NameSilo

Afternic Query

Labeled as registrars in Domain Beginners, started by MatrixNames, Feb 20, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. MatrixNames

MatrixNames New Member

Hi all

I have a dot com domain for sale. Its listened on Afternic and the domain is pointing to NS3 and NS4 Afternic landers. The price I have set for the domain is circa 2000.
    As far I understand, listing the name on Afternic means people can the domain when they visit partnered registrars. When I check across the other registrars like Enon and Network solutions for the domain it comes up different prices. Some higher and lower than what my price is set at wit Afternic.

Does anyone why this is? I am sure I am missing something totally obvious!

Thanks all :)

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. DomainBarracksRob

DomainBarracksRob Top Contributor VIP

It's so the other marketplace can make their cut (commissions), Afternic make theirs, and you will still receive your Afternic price after commission cost.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  3. MatrixNames

MatrixNames New Member

Thanks for the reply! Thats what I thought - but what about cases where its lower then my sell price?

4. DomainBarracksRob

DomainBarracksRob Top Contributor VIP

Afternic has something worked out with them, you will still recive the the net of your Afternic paired Price after commission.( I think namecheap is one of the examples you seen listed lower) All you need to worry about is what price you have set on Anic

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  5. MatrixNames

MatrixNames New Member

Interesting stuff..! Thanks :)

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice