IT.COM

Advice on how to actively market/sell domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Manor Domains

Established Member
Impact
I have only been in the domain business for about six months, but I am responsible for managing someone else's domain portfolio. So far, passively waiting for offers on Dan.com has not led to many sales.

What are the most effective ways to actively market and sell domains?

Side question: How important is having a buy now price vs just setting a minimum offer price?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have only been in the domain business for about six months, but I am responsible for managing someone else's domain portfolio. So far, passively waiting for offers on Dan.com has not led to many sales.

What are the most effective ways to actively market and sell domains?

Side question: How important is having a buy now price vs just setting a minimum offer price?
It really depends on the quality of the portfolio. If you want you can share it with me and I can give you my thoughts.

Thanks.

•••
List on all the leading markets and also track the domains wanted section at NP frequently.

Non premium domains should better be listed with a reasonable Buy Now price.

Premium domains that can be sold at a high value should better be listed with a Min offer and a Reserved price of what you expect to sell it for. Thus you will get to know how much the other investors value that domain and probably get a high amount.

•••
List fixed price on Afternic and SEDO, they have distribution network, which will help bring more transactions.

•••
Back