NameSilo

Afternic-error 403 pages, does this happen to you?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Over the last 6 months I have moved domains into Afternic for their (Smartname) parking and premium sales listings. However, I am getting really weary of continually having to follow up with Afternic as domains resolve incorrectly to Error 403 pages. Sometimes this is weeks after having changed the name servers to Afternic and entered them into my Afternic account.

I am now 3 emails into a non-responsive Afternic with my latest batch of Error 403 pages. Do any of you NPers have this same issue with Afternic??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, I had same issue. Contact Cameron of Afternic at [email protected]. He will check your names in the SmartName system to make sure they resolve properly.

•••
Same problem here, but mostly with .TV names that seem to get stuck pending approval. I ended up just parking them elsewhere as even price changes would create the problem again.

•••
Yes, I had same issue. Contact Cameron of Afternic at [email protected]. He will check your names in the SmartName system to make sure they resolve properly.

Thanks for this contact info. I will certainly email tomorrow (4th time now) if this hasn't been fixed. Does anyone know if there's an Afternic rep. on NP? I know Joe Styler is here for GoDaddy, mostly the aftermarket division, so not sure if that includes Afternic...

•••
Over the last 6 months I have moved domains into Afternic for their (Smartname) parking and premium sales listings. However, I am getting really weary of continually having to follow up with Afternic as domains resolve incorrectly to Error 403 pages. Sometimes this is weeks after having changed the name servers to Afternic and entered them into my Afternic account.

I am now 3 emails into a non-responsive Afternic with my latest batch of Error 403 pages. Do any of you NPers have this same issue with Afternic??

403's happen for me when my names are "pending review" - Mostly with .io's and other ccTLD's that are difficult to pull whois info on. But lately they have been getting approved quickly.

Btw, you can skip the parking page and forward them all to the buy it now landing pages with Nameserver.io

•••

Thanks again for this contact info. I emailed Cameron at Afternic today and he replied within minutes, having fixed the Error 403 and apologizing for the lack of response from Afternic service to date.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back