IT.COM

marketplace Afternic BIN Lander Bug

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
To those who are using Godaddy/Afternic NS5/NS6 BIN Landers:

Be advised, the "Buy Now" buttons are not working on the landers.

So far, the only domains not affected are those that are opted-in to the Fast Transfer network.

For everything else, you may want to consider the NS3/NS4 landers or an alternative for the time being until they get the issue resolved.

I suspect this has been an unknown issue for quite awhile and as I'm sure you can imagine, there are a lot of domains affected by this issue.

I discovered the issue at the end of June while testing the BIN landers and knew something was terribly wrong when I was directed to an empty cart after ticking the buy now button. (I reported it immediately. Unfortunately, it didn't actually get seen or heard until a follow-up this week.)

Needless to say, they are now aware of the issue and working "feverishly" on it.

In the event this takes them longer than expected as I suspect it will, I thought it best that everyone using the NS5/NS6 BIN landers be made aware of the issue.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ns3/ns4 the same. Arbitrage scam preparations everywhere. But we can test them and expose them.
If our price is fixed, this just means: fewer sales because of their greed.

Last edited:
•••
nvm delete.

Last edited:
•••
This is why using unit testing is a must in any big project.

•••
It's now Monday and it looks like we're back to the original empty cart issue.

•••
It's now Monday and it looks like we're back to the original empty cart issue.
Yes, but this morning everything worked fine. I think they are working to solve the issue.
I find incredibly unprofessional that they didn't even contacted us to inform about the bug, I'm switching to SEDO landers.

•••
Yes, but this morning everything worked fine. I think they are working to solve the issue.
I find incredibly unprofessional that they didn't even contacted us to inform about the bug, I'm switching to SEDO landers.
It only works if you have or had something in your cart for it to attach itself to.
If your cookies & cache are clear, you'll consistently be taken to an empty cart.

•••
ns3/ns4 does not resolve to bin either.

•••
More than 5k domain pointed to Afternic, now it is time to move. Enough is enough.

•••
•••
It only works if you have or had something in your cart for it to attach itself to.
If your cookies & cache are clear, you'll consistently be taken to an empty cart.

Thanks @411domains , just realized after reading your post (y)

•••
•••
5&6 working on the east coast

•••
5&6 working on the east coast
I'm on the EC right now.

Here's a random example of what's happening with domains that are not Fast Transfer active and pointing to the NS5/NS6 BIN landers:

aftlander.PNG

Using a clean browser, (clear your cookies & cache,) tick the buy now button and you'll be directed to an empty cart.

aftlander2.PNG

Note: This is not my domain.

•••
ANBIN.png

They are definitely making some changes in the BIN lander. Incredible they are doing it live

•••
ns3/ns4 does not resolve to bin either.
NS3/4 are not intended as landers for BIN. Rather, they are intended as landers which have the potential purchaser call and talk with a GD agent in order to get pricing, and possibly ask questions or make a purchase. As far as I know the NS3/4 are working as intended.

I only checked a few of my NS5/6 this morning, but they seem to be as others have reported. They no longer give an error when Buy Now button pressed, but they do not add the domain name to the cart, unless the buyer already has something else in the cart. In the vast majority of cases I presume potential buyers would not have something in cart, so the situation is still serious.

But at least they seem to be working on the issue today.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
I don't get an error now. Some domains add and some don't add to the cart. Why is it so? It means the issue is not fully resolved. Hope this will be sorted out soon.

•••
I don't get an error now. Some domains add and some don't add to the cart. Why is it so? It means the issue is not fully resolved. Hope this will be sorted out soon.
remember, fast transfer may be an issue.

•••
remember, fast transfer may be an issue.
Actually even .xyz domain are now showing in the cart now but some .com don't. I think the issue is in the process of getting resolved. Maybe 24hrs from now it will start working as before.

•••
It's fixed now. I did a test on 2 of my domains. .blog and .xyz in incognito mode. No more empty cart error.

•••
Update:
After numerous tests in multiple browsers, different devices & networks, I can confirm that the issue does appear to have been resolved...for now. Hopefully it'll remain that way and those of you who are still using the landers will start seeing more sales.
This was a massive fail and the worst part is, nobody on our end knows how long it's been going on or how many sales were lost as a result of it.

•••
I believe it is resolved. The team was working on it before it was posted here. I believe all in there were two separate issues that were resolved in the past week. So you may have been seeing one or the other or both. Both issues should be resolved now. One was fixed last week and one was fixed today. One of the issues was sporadic so it didn't impact everyone which in part explains why some people saw it and some did not. The other impated a subset of domains which also explains why some people saw an error and some did not, it depended on which domains you looked up.
As you can imagine any revenue impacting issues get worked on right away and they are monitored. We take any error seriously and we do not want anything to impact customer sales. We knew about the two errors and were working on them last week before anyone on here reported them. Please let me know if you continue to see any errors.

•••
Personal i don't care if work or not NS5 , NS6 NS4 ,NS1 .. long as still my problem persist
Not working fast opt in so i decide to delete all my domains that are eligible for fast transfer program & keep only .us
Cheers

PS Is GoDaddy/Afternic an USA company?
Answer: Yes
It is a american patriot company?
Answer: No
MAKE .US TO BE VALID FOR OPT-IN FAST TRANSFER PROGRAM !!!
I think is time since GD acquire rights of .US

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
MAKE .US TO BE VALID FOR OPT-IN FAST TRANSFER PROGRAM !!!
I think is time since GD acquire rights of .US

Do something for your country - USA
Promote .US

"Are you from USA dear buyer? Buy a .US because is the ccTLD for United States of America"
And make me chief over .US department of marketing / sale / promotion on GD , Afternic , Uni , DAN & perhaps DynaDot when will acquire
🤗 😋 🤗

•••
I believe it is resolved. The team was working on it before it was posted here. I believe all in there were two separate issues that were resolved in the past week. So you may have been seeing one or the other or both. Both issues should be resolved now. One was fixed last week and one was fixed today. One of the issues was sporadic so it didn't impact everyone which in part explains why some people saw it and some did not. The other impated a subset of domains which also explains why some people saw an error and some did not, it depended on which domains you looked up.
As you can imagine any revenue impacting issues get worked on right away and they are monitored. We take any error seriously and we do not want anything to impact customer sales. We knew about the two errors and were working on them last week before anyone on here reported them. Please let me know if you continue to see any errors.

Anyone has same problem with .BIZ ? Looks like the problem still persists with all my .biz domains. Domains are Fast Transfer enabled at SAV. Please check this one: metacar.biz
@Joe Styler

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back