NameSilo

Afternic worth it ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

doofer

Top Member
Impact
Currently have domains listed on Dan & Epik with little success. Thinking of listing on Afternic but put off by tales of poor customer service not to mention more than double the commission & having to wait 10+ days for the proceeds of a sale as opposed 24 hrs or even the same day !

Are the perceived downsides worth the extra potential offered by their supposedly greater traffic !?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

you won't know, unless you try.

some folks hold a name for years before it sells,
then they get pissed cuz they have to wait a few more days to get paid. duh!

if the commission is an issue, then just increase price to cover some of that cost.

imo...

•••
Currently have domains listed on Dan & Epik with little success. Thinking of listing on Afternic but put off by tales of poor customer service not to mention more than double the commission & having to wait 10+ days for the proceeds of a sale as opposed 24 hrs or even the same day !

Are the perceived downsides worth the extra potential offered by their supposedly greater traffic !?
Afternic is worth it despite the many,many, many areas they need to improve on.

As for proceeds, it took just 24 hours to receive the money they sent for my last sale via wire transfer.

This is coming from someone that doesn't live in the US and whose domains aren't pointed there. Funny enough, the few times I've changed my nameservers to Afternic, I hardly saw sales. I've only had success with their fast transfer network.

Maybe, when their BIN pages are fully ready, I might try them out for 6 months and see what happens.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back