domains After selling for $7,500 in 2013 5G.org left to expire

NameSilo
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
5G.ORG closed at $6,150 on GoDaddy yesterday. The domain was previously sold for $7,500 in 2013. The domain name was under privacy at GoDaddy and parked at Sedo up until expiration. Historical Sales 7,500 USD on 2013-06-26 at Sedo 5G.org expired on GoDaddy In 2013 5G was a future standard, today all the buzz is about 5G. 5G - Wikipedia 5G is the fifth generation wireless … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think someone left some money on the table for 5G.org. It sold to low for me...

•••
I think someone left some money on the table for 5G.org. It sold to low for me...

Well it was expired so no one making the money but GoDaddy. I do agree it went low.

•••
Damn I forgot to bid on it. Would have paid much more than it sold for.

•••
Damn I forgot to bid on it. Would have paid much more than it sold for.
Here is the beauty of it, offer it to the new owner, most likely an investor who wants to make many multiples more. But if you offer them $2K more for a 24 hour flip you just never know.

•••
But there are still a few days where it could be renewed by the previous owner, right?

Last edited:
•••

Yes, until 6G comes knocking..

5G still in its infancy, but I see a fad if ever

Dont get caught up.. Heck some past US 5G..
but there’re value in 3 letters, even if N and org

Last edited:
•••
I had the 2nd highest bid on this auction! It was just me vs the winner from $2500 on and I gave up once it cracked $6000. Great name, but given we’ll be on to 6G or some other tech in a decade I couldn’t justify going any higher.

•••
I had the 2nd highest bid on this auction! It was just me vs the winner from $2500 on and I gave up once it cracked $6000. Great name, but given we’ll be on to 6G or some other tech in a decade I couldn’t justify going any higher

I was watching it too...I think you were smart to bail unless you had a specific buyer in mind. 5G will be the standard for a while, but they are working on the next iteration already (don't think they will use the '#g' in its designation--but who knows).

•••
Yes, until 6G comes knocking..

5G still in its infancy, but I see a fad if ever

Dont get caught up.. Heck some past US 5G..
but there’re value in 3 letters, even if N and org
Not only a fad, but a fad that's hard for the average person to make any money out of.

It's a mobile communication technology. People won't go looking for "5g", they'll be looking for the latest phones that have 5g so I don't really see the use in these domains unless you're selling phones and that's a very crowded market.

It's a nice name cause it's short, though and highly memorable. Shame about the .org extension letting it down.

Last edited:
•••
I had the 2nd highest bid on this auction! It was just me vs the winner from $2500 on and I gave up once it cracked $6000. Great name, but given we’ll be on to 6G or some other tech in a decade I couldn’t justify going any higher.

Good decision.

•••
It letting it down not because It’s .org.

•••
•••
I was trying to say the problem not because of 5G itself but .org. :banghead: The “not” should not be there.

•••
5G.ORG closed at $6,150 on GoDaddy yesterday. The domain was previously sold for $7,500 in 2013. The domain name was under privacy at GoDaddy and parked at Sedo up until expiration. Historical Sales 7,500 USD on 2013-06-26 at Sedo 5G.org expired on GoDaddy In 2013 5G was a future standard, today all the buzz is about 5G. 5G - Wikipedia 5G is the fifth generation wireless … [Read more...]

yeah i was watching that auction
didn't sell yesterday but over a month ago btw ;)

it fetched decent price.
this is still new tech and it could still fetch profit depending if reseler got it.

•••
yeah i was watching that auction
didn't sell yesterday but over a month ago btw ;)

it fetched decent price.
this is still new tech and it could still fetch profit depending if reseler got it.

Yeah the article was written over a month ago.

•••
Back