IT.COM

sales Afternic Price Requests

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
When I get an Afternic price request, the e-mail says to do two things. Update the domain with a BIN and floor price and to call them. Until now, I have just added a price to the domain as I thought this would automatically trigger an e-mail to the person making the inquiry. I never called them. Yesterday when I called the salesperson said that just updating the price on the Afternic site WON'T trigger an e-mail to the person making the inquiry and that I need to reply to the Afternic e-mail with a price. Is this correct or was I just talking to someone who gave me incorrect information?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Price requests never worked with me

Any one tell us how to turn price requests into real sales ?

•••
Well, maybe I will just have to add BIN's and change the landing pages.

•••
Might be interesting for people to see some correspondence I had with Afternic for a price request recently......slightly edited by me

After the generic price request email from Afternic I asked the below......

Did they make any offer? If so price?
Any idea of their budget?
I have the minimum offer set at $x,xxx – are they aware of this?

Look forward to hearing back from you.

They replied

We received an offer of $x.xxx, which is the minimum you have set for xxxx .com, however this is just the start of the negotiation process. Unfortunately we do not know the buyers budget, but I recommend you set a Buy Now price, as well as establish a Floor price.

The Buy Now price is the published price that will be distributed across the Afternic Network.

The Floor Price is the lowest acceptable sales price our sales executive can negotiate without seeking approval (the floor price is not viewable to buyers). This allows us to quickly close deals on your behalf and capitalize on impulse buyers paying right then and there.

Thanks,

Followed up with a few days later and they where still negotiating - I set a BIN and floor price and have left it as it is........they replied......

Thanks for updating the price, currently it's still in negotiation stage, and the current offer still stand at $x.xxx.

We'll be sure to keep you updated as soon as we hear any more on this.

Not looking like a sale will happen, but the pricing has been set by me and I won't be changing it......

•••
In my opionion it works like this. Endusers go to GD, GD says domain taken but we can try to get it for you, meanwhile they can get a price from the buyer also. And then they make price request at AN "on behalf of the buyer". Buyer doesn't know anything about that price request. You can add prices. Then the potential buyer (and everyone searching for the domain) will see the BIn and min (this part is great, but..), but not the floor (of course they shouldn't); but GD can block this possibility, and if you ask them why are you doing this, they will just ignore. Not a fair business. Your response to price request will go the buyer, but buyer here is GD and can ignore your response, and not transfer it to the actual buyer, thinking "not worth my time".
Or instead they can make offer at Dan or Sedo as well, who knows..
So two separate sales are taking place, you sell to GD, GD sells to the buyer. Ideally price for selling to GD should be the same as price for buying from GD, and theoretically you can check this after the sale is completed by asking the buyer; but there can be "exceptions" I suspect.
And of course others can also make offers, or make requests but probably they would also be domainers or agents, or endusers familiar with domain business.
Does GD ever advertise AN anywhere? No, because it is basically an interface between mid-people and sellers.
I don't understand why so many endusers prefer GD over competition.

•••
I've received the same emails from Afternic.
However, I don't want to set a BIN or Floor Price because the BIN price gets published, and if it's too high, it turns off interest, and if too low and they buy, then I lose out.

Must I set a BIN price in order to get buyer to offer a price? Is there anyway to get Afternic buyer to offer price first without me setting any prices?

•••
I’ve gotten price requests immediately after getting an offer almost every time. The brokers (both Afternic but especially GoDaddy) do the price requests not the end user.

•••
There is no AN buyer. It is is GD acting on behalf of the buyer. But if you are parking there, it is a different story. I think..

•••
I've received the same emails from Afternic.
However, I don't want to set a BIN or Floor Price because the BIN price gets published, and if it's too high, it turns off interest, and if too low and they buy, then I lose out.

Must I set a BIN price in order to get buyer to offer a price? Is there anyway to get Afternic buyer to offer price first without me setting any prices?
No, you don't have to set a BIN price.

Just leave the BIN empty, set your floor price (the lowest you're willing to sell for) and leave the minimum offer price at $20 (I think that's the lowest they allow).

If you're using their landing pages, use ns3/4 for make offer.

•••
No, you don't have to set a BIN price.

Just leave the BIN empty, set your floor price (the lowest you're willing to sell for) and leave the minimum offer price at $20 (I think that's the lowest they allow).

If you're using their landing pages, use ns3/4 for make offer.
Have you ever sold a domain using these landers on make offer? If yes how much did you sell the domain for ?

•••
Have you ever sold a domain using these landers on make offer? If yes how much did you sell the domain for ?
No, I haven't. I mostly use BIN pricing (ns5/6).

•••
I see some people set bin at afternic but use ns3 ns4 landers that dont show price
Hoping to get more i guess

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back