IT.COM

discuss AI (artificial intelligence) Discussion & Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Will AI (Artificial Intelligence) domains have strong demand in the future?

BrandingModel.com

BrandModel.comTop Member
Impact
AI (Artificial Intelligence) - Is there a possibility AI domains will have good demand in the future?

What do you own?
What have you sold?
What's your recent purchase?
Your thoughts and news on AI - Good or Bad?

AI DOMAINS (I own 3 x AI domains)
ImmersiveAI(com) 2025 expiry
AIofThings(com) - recently caught
AIA(io) - keeping 1 x .io for the tech space

AI FB.jpg

AI.png

AI News.jpg

Related Topic:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just picked up: AiSERP.com

AI + Search Engine Results Position = pretty good NameJet find. But we will see hahaha

•••
Just picked up: AiSERP.com

AI + Search Engine Results Position = pretty good NameJet find. But we will see hahaha

serp.ai if it's free take it

•••
•••
@DnameAgame When the guy's like Peter Relan CEO of got-it.ai change their extension from com to AI it's real. Funding for .AI companies alone in Q1 is close to 2bn of real-world money

Last edited:
•••
Next time it would be wise of you to first educate yourself on what it is your about to open your mouth on that way you don't end up sounding like a Donkey :xf.wink:

Clearly you're either , jealous, misinformed or totally unable to comprehend what I stated

Due an apology? you were part of the pump and dump and now it's over, You're left licking your wounds. You will have plenty time to reflect
pumpanddump.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
T2 it scares me
I think there will be a market for some things but the extension itself will be weak.

•••
BotPlus.net
BotBroker.net
BrokerBots.net
AdvisorBot.net
AdvisorBots.net

•••
Due an apology? you were part of the pump and dump and now it's over, You're left licking your wounds. You will have plenty time to reflect
Show attachment 83871
''

You posted a pic of a graph with NO title, or Label ?

I did't reg the related " AI " name "on one specific Crypto" . There's nothing here but you trying to start drama again! I owe you nothing. But I do appreciate you looking out with a heads up . Thanx

however if you are referring to XRP..since that's what the chart looks like...Your starting things in the wrong Thread. I expected it to go down like all cryptos, as the market gets cleaned up. Im in a HODL and buy low Position on it anyway, so still no issue here for me. Not sure what you were getting at here but again thanks.

Last edited:
•••
BotPlus.io
BrokerBot.io
MaxBot.io

BotPlus.net
BotBroker.net
AdvisorBot.net
BrokerBots.net
AdvisorBots.net

•••
AI-Powered Transcription Solution Verbit.AI Raises $11M
Israeli startup Verbit, an online business transcription and video captioning service, has raised $11 million in a seed round, the company announced today in a statement. The round was led by Vertex Ventures, Orzyn Capital, and HV Ventures. The company, founded only a year ago by entrepreneurs Tom Livne, Eric Shellef, and Kobi Ben-Tzvi, currently the CEO, CTO, and VP of Engineering respectively, has developed a solution that integrates automatic speech recognition algorithms with human augmented refinement. Corrections made by human transcribers contributes to and improves the Verbit algorithm through machine learning technologies. The company works with thousands of freelancers in over 20 countries. With the round, Verbit plans to double its number of employees in Israel.
After-Team-Photo-996x497.jpg

•••
1_evs_oo7kksims_lskn9wja.jpeg
Scotty.ai raises $6 million for remote-controlled autonomous car platform
Gradient Ventures, an early-stage venture fund within Google, is leading a $6 million investment in a new company that’s building software to let humans control cars remotely. Scotty Labs, a nine-person startup, works on “teleoperations,” an emerging slice of the autonomous vehicle business that may grow more critical as the field faces closer scrutiny.

California recently moved to let companies test driverless cars on public roads with remote human operators, starting in April. Scotty’s technology is designed for new regulatory environments like this. When a self-driving car finds itself in a tricky situation – stuck in snow, or behind a truck for instance – it alerts a trained operator in a call center who takes over.
Scotty Labs (as in “beam me up, Scotty”) has built remote-driving equipment that looks like a souped-up arcade game. It’s also working on faster wireless networking technology so human operators can steer cars with minimal latency, a big outstanding hurdle.

