Domain Empire

sales Afternic deserves its commission

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

HDmarketing

Top Member
Impact
Hello, I wanted to share with you a good recent experience with Afternic sales team.

A few weeks ago I received an offer for Turbo / Beacon . com through their platform. It was listed with a $999 BIN and a $20 min offer.

First offer was $225. I wanted to counter @$799, hopping to get about $500. My head was already filled with scenarios, good and bad, because I was eager to sell as I had a lot of "Beacon" domains due to renew soon and needed some success. Maybe I should accept the first offer (No! No!), what if they don't reply etc...

Then I was contacted by Michael, from Afternic sales. He offered to do the negotiating for me, asked for my target and floor prices. I suggested to offer a bundle with the plural Turbo / Beacons among other things.

They were not interested by the plural but they bought the name @799, all happened without me worrying to much about negotiating. I think Afternic deserved it's commission on that one :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have always been suspicious about the "Floor price".

If I set a BIN at $1500 and a minimum at $250 ... and a Floor at $500 .. I always wondered how hard Afternic would negociate to get close to 1500 and not just make sure they settle for 500 so they at least get their commission.

•••
@HDmarketing ¿How many days you have to wait for the Afternic sales payment from the domain sale into your PayPal account?
I ask you this, because I sold a domain on Afternic last wednesday and a week later (yesterday) I still did not get my money in my PayPal account.

Thanks,
OmarVG

•••
@HDmarketing ¿How many days you have to wait for the Afternic sales payment from the domain sale into your PayPal account?
I ask you this, because I sold a domain on Afternic last wednesday and a week later (yesterday) I still did not get my money in my PayPal account.

Thanks,
OmarVG

It takes 8 days to get the money in your PayPal.

•••

Thanks,
OmarVG

Congrats on your AfterNic sale. ;)

Would you mind to tell us more here? Or here.

•••

If I set a BIN at $1500 and a minimum at $250 ... and a Floor at $500 .. I always wondered how hard Afternic would negociate to get close to 1500 and not just make sure they settle for 500 so they at least get their commission.

Well, @Dominic Belley , this experience was very good, they got my target price so I'm happy with it!
Remember that it's also their best interest to sell at highest possible price!

Congrats on your AfterNic sale. ;)
Would you mind to tell us more here? Or here.

Hi @trp3 , already did that there: Sales post

•••
Congrats on your Afternic sale! The beacon stuff has really picked up these past few years. I see it being one of those things to only get bigger as time goes on, kinda like VR. Own a few beacon names myself :)

•••
Many years ago Afternic was my favorite platform for buying and selling, but I stopped using them after a bad experience. Posts like this encourage me to give them another try. Congratulations on the sale, and thanks for sharing it with us.

RJ

•••
Many years ago Afternic was my favorite platform for buying and selling, but I stopped using them after a bad experience. Posts like this encourage me to give them another try. Congratulations on the sale, and thanks for sharing it with us.

RJ

What happened?

•••
Afternic is worth every penny, they dont just work hard they work smart. Brian there recently sold one of my names close to 10k.

A while ago I called around the major brokers to see how they talk to a regular person that doesn't know much, I asked about domains listed in the high XXXX area. While I didn't find any that were horrible, afternic really stood out and i listed many names there and they sold several really good.

•••

IMHO. It depends on the broker. IMHE (Experience) a lot of the brokers take the floor price (which is essentially your Min Sales Price) and offer that to the buyer. It is because of this I tend to keep my Floor Price somewhere about 70% of my Bin. Some brokers do try to negotiate. It would be interesting to know if they have a policy about that.

•••

RJ

Even my GoDaddy Account Manager recommends I list my domains for sale at Afternic instead of GoDaddy. Which reminds me to ask him if he was talking about BIN domains or Make Offer domains. Because you must have BIN domains to enjoy the wider coverage of their Premium Network. He did mention the slower payment at Afternic (8 days) compared to GoDaddy (very short, umm, I'd say a couple of days only).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back