Dynadot

Afternic launches the lead center beta

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TangoTango

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The broker answered me yesterday and said he noted the buyer from countries that do not typically purchase domain names and are usually confused.
So, racial profiling?...

•••
The broker answered me yesterday and said he noted the buyer from countries that do not typically purchase domain names and are usually confused.

Funny! The same broker responded to me with:

"This lead came from a spam email address that is not a buyer."

Basin common sense tells me that it's highly unlikely every single lead assigned to this broker is a spam email address. Spam gets assigned to other brokers and they follow up.

This broker alone was assigned 17 leads from my portfolio.

All but the first two leads assigned were stalled out in under 5 minutes the exact same way...no emails sent or calls logged.

The first lead assigned to this broker was closed out the same way 7.5 hours after being initiated. (No emails sent or calls logged.)

The second lead was closed out the same way 8.5 hours after being initiated. (No emails sent or calls logged.)

No attempt whatsoever to contact the buyer.

This was just one broker.

Bottom line is, I don't believe them.

If I don't believe them, I obviously don't trust them.

If I don't trust them, there's no point in staying with them.

That said, I am done with them.

That's all folks!.

•••
Hey, are we supposed to receive some sort of notification of a lead that pops up in the "lead center" section on Afternic? I just discovered that a bunch of leads are in my account but I never received any notifications. Is that how it's supposed to work?

•••
One more thing I just discovered: I can see the leads on my desktop computer but on mobile all entries are blank. Is that a bug?

•••
I have noticed that when I try to access the lead centre from my phone, I get this.
Messages are invisible.
Is it something that has to do with my phone or the mobile version of Afternic?
There is a way around this for now. If you turn your phone to landscape when on the lead center page refresh the page and then you'll see the leads appear. You can then turn your phone back to how you first had it and the leads will still show.

•••
I have same experience, 3 offers stalled without any tries by Taylor B borker

Fascinating. I just checked and every lead assigned to this particular broker is dead at "attempting to qualify buyer" without single email sent or call logged. This doesn't seem to be the case with ANY other broker I randomly checked.

•••
Fascinating. I just checked and every lead assigned to this particular broker is dead at "attempting to qualify buyer" without single email sent or call logged. This doesn't seem to be the case with ANY other broker I randomly checked.
That is the pattern. Export the leads and you'll have the timestamps.

•••
That is the pattern. Export the leads and you'll have the timestamps.

I have raised the issue with my rep and will see what he says. There must be some explanation. What was the other broker you mentioned was also auto-stalling? I can check that too.

•••
I have raised the issue with my rep and will see what he says. There must be some explanation. What was the other broker you mentioned was also auto-stalling? I can check that too.
I raised the issue with my rep last week. Let me know how your rep responds and we'll compare notes. (Privately of course.)

Last edited:
•••
Correct, I told him that if he did not have interst to follow the buyer, please let him forward the lead to other brokers.

•••
Others not, just from my experience

•••
I just checked my AF account, and I have 3 leads assigned to Taylor B. They are all "Stalled", and at all of them is written:

"Low quality lead score based on data endpoints - automation only until engagement from inquirer"

•••
I just checked my AF account, and I have 3 leads assigned to Taylor B. They are all "Stalled", and at all of them is written:

"Low quality lead score based on data endpoints - automation only until engagement from inquirer"
Taylor B must be a bot! I managed to message Taylor B and got a response from Seth.

•••
Taylor B must be a bot! I managed to message Taylor B and got a response from Seth.
I guess his name must be Taylor Bot, huh. Makes sense :)

•••

After I questioned it and received a bot like message, all of mine were changed to this as well. The other "bot rep" appears to be out of service.

I was thinking the same thing. Bots created to kill leads.

Why would anyone do such a thing? To fuel expiry auction inventory.

•••
Correct, I told him that if he did not have interst to follow the buyer, please let him forward the lead to other brokers.

I've done this in the past. I said, "If you're NOT going to work the lead, give it to someone who will."

Edit: It seems I left out the most important word. (NOT)
Now it makes sense.

Last edited:
•••
I did get response from my Afternic rep.

Taylor B is assigned (bot or human, did not discuss) to the leads that have been deemed as bad. Probably algorithmically depending on what is filled in the form. And the guy just does QA on those. So he either kills them (vast majority) or re-assigns.

•••
I did get response from my Afternic rep.

Taylor B is assigned (bot or human, did not discuss) to the leads that have been deemed as bad. Probably algorithmically depending on what is filled in the form. And the guy just does QA on those. So he either kills them (vast majority) or re-assigns.

Sounds like you have a very good rep.

This was my Rep's response:

"A lot of the leads we receive are from people who aren’t interested in buying a domain or don’t ever respond to the brokers, so in the case of this one, this is very common for what the brokers are reaching out to."

•••
what "call logged", he successfully talked to the buyer or just attempted to talk to him?

•••
One of the stalled leads in my Lead Center says "Buyer indicated the domain was priced outside of what they wanted to spend." Anyone know if the brokers try to determine what price the buyer was expecting, and if they do, is that information communicated to us? Or do we have to proactively reach out to the broker and request that this be done? How's it work exactly?

•••
One of the stalled leads in my Lead Center says "Buyer indicated the domain was priced outside of what they wanted to spend." Anyone know if the brokers try to determine what price the buyer was expecting, and if they do, is that information communicated to us? Or do we have to proactively reach out to the broker and request that this be done? How's it work exactly?
do you have a floor, min offer or bin on your name?

•••
•••
How's it work exactly?
Hi

if, a broker gets a qualified lead, (as in one where the inquirer responds to email/phone call)
and negotiates w/broker on price > ie: your BIN / or floor price that is equal to or above your minimum <
then...maybe the broker will contact you at that point with the offer.

when brokers have contacted me in the past, it was always with offer in hand
so, basically, i think that's how it should work.

imo...

•••
Yes, I have a BIN price and a Minimum Offer price.
I had gd reps reach out with offers that were below my min but somewhat reasonable. I have a name name that is about 1k and the status shows like your

"Status updated to Negotiations Stalled
Buyer indicated the domain was priced outside of what they wanted to spend"

I am assuming the buyer didn't give a price or if he did it was too low. I agree that if the buyer does say a number, it should be entered into the system for us to see.

•••
One positive thing is the initial buyer offer is displayed so you don't have to call and find out what it is. Broker response and enthusiasm to questions is generally underwhelming though. Makes me question if they make anything from the commission.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back