Dynadot

Afternic is dead

NameSilo
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
They changed login screen. And it is impossible to login now. They say: your session expired: what, .. it didn't even start. Does anyone else experience the same thing?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I cleared cache and logged in with godaddy credentials...seems to be working

•••
•••
I cleared cache and logged in with godaddy credentials...seems to be working

I've always been reluctant to log in to Afternic with my Godaddy credentials, because of a possible integration that I don't want. But I am very curious about what happens when you log in to Afternic that way. Do you see any difference compared to the regular login with Afternic credentials?

•••
No problems logging in w/ normal Afternic credentials here, atm.

•••
•••
•••
Just had to put in the user name and password after clearing the cache and things were good.

•••
No one is going to @Joe Styler?

I think he’s charge of gd afternic aftermarket

Last edited:
•••
They changed login screen. And it is impossible to login now. They say: your session expired: what, .. it didn't even start. Does anyone else experience the same thing?
/
We did change the login screen. Is it still not working for you?

•••
Works great on mobile, seems faster.

•••
/

Still not working.

Maybe you should just keep the old login system for people who can't login with the new version.
for example you can show a link to the old version.

Last edited:
•••
I literally cleared cache , cookies, used multiple browsers, and can not login for days lol .

to login I have to use a VPN , under private browser on opera, so silly

•••
"Afternic is dead" - what do you base your assumption on?

•••
/

No it doesn't work for me.

Why do you tweak something that was working properly?

•••
No it doesn't work for me.

Why do you tweak something that was working properly?
Yeah why are they remaking that old and buggy afternic.

•••
•••
Can op or mods edit the title to reflect what the thread is about? thanks.

•••
Can't edit the title...But endusers don't know about Afternic anyway, so there is not much harm, if any.

•••
Can't edit the title...But endusers don't know about Afternic anyway, so there is not much harm, if any.

Well... What about perception, on this forum?

•••
Well... What about perception, on this forum?

Domainers would learn that there is a bug at the moment,.. it is an accident, not an unethical thing. Dead for now (temporary problem) for some of us. It can be fixed.

Mods can change the title, or even delete this thread (once the bug is fixed).
Why is there such a bug. I suspect , something like flash cookies are being used instead of /in addition to regular cookies and session cookies.
(maybe in the future we may see vaccine cookies).
Newer technology doesn't necessarily mean, better technology.
Examples: F35 war planes, mRNA vaccines, laptops with unremovable batteries, IOT, Cloud, cars which can be controlled remotely , driverless cars

Last edited:
•••
Oh no, don't make this another vaccine thread now @topdom :xf.frown:

Last edited:
•••
•••
Now you can see the reason why the login screen was updated, but I could not mention it until it was public. We added 2SV (2 factor authentication) today to Afternic to make it more secure. You now have the option to add it to your account. You should be able to log in to the account using your existing login. If you cannot try clearing the cache once to make sure no cookies got corrupted in the switch to the new login screen.

•••
Afternic is great and login works fine.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back