Dynadot

Alert: Stolen domain GUI.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
An early morning sales thread over at DNF was too obvious to pass: GUI.com was being offered for sale.

A top notch LLL .com that stands for “Graphical User Interface” being on sale all of a sudden?

Perusing DomainTools.com and its historical WHOIS is a great tool to uncover sudden and unexplained changes to the WHOIS.
Read more...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Uh, don't mistake DomainGang for a news site.

Is there any other verification for this theft?

I think it's important to publicize alerts, but let's make sure they're real and not from a site like DomainGang.

If this theft is true, then I respectfully agree that it should be publicized.

;)

•••
•••
Jennifer, sorry to break the news individually to you but every post at DomainGang that bears the "100%" graphic is 100% true. This has been the case for months now. Get on with the times, girl!

I think it's important to publicize alerts, but let's make sure they're real and not from a site like DomainGang.

;)

•••

;)

looks like it's true.

•••
Jennifer, sorry to break the news individually to you but every post at DomainGang that bears the "100%" graphic is 100% true. This has been the case for months now. Get on with the times, girl!

Well, then, Theo, why not place the alert on your Acro site, which I (and others) do read regularly?

It would have more validity as news than on your humor site.

And this theft is much too important to tuck away with Father Domainicus.

Thanks to the_poet for posting this warning here.

•••
It is getting more and more scary daily.. Good for acro's vigil.

•••
It has now been listed for sale at Afternic as well. I have notified them.

•••
Last time I checked I don't work for you or anyone else for that matter. You're the only one complaining here, definitely *not* the readers of DomainGang.com. Your definition of "validity" is humorous, indeed when DomainGang.com has more traffic than Acro.net - so it makes sense to push the news through the domain with higher readership (check Alexa rankings if still in disbelief).

In the future, try to focus on the forest instead of the tree.

Well, then, Theo, why not place the alert on your Acro site, which I (and others) do read regularly?

It would have more validity as news than on your humor site.

And this theft is much too important to tuck away with Father Domainicus.

Thanks to the_poet for posting this warning here.

•••
@Acroplex

Not to defend anyone but, to be honest, before reading your post, I had never realized what that '100%' meant. IMO you should make that banner more explanatory. Why don't you simply add something like '100% true'?

•••
I can't please everybody, especially blank complainers (not you, poet).

@Acroplex

Not to defend anyone but, to be honest, before reading your post, I had never realized what that '100%' meant. IMO you should make that banner more explanatory. Why don't you simply add something like '100% true'?

•••
So back to the topic, is the domain stolen or what?

•••
The domain is stolen and still in the hands of the thief. Alerting the legit owners to its status is one thing, it's their responsibility to recover it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back