Nissan Motor Co. and other companies have begun testing their own remote-control systems. Some of these firms, including Alphabet’s Waymo, believe vehicles will, eventually, come without steering wheels. Scotty’s bet is that some person, somewhere, will still need to be involved. “The idea is to help get the safety driver out of the vehicle,” founder Tobenna Arodiogbu said.

Last edited:
•••
$2,100,000,000 research park in Beijing. 54.87 hectares of space for around 400 AI businesses

beijing_reuters.ashx

ai.jpg

Emmanuel Macron wants France to become a leader in AI and avoid ‘dystopia’

France is going big on artificial intelligence (AI). President Emmanuel Macron yesterday announced a €1.5 billion plan to turn his country into a world leader for AI research and innovation, a field dominated by the United States and China. It calls for a hefty investment, a handful of specialized institutes, a focus on ethics and open data, and a call to recruit foreign researchers and French scientists working abroad to the country, not unlike Macron’s 2017 “Make Our Planet Great Again” climate initiative.

Macron presented his plans in a lengthy speech peppered with erudite references and touches of humor at the end of the“AI for Humanity” conference in Paris. Turning the country into an AI leader would allow France to use AI for the public good and ensure that a “Promethean” promise doesn’t become a “dystopia,” he said.

“The timing couldn’t be more perfect,” says Alessandro Curioni, vice president of Europe and director of IBM Research in Zurich, Switzerland, who attended the event in Paris. “We are becoming awash in data and we simply can’t keep up. The only answer is AI,” he says.

•••
sensetime_logo2.png

SenseTime is in the final stages of raising about 5 billion yuan ($790 million) for an investment fund focused on artificial intelligence companies in China, people with knowledge of the matter said. Wong’s duties will include helping manage the fund as well as overseeing mergers and acquisitions work for SenseTime, according to one of the people, who asked not to be identified because the information is private.

The AI fund, which is backed by Chinese private equity firm CDH Investments, will be a domestic yuan-denominated fund, another person said. CDH is helping to find investors and agreed to raise about half of the funds being sought, the people said.

•••
AImotive raises $38 million for self-driving car software
aimotive-4.jpg

Europe’s AImotive has raised $38 million in a third round of funding for its software for autonomous cars.

Budapest, Hungary-based AImotive has specialized in making software that can take the data from autonomous car cameras and sensors and then identify pedestrians and other hazards for the artificial intelligence driving system to avoid. The company announced the news ahead of CES 2018, the big tech trade show in Las Vegas next week.

The new round of funding comes from B Capital Group and Prime Ventures and will be used to increase global scale and accelerate autonomous driving software via simulation technology.

•••
6D.ai Raises Large undisclosed Seed A round.
screen-shot-2018-02-20-at-12-30-07-pm.png

6D.ai is building AR tech that crowdsources a 3D mesh of the world
6D.ai, an Oxford, UK- and San Francisco, CA-based developer of APIs for engaging AR apps across all platforms, raised an equity seed round of funding of undisclosed amount.

The round was led by General Catalyst, with participation from Oxford Sciences Innovation, Greg Castle from Anorak Ventures, Ori Inbar from Super Ventures, Amit Mahajan from Presence Capital, Jacob Mullins from Shasta Ventures, Ryan Walsh from Floodgate, Don Stein from Candela Partners, Jeff Kraus from Google Ventures, Wayne Chang, Jeff Seibert, and Robert del Naja, among others. In conjunction with the funding, GC’s managing director, Niko Bonatsos, joined 6D.ai’s board of directors.

The company is using the funds to hire computer vision and core mobile engineers.

•••
Electric.AI Raises $9.3M in Series A Funding
Electric, a NYC-based platform to provide an automated, intelligent IT support channel for small and midsized businesses, raised $9.3M in Series A financing.

The round was led by Bessemer Venture Partners, with participation from Bowery Capital and Primary Venture Partners. In conjunction with the funding, Bob Goodman from Bessemer will be joining Electric’s board of directors.

The company will use the funds to further develop its proprietary automation technology and to expand sales and marketing efforts to cities across the US.
electric.jpg

•••
latest acquisitions:
AI// HRM//.com
AI// calendar//.com

•••
arkera-sharing-black-150x150.png
Arkera, a London, UK-based artificial intelligence platform for personal investing, raised £4m in funding.

