Dynadot

Advice Please XKLEN.COM

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Want2learn

Top Member
Impact
I decided to check out some expired domains. I came across XKLEN.COM. Worse case scenario in my mind, I am out $8.88 for the one year reg fee. I thought, 5L pronounceable domain . . . maybe some upside down the road. On screenshot.com I saw a screenshot from 2005. From expireddomains.net it said domain was born back in 1999. Whois shows creation from today.

I googled XKLEN. There is a corporation called XKLEN CORP. I actually saw two XKLEN type businesses.

My thinking was along the lines of, if I saw coke.com available, Id buy the domain and ask questions later. XKLEN looks to be in oil/trucking/waste type of industry. I wonder if they are still in business because I see links to xklen.com from what I think are their pages?

Then the other xklen is xklen.com.br which quite frankly something I do not understand.

So, out of luck and threw $8.88 away?

Or stumbled upon a nice domain? What would you do?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Not pronounceable, not a potential brand, not a good domain investment. As with almost any domain, you might luck out if someone uses this name and needs the domain, but I honestly cannot see a new user ever coming up with a name like that.

•••
Thank you for your feedback.

XKLEN isn't pronounceable though?

•••
Pronounce it, then tell someone how to spell it. Check out any of the major brandable marketplaces - you will not find a name like this on any of them.

•••
Pronounce it, then tell someone how to spell it. Check out any of the major brandable marketplaces - you will not find a name like this on any of them.

Are you saying then that just because a domain is "pronounceable" like XKLEN, doesn't mean it is considered a pronounceable domain?

When I say XKLEN I say

X KLEN

I suppose it could be spelled ex klen or ex klin.

I am new around here and new to domaining, so I do appreciate the feedback and dialogue. I suppose I just don't get what isn't pronounceable or brandable about XKLEN? Having said that, if $$ is the bottom line, I recognize I have to have a few bounces go my way to find someone to buy it!

Thanks again for feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Here is what I would do....
Contact anyone with a similar name or website and flip it for a quick 1k.

That said, you found it expired because a company let it expire.
http://www.oilandgaspages.com/details.php?i=26920&p=3&a=XKLEN-CORP

Check if they are still in business because it could have been an accidental drop, again don't get yourself in trouble and don't be greedy, ask for 1-2k to give it back.

Chances are it was a deliberate drop and in that case I can say I do see what you see. XKlen is definitely marketable. Especially because it has already been use by a business, therefore we know it has some marketability.

Put in on GoDaddy auction start bids a 50 bucks and see what happens. Leave it there for the full 80 days or so, don't be rushed you have paid the year registration anyways. Run it on sedo and namepros and utilize your year. Worst, you already know, you lost 8 bucks. Best.... you make yourself some money.

Good Luck

PS. I'll three times your investment and start you off at $25usd
See you have already made money. - PM me if you want to sell.

•••
On that link they have a link to xklen.com I have it parked with tough domains and is for sale. I have already reached out via email!! Awaiting reply! Other than what you already said, any other thoughts?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back