IT.COM

information Afternic Update

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Joe Styler

Aftermarket Product ManagerTop Member
GoDaddy Staff
Impact
There are several threads ongoing about Afternic so it was easier to start a new one here with the big picture of what is going on. A few weeks ago we had a major release which did away with the escrow process on Afternic and started a new service called Transaction Assurance. There are several main reasons why we did it, two of the big ones being:
1. Compliance - We are not an escrow company and using this new flow allows us to be compliant to all laws in the areas we operate which is very important for everyone.
2. Ease of use - Much of what we have done over the past 2 years around the Aftermarket is being done to reduce overall friction for the buyer and seller to allow domains to move to buyers easier and make managing your domains for sale easier.

There are other reasons for doing this which tie into a bigger picture of other projects we have in line for the coming year or so which also allow for better sales for our sellers such as faster payment times and more International payment options as well as better/easier domain management and some bigger improvements that have been asked for by customers for a while.

The project was not rushed or left untested. In fact we put in over 8 man years of labor on it and did extensive testing. Part of the project involved us integrating with two 3rd party providers to help with International payments and communications. These are big name companies with a track record of success and utilizing their tools behind the scenes will help everyone in the long run to be able to sell more domains easier.

Obviously things have not gone as well as we would have liked, but we are actively working on resolving the issues around communication and payments. We have had meetings at the highest levels to take care of this as a very high priority. As of today we believe most email communication issue are resolved.

We are not only meeting about things we are actively deploying new code and changes and other teams are working to manually jump in and help out so we can get answers for our customers and make sure they are being paid. I personally saw many people working late nights and over the weekends doing what they could to keep improving the processes because our customers are very important to us. We have a good team who have all pulled together to try and help it is not just me on the forum answering questions I couldn't do it without the help of our Aftermarket teams.

I think we are very close to having a smoothly operating process again with a better ultimate process for the future which will allow you to grow with us and continue to sell domains at a better rate of return. Thank you for your patience and for being a customer.

If you are waiting for payment the #1 thing I have seen resolve this the fastest is to login to your Afternic account and go to your payment settings. Make sure that you have a payment set up as a default option and that is correct. We migrated all the old payment information into the new system. If you are in doubt or cannot find a way to select a default payment option it is faster to create a new payment method (even using the same info you already have) and select that new payment method as your default. Doing this will tell the system to try and pay you for any outstanding balance you are owed.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There is a major glitch in the search functionality at least on my end. When I'm searching for a keyword. It shows the first 50 and that's. When I scroll down to see more and it's doing the auto display of more domains- but it just displays dashes for domain name, not priced, and a green make and and a price of $250. If I click on a dash it's a 404 page. So essentially I can't perform any searches outside those 50 resulting ones for any keyword as no domain name is displayed. I've tried for for Chrome and Firefox. Logged in and out.

Not found :(
Sorry, but the page you were trying to view does not exist.

It looks like this was the result of either:

• a mistyped address
  • an out-of-date link
2q3dunc.png

•••
No, it can't be? That would be really poor.

I've emailed support and and they stated they are aware the search tool is not working properly and have escalated it to the dev team. Apparently there're working on a new site.
If you can forward that response to me I would appreciate it. We are not working on a new site and we are not able to show a price in the search results if the seller does not give us a price to sell the domain name for. For instance, if you search for AllStarCoin it will come back with the first result AllStarCoin.com and show no price because there is not a price for that name only the ability for the buyer to make an offer as the seller (me) did not price that domain. If you search for ExportCoin it will show the result ExportCoin.com and have a price listed because I set a sales price for that one. Afternic search results can only show a price if there is one set by the seller.

•••
•••
It doesn't show an estimated date until we know when we are going to pay you out now. Has the domain name left your account yet? It needs to move to the buyer and then you are paid. You can email [email protected] for an update if the domain name has left your account.

Joe, what is the usual time it takes now to be paid when the sale was thru Fast Transfer and the domain left my account right away? Sale of domain was 10/17/17. There is still no Payment Date scheduled. Thanks.

•••
Typically 5 business days so it is that today. If you email [email protected] they can give you an update on the specific name.

•••
No, it can't be? That would be really poor.

I've emailed support and and they stated they are aware the search tool is not working properly and have escalated it to the dev team. Apparently there're working on a new site.
I appreciate the private messages to explain this better to me. Sorry for misunderstanding you. There is a broken part of the search and they are going to fix the results so they do not show a "." as a domain name towards the bottom of the list of results.

•••
Hi Joe,

Now all Vietnam users can't access Afternic.com again. Afternic has blocked all IP from Vietnam again since last week.

•••
•••
Hi Joe,

Now all Vietnam users can't access Afternic.com again. Afternic has blocked all IP from Vietnam again since last week.
Can you send me your IP and I will look into it?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back