The round was led by XTX Markets and Alan Howard with participation from DOCOMO Digital, Henry Ritchotte and additional investors.

The company intends to use the funds to further develop its machine learning platform and to expand its presence globally.

Founded in 2015 by Co-CEOs Vinit Sahni and Nav Gupta, and CTO Krishan Patel, Arkera provides financial institutions with an Artificial Intelligence powered app that connects real word events and news directly to investment products.
Initially, the company

•••
Comet.ml Raises $2.3m in Seed Funding
Comet.ml, a New York City-based machine learning platform, raised $2.3m in seed funding.

The round was led by Trilogy Equity Partners with participation from Two Sigma Ventures, Founders Co-Op, Fathom Capital and Techstars Ventures. In conjunction with the funding, Yuval Neeman, Partner at Trilogy Equity Partners, will join Comet.ml’s Board of Directors and Matt Jacobus, Two Sigma’s Former CTO and a Venture Partner at Two Sigma Ventures, will join as a board observer.

The company, which came out of the Amazon Alexa Accelerator program, powered by TechStars, and created in partnership with Amazon’s Alexa fund in fall 2017, will use the financing to expand its team of software engineers and data scientists to continue to develop its product.

Led by Gideon Mendels, Founder and CEO, and Nimrod Lahav, Co-founder and Chief Technology Officer, Comet.ml is an infrastructure-agnostic machine learning (ML) platform that enables engineers and data scientists to track, compare, monitor and optimize ML models.
The platform manages and monitors customers’ existing systems and infrastructure (e.g., existing code, databases, software and servers) instead of requiring customers to migrate their existing codebase, datasets and DevOps tools. Within 15 seconds and one line of code customers get started on Comet.ml.

Comet.ml provides free and unlimited access to its platform for open source projects and academia to encourage reproducibility and knowledge sharing within the ML community.

•••
There just doesn't seem like there are enough companies doing AI to me this niche very profitable.

And so many AI companies don't use AI in their name... and AI is almost never the actual product that's offered ... Ai is usually just a tool behind a product or service that features sonething with so e AI capabilities...

Not enough reason for a company to buy a domain. But that's just my take...

•••
Comet.ml wants to do for machine learning what GitHub did for code

•••

syte-winter-2018@2x.png
Syte.ai, a visual search startup just for fashion, closes $8M Series A
Syte.ai, a visual search startup focused on fashion products, announced that it has raised an $8 million Series A. The lead investor is NHN Ventures (the investment arm of Korean internet services giant NHN), with participation from Naver Corp., messaging app Line Corp., Magma VC, Remagine VC, KDC Ventures, and NBM Ventures.

Co-founder and CMO Lihi Pinto Fryman was working as an investment banker in London when a red dress in Vogue caught her eye. She tried to find a similar one online, but couldn’t.

“I said to my husband, how can it be that in 2014 I see a dress that I really like and can’t just tap it and get it?” she told TechCrunch. The two started looking at ways to build a better visual search engine and in 2015 teamed up with CTO Dr. Helge Voss and COO Idan Pinto to launch Syte .ai (Lihi’s husband, Ofer Fryman, a former account executive at Hewlett-Packard, is CEO).

•••
Show attachment 84924
Syte.ai, a visual search startup just for fashion, closes $8M Series A
Syte.ai, a visual search startup focused on fashion products, announced that it has raised an $8 million Series A. The lead investor is NHN Ventures (the investment arm of Korean internet services giant NHN), with participation from Naver Corp., messaging app Line Corp., Magma VC, Remagine VC, KDC Ventures, and NBM Ventures.

Co-founder and CMO Lihi Pinto Fryman was working as an investment banker in London when a red dress in Vogue caught her eye. She tried to find a similar one online, but couldn’t.

“I said to my husband, how can it be that in 2014 I see a dress that I really like and can’t just tap it and get it?” she told TechCrunch. The two started looking at ways to build a better visual search engine and in 2015 teamed up with CTO Dr. Helge Voss and COO Idan Pinto to launch Syte .ai (Lihi’s husband, Ofer Fryman, a former account executive at Hewlett-Packard, is CEO).
They should own Sight.AI too.

•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back