NameSilo

Afternic down?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I've been trying to log into my account for 15 minutes and continue to get an error.
Anyone else having this problem?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just tested it for you... worked for me.

Might have to delete your cookies and cache and retry. (y)

•••
Working for me as well...

p.s. They like to ban IP-ranges on their firewall...

•••
•••
Thanks guys,
For some reason an update with Eset was blocking entry. All good now.
Thanks

•••
•••
I am experiencing an issue with Afternic last 2 weeks.

I am 100% sure Afternic is having some connectivity issues.

When I type Afternic.com, website coming with this error note: "This site cant be reached"

But after 5-6 seconds website opening on its own.

I tested this with 3 different laptops with 3 different locations and ips and I saw same problem.

Like that we can lose many customer, and that means Afternic lose many customers.

If anyone enter Afternic.com url or going Afternic website through my domains sale link, still same problem happening.
Afternic website or any other Afternic page, after 5-6 second is opening on its own but nobody cant wait that much, specially first time visitors cant wait that. They would think website is not there.
So Afternic and we lose many customers like that.

But if you already went Afternic website and come back to Afternic.com there is no problem. Because you have already Afternic cookies. When remove your browser cookies and try, you can see that problem.

•••
Same recent problem with afternic being down upon first load but works if I refresh. There is something going on here.

•••
Afternic not believe the issue they have... Because nobody complain... They say this...
So, please send an email to Afternic regarding that issue, so they can understand and fix it. Here is the Afternic emails: service @afternic.com and support @afternic.com

•••
Afternic down for me for the past 10 minutes.

•••
Im not able to load afternic from my laptop, i have to use my phone on the 4g connection

•••
It's working here, but very slow.

•••
•••
I haven't been able to access afternic for the past couple of days, doesn't matter which browser I use it just wont connect. @Joe Styler please look into this.

•••
Also having lots of connectivity issues. It appears that the browser attempts to, but ultimately fails, to create a secure connection to Afternic, and the site doesn't load as a result at times. When it does load, the connection is not secure, so logins could be compromised.

•••
It periodically doesn't work for me as well... sometimes the immediate 2nd attempt helps to open it...

Last edited:
•••
Afternic not believe the issue they have... Because nobody complain... They say this...
So, please send an email to Afternic regarding that issue, so they can understand and fix it. Here is the Afternic emails: service @afternic.com and support @afternic.com
Send them link to this thread...

•••
Yeah it's super annoying. Also some of the domains I own that I redirect to the sales page is having connection problems. That's definitely not a good thing...

•••
I, too, ALWAYS fail to connect at first attempt. It tends to auto-refresh, and allows me access after a few seconds. Never on the first attempt, though. It also repeats incessantly as I continue to browse the site and go about my business, too.

•••
I can't login either,
For several days I've had to continuously refresh and clear browser cache to login.
Today I get "Connection timeout".
@Joe Styler

•••
I just noticed after several login attempts that I lost several views on a few of my domains.
Double digit losses at that.
Anyone else?

•••
Don't wait... If it is not loading instantly - hit "STOP" button in your browser and then immediately try again (2nd attempt works for me)...

p.s. Firefox 56.

Last edited:
•••
If you cannot get to afternic you need to email [email protected] with your IP address. They will look into it for you.

•••
I have a price request and I cannot even answer...

•••
If you reply to the email with the price they can put it on there for you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back