Dynadot

question Afternic Refusing to accept my domain listings

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lknights1987

Established Member
Impact
3 domains have been rejected by Afternic because they say they're trademark domains apparently but when doing a search on Afternic for the same keywords i find lots but with other extensions.

Diesels
Stacked Etherium
Bitcoin Banks

They have told me the decision is final and these domains cannot be listed on Afternic. Has anyone else had a similar experience ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Maybe they're being stricter now in reviewing listings.

Diesels is an odd denial though. It's a type of engine, and I don't think it's trademarked or can be trademarked for that. But I'm not a lawyer. I'm guessing they denied it, thinking of Diesel clothing. But by that standard, they'd have to close down their marketplace if they denied all dictionary words that had a trademark.

•••
Are these .coms? because, if they are not, maybe the extension has played a role in the rejection decision. diesels.clothing (just an example) is an obvious trademark, completely unrelated to engines, while diesels.com should not be a TM.

Moreover, it seems that BitcoinBank is a business? (quick searched in Google). Don't also forget that both Bitcoin and Ethereum are Trademarked anyway.

What is strange is that they rejected a typo of Ethereum (your domain spells 'Etherium'). I didn't know that they also reject typos of a trademark.

•••
Are these .coms? because, if they are not, maybe the extension has played a role in the rejection decision. diesels.clothing (just an example) is an obvious trademark, completely unrelated to engines, while diesels.com should not be a TM.

Moreover, it seems that BitcoinBank is a business? (quick searched in Google). Don't also forget that both Bitcoin and Ethereum are Trademarked anyway.

What is strange is that they rejected a typo of Ethereum (your domain spells 'Etherium'). I didn't know that they also reject typos of a trademark.
I miss spelled it on here it's actually stacked ethereum (.com)
Bitcoin banks .co.uk and diesels .io

•••
Strange, never had it happen before. Plenty of Bitcoin domains listed on Afternic with just about every keyword.

•••
Not sure if it's still valid, but Bitcoin was actually trademarked in the UK a few years ago.

•••
3 domains have been rejected by Afternic because they say they're trademark domains apparently but when doing a search on Afternic for the same keywords i find lots but with other extensions.

Diesels
Stacked Etherium
Bitcoin Banks

They have told me the decision is final and these domains cannot be listed on Afternic. Has anyone else had a similar experience ?
Do you get some message about it or you just noticed it and then contacted them for the reason?

Last edited:
•••
Do you get some message about it or you just noticed it and then contacted them for the reason?
I contacted them first. These domains were showing in review

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back