IT.COM

marketplace Afternic BIN Lander Bug

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
To those who are using Godaddy/Afternic NS5/NS6 BIN Landers:

Be advised, the "Buy Now" buttons are not working on the landers.

So far, the only domains not affected are those that are opted-in to the Fast Transfer network.

For everything else, you may want to consider the NS3/NS4 landers or an alternative for the time being until they get the issue resolved.

I suspect this has been an unknown issue for quite awhile and as I'm sure you can imagine, there are a lot of domains affected by this issue.

I discovered the issue at the end of June while testing the BIN landers and knew something was terribly wrong when I was directed to an empty cart after ticking the buy now button. (I reported it immediately. Unfortunately, it didn't actually get seen or heard until a follow-up this week.)

Needless to say, they are now aware of the issue and working "feverishly" on it.

In the event this takes them longer than expected as I suspect it will, I thought it best that everyone using the NS5/NS6 BIN landers be made aware of the issue.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Using a private window on Firefox the page takes a really long time to load when using NS5 and NS6.

Does this happen to other people?
Sadly, it's been like this from the very first day they rolled it out and one of the many reasons I use it.
I brought this up to them many, many times and nothing changed except the layout, which doesn't load either.
I thought the ns5/ns6 landers would be game changers, but all they've done is waste our time and cost us sales and let's face it, they're not getting any better or producing sales, so I can''t recommend them to anyone. (Especially now with the new design. I mean, what were they thinking???!!!)

•••
Sadly, it's been like this from the very first day they rolled it out and one of the many reasons I use it.

Apologies for any confusion, what I meant to say was, "One of the many reasons I don't use it."

•••
•••
An ngTLD domain with BIN price that I added 10 days ago is directed to ns5-ns6 servers, but its price does not appear on the sales page and therefore the buy now option is not active.

In addition, the domain was not added automatically during CSV upload. I realized this situation much later and had to add it manually.

The support team has not made a statement yet, I have been waiting for an answer for days.

•••
An ngTLD domain with BIN price that I added 10 days ago is directed to ns5-ns6 servers, but its price does not appear on the sales page and therefore the buy now option is not active.

In addition, the domain was not added automatically during CSV upload. I realized this situation much later and had to add it manually.

The support team has not made a statement yet, I have been waiting for an answer for days.
It's very possible that it's not supported by the GD/AFT lander at this time. However, it should be on the ns3/ns4 landers as well as the other platforms.

•••
It's very possible that it's not supported by the GD/AFT lander at this time. However, it should be on the ns3/ns4 landers as well as the other platforms.

I thought the same thing but other ngTLDs work smoothly.

Not getting a quick and clear response from the support team is more frustrating.

•••
Hi, I've read this thread half an hour ago and checked my domains status on afternic, I've discovered this error persists on lots of my domains (also those in fast transfer). Has anyone found out a solution? What to do... l've also checked some fast transfer and seen they're on go daddy auctions, but with an incredible wrong price that make them unselleable... a domain set for 250$ (afternic backend confirms the price and landing ns5 too) with 50+ views... displays in the godaddy auction for $8000 make offer... Another test, tried to add some of them to cart... error, your cart is empty... Wow, not a single function working...

•••
The wacky outrageous pricing and minimum offer on godaddy auction thing was brought up by me in official afternic thread. Another member was in communication with them but they dont care. To bad I wanted to use godaddy auction page as lander but thats out.
Havent checked my ns5/ns6 landers, to busy reading 2000 posts about epik toxins

•••
Back