Dynadot

discuss After You Registered The .Com...Somebody Regged The .Net and .Org

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
I noticed that a domain I hand registered a few months ago has been taken in .net and .org. Definitely makes me feel justified in registering the .com first.

Have you ever had that happen? After you registered the .com, others registered the .net and .org.

The domain I'm speaking of in this case is ithereum.com. Maybe they would want the .com?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
or simply they are also a domainer looking for profit :D

•••
wow! that's nice one!

had that happen a few times already. don't think much of it. usually it's just someone who is like those ankle biter chihuahuas nipping at your dripping cheese hot dog. someone is either betting your .com will sell

or

perhaps you beat them (enduser) to it and it's someone who plans contact you eventually?

wouldn't hurt reaching out to them.

then again they might try to sell you theirs. lol

depends...is the registrant from some third world developing country? (see what I did there? did not mention any specific country or else I'll get chewed out. lol:xf.wink:)

•••
You build a factory. They built employee quarters dependent on your factory..!!

•••
Have you ever had that happen?

Several times...I love it when that happens! Especially when it is two different entities...mo money!

•••
Count me in "Somebody" but not with your domain. I always try to check recently sold domain, if the .com buyer is a domain seller, I simply try to get .org or .co, but i don't register any variant if I see buyer is Company/organization because there is chance that they have spent there domain budget.

•••
Please add .io to the list.

They registered .net, and .io in the same time.
Registration Date:
2017-08-07

.org
Registration Date:
2017-06-01

•••
Please add .io to the list.

They registered .net, and .io in the same time.
Registration Date:
2017-08-07

.org
Registration Date:
2017-06-01
This both extension are selling good in cryptocurrency niche.

Edit :- .io and .org

•••
I never bother to check but it's plausible.

•••
As a domainer, this is actually a good thing. But as a brand, .net and .org must be secured.

•••
as long as you have the .com you are in control

Last edited:
•••
Registered MinBitcoinCash.com in July+.org, other domainers took the .net and the .online extensions. It's a long term play for me.

•••
Back