the item from me. Why should a domain be any different than any other product?

If I make an error pricing my domain, and it sells and is transferred to the buyer, do I have the same rights to "reclaim" the domain by blaming a mistake?

Only registries reserve those rights to fuck customers over.

Brad

•••
Here is Dynadots response. XYZ registry has not said a word.

We received an email from the .xyz registry last night. These domains were reserved/premium domains, and an error on their part allowed the domains to be registered for standard fees. They are not honouring the registrations, unfortunately.

The domains will be deleted, and your payment refunded. That should be completed either tomorrow or Monday morning.

My sincerest apologies on behalf of the registry.

•••
Here is Dynadots response. XYZ registry has not said a word.

We received an email from the .xyz registry last night. These domains were reserved/premium domains, and an error on their part allowed the domains to be registered for standard fees. They are not honouring the registrations, unfortunately.

The domains will be deleted, and your payment refunded. That should be completed either tomorrow or Monday morning.

My sincerest apologies on behalf of the registry.

Absolute Disgrace - I think their greedy stance will cost them more than the value of these domains in negative PR. Who on earth would spend a lot of time and money developing an xyz domain?

•••
The XYZ registry fiasco here just puts more black clouds over their reputation. Quality control and process. What a shame. This is bad for business, it paints a bad picture of the greed of the XYZ people, and their other snakeoil "we have your next bitcoin" promotion. They should give you at least a couple nnn's just for your trouble. "Real" companies when they have integity, acknowledge the mistake with an apology and compensation. There is this distant, "hands off" hiding behind the door response from the XYZ snakeoil company sent to you through Dynadot to you that show no respect for you, the customer.

Last edited:
•••
•••

Especially the part " And did we tell you the name of the game, boy?
We call it Riding the Gravy Train" Haha

•••
•••
and emotional damages

Something else is certainly going on .xyz being premium at an expensive price to register to then drop to $1 reg for them to say "oh shit" I wonder if some of the top .xyz investors had a few words of influence or as i suspected that .xyz has a plan to convert to .com.com or .xyz extension being used for something else techy . Since we don't have the full picture its all speculation. I got a few .xyz Letters though not numerical and actually surprised how many "decent" ones left in the pool(Ocean) .

•••

I am not naive and understood that the registry probably did a mistake. However, Did not .club give away a name when same mistake occured.

I don't know if it was a mistake or just not well thought out . After all uniregistry have spent a load of cash promoting it and most likely all other domain services have similar market campaigns running.

•••
It's a shame this kind of thing has happened, it's not news that a registry or client wants to hear! This news is damaging, & all the new gtld suffer as a result of this bad publicity..

Last edited:
•••
It's a shame this kind of thing has happened, it's news that a registry or client wants to hear! This news is damaging, & all the new gtld suffer as a result of this bad publicity..

It was really making a noise on here too i guess that would be your first sign of trouble to come .

•••
yes. it is bad.

no one really ever talks about the poor domainers who in good faith regged hudnrds or thousands of 1cent promo doamins some time ago.. only to see them removed with no explanation or notice from their accounts.. practically overnite.. or a day after. and being falsely accused of engaging in some bogus spam activities etc.. when all they really did was just invested time.. regging some 1cent promo domains.

tens upon tens of thousands of domains were deleted then.. 10s or 100s of people affected by it. treated like crap and borderline online criminals.

then they bragged about it all over the net like it was some trophy.. about how effective and wonderful their abuse team is at finding the bad folk and deleting their domains.. when all they did was wasted the time of some good honest domainers who did nothing other than reg some promo domains... thinking they were dealing with an equally honest registry.

it doesn't get much more disgusting than this.

Last edited:
•••
yes. it is bad.

no one really ever talks about the poor domainers who in good faith regged hudnrds or thousands of 1cent promo doamins some time ago.. only to see them removed with no explanation or notice from their accounts.. practically overnite.. or a day after. and being falsely accused of engaging in some bogus spam activities etc.. when all they really did was just invested time.. regging some 1cent promo domains.

tens upon tens of thousands of domains were deleted then.. 10s or 100s of people affected by it. treated like crap and borderline online criminals.

then they bragged about it all over the net like it was some trophy.. about how effective and wonderful their abuse team is at finding the bad folk and deleting their domains.. when all they did was wasted the time of some good honest domainers who did nothing other than reg some promo domains... thinking they were dealing with an equally honest registry.

it doesn't get much more disgusting than this.

Do you have a thread here on np's referencing this past situation? I am newer and never heard that until now. It appears this is repeated behavior of a true SnakeOil.XYZ organization.

•••
The ONLY 2 .xyz names that make sense are xyz.RIP, and rip.XYZ, biggest con ever, and Negari that guy is the Kevin Trudell of Domain Industry, slimy as F*ck. This industry is not the one I entered in 1998, used to be lot's more ethics. Adam Dickhead Dicker was just the beginning, going downhill since. Still a few good guys left, but most are just out to screw you. The domain conferences have become 1 big infomercial to scam newbies on the BS GTLD's.

Not like the old days, when hanging out with the Castello's brothers talking to playboy bunnies at the Playboy Mansion during DomainFest day's, when people were really helping people. I appreciate everything some of the great guys such as Michael Berkens, Rick Schwartz, and some other's have helped me when I was a rookie in 1998, but I am not afraid to call out the Bullshit I see when the crap some of these other's like Negari are pulling on people. Never be afraid to speak up and call out those who are trying to screw people, never sit on the sidelines, never kiss anybody's ass.

Last edited:
•••
The ONLY 2 .xyz names that make sense are XYX.RIP, or RIP.XYZ, biggest con ever, and Negari that guy is the Kevin Trudell of Domain Industry, slimy as F*ck. This industry is not the one I entered in 1998, used to be lot's more ethics. Adam Dickhead Dicker was just the begging, going downhill since. Still a few good guys left, but most are just out to screw you. It's time to call these scam artist out.

Wow, I guess my gut instincts here keep getting confirmed by guys like you who have been around. So you have been involved selling names since then? If so, congrats. Yea, today I looked into this guy's company page today, and and it just smells like scam, looks like a scam and the more input I read from you guys it is a scam. He got into a lawsuit with Verisign, not sure why they bothered, but they have the money I guess to do so. He probably has no ethical compass. Logically for me, I have been only interested in the .com/net/org anyway, but hate seeing this sort of overhype sales and all the people getting into buying it. I am completely new to this small domain name niche thing, and already starting to get my eyes opened. Like any industry, it has it's real people and the fakes/scam's. I got into it discovering I owned a valuable name since 97 accidently. Sold it and playing around now with the cash.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back