Dynadot

AdSense for Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
From my inbox:

Many publishers have approached us looking for a way to monetize their domains, and today, we're excited to announce the expansion of AdSense for domains. This product allows publishers to earn revenue through ads placed on undeveloped domains.

With AdSense for domains, users can find relevant information rather than see empty pages or "page not found" errors. Today we present ads, links, and search results on the pages, and may add other useful information in the future. To ensure positive user experience and the quality of our network, these sites are monitored for policy compliance and prohibited from using text and images designed to confuse users.

Advertisers also have additional opportunities to find their customers, and ads on these pages convert well. In addition, we regularly receive requests from advertisers who have found domains to be an effective way to reach their users.

The product will be initially rolled out in phases to English-language AdSense publishers located in North America, and we'll expand to additional regions and languages in the future. To check whether AdSense for domains has been enabled for your account, log in and visit your AdSense Setup tab. For more information, please visit our Help Center.

Here's the link to the official announcement:

http://adsense.blogspot.com/

Well? Is this a gamechanger or not?

I don't show it in my own account as yet.

Can't help but wonder what this means to the parking companies with Google feeds, like SEDO, Fabulous, and all the others. Whoosh! This one caught me by surprise.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I hope your not refering to me as a cybersquater??
heck I can't even spell it :p

all the domains I parked there, are the ones google de-indexed
anyway - because of a video script (which I still can't compute)
it was apparently "Google and SEO friendly" uh-huh!

So they can have them back - and pay me in the process...
"development is the key"...blah blah blah - to an unsuspecting non-coding
don't know if it's right, take your word for it kinda gal...it took 4 months to develop these sites and 2 weeks for the big G to de-index them all!

at least if it's a slow and painful death, I'll be able to afford my funeral :xf.love:

•••
firefly said:
I'd actually would like to hear from the "middle men", like Mike from Fabulous and Ed from Namedrive to see what impact if any that this brought about to their services? I'd like to hear what, if any, contingency plans that they may have in case their relationships head south with Google?

I'd also like to hear where THEY think this is all heading?

As far as Google goes I'm like most here and think it's just their way of putting the boot into domaining. JMHO.

My experience with companies facing this type of situation is that they do not make any kind of statement whiich can be detrimental to business. It only makes the ship sink faster. It is better for them to stay quiet and take what they can get.

•••
any information when it will available for indonesian

•••
Any updates on rev from this service?

Is it hitting for anyone?

•••
~ Cyberian ~ said:
Any updates on rev from this service?

Is it hitting for anyone?

Not as hard as I'd like it to hit me....

My traffic has slowed considerably,
however the clicks are still happening.

It's been around 2 months for most of the
domains I have there, and the rev per click
has not dropped.

I am still pleased with my results :)
These are mostly .ca's - one .biz and one .info

•••
mis_chiff said:
Not as hard as I'd like it to hit me....

My traffic has slowed considerably,
however the clicks are still happening.

has not dropped.

I am still pleased with my results :)
These are mostly .ca's - one .biz and one .info
Performing better than where they were parked?

•••
~ Cyberian ~ said:
Performing better than where they were parked?

Yes, I was getting very low traffic more often than not,
and the rev on the clicks was much lower, and fewer.

After the initial set-up, Google does the work!
For a not so swift in the optimization department dummy
like me, it can't get any easier :cy:

•••
l2ride55 said:
How do you know the Revenue Per Click? I'm under the belief that nowhere does it show how many clicks you had, or have accrued. You would have to know how many clicks to figure your RPC. Hmmmm. Am I missing something here?

- Total page impressions
- Landing page impressions
- Results page impressions
- Page eCPM
- Earnings

L2

I don't have access to per click amounts, but you
know that!
has not dropped.
should have read:
domains I have there, and the rev per domain
has not dropped.

To sum it up:
On average (Google's words, not mine)
my
- Total page impressions
- Landing page impressions
- Results page impressions
have lowered,

but my
- Page eCPM
- Earnings
Have not.

In advanced reports you can break it down to a "per domain" summary
showing whatever money that particular domain made that day :tu:

•••
l2ride55 said:
When I saw that you stated the "click" revenue (RPC), I thought maybe Doogle had changed something....

L2

I don't know why they don't show that stat - they should!

•••
l2ride55 said:
There's a couple Parking Companies that don't show the RPC....

'Prolly cause' they don't want to show it lol

L2

It must be some hidden math formula!
I suck at math :lol:

•••
Companies don't show their RPC (Revenue per click) because they do more than just standard PPC. Therefore, not everything that earns revenue can be given a PAY PER CLICK value. Not everything is considered a click.

Google for instance, does PPC (Pay Per Click ads that all of us have), CPA (Cost Per Action) - in other words visitor buys a shoe, get 20% commission from the sale, and CPM (Cost per one thousand impressions).

So they cannot put a CLICK price on a commission product or an impression.

Some Domain Parking companies use CPA, such as Domain Sponsor, and they credit you that revenue under RPC, as if it were a click on the PPC feed. Then everyone on the forums goes "WHOA! DS just paid me $50 for 1 click!!!" ... well not quite. You got $50 for someone signing up for an affiliate program. If they were to send it to a direct PPC feed, perhaps that could've been 30 clicks at $1 each.

So what do you prefer. Someone that cannot give you a RPC because it is not quite possible to effectively calculate it, and giving you a fake RPC would be get Google into hot law suits, or do you prefer someone that can say "Hey, we cannot give you an RPC because technically this is not possible, but we will still show you everything else that we can".

I'd go with the second option.

Last edited:
•••
I know companies on Google feeds show RPC. They receive a direct PPC feed from Google that is only PPC. Nobody really knows what the Google Adsense for Domains program uses. Knowing Google, probably a mix of PPC and a tad of CPA/CPM. If not, they may have plans to add it in, in the future.

The companies that get a Google feed, get only the PPC feed, without CPA or CPM attached.

These companies may report whatever they like. Google is not held accountable for what the companies report to the client.

But Google giving you RPC figures when they are not monetizing your domains exclusively via PPC could be a way to get themselves in trouble. Obviously something may be holding them back from giving you RPC numbers. Either way, if they do or do not use anything other than PPC, I do want to say that perhaps some other parking companies for instance, do not give you RPC figures for this exact reason.

Any company can come up with an RPC number at the end of the day. It's just a statistical measurement. It is the revenue that counts obviously. But making up an RPC figure based on the revenue is not transparency. That is just lying. For example, if you earn $50. I can say you had 1 click for $50, 2 clicks for $25 each, 5 clicks at $10 each, etc.....are you understanding? This is what some of the companies are doing. Anyway, that is my opinion, just thought I'd share it since I seen the last few posts and that is at least why I do it for Bodis. :)

Last edited:
•••
I don't fully agree with you. I just think you are missing my two main points. My first point is that it doesn't matter what feed they have, Google or not Google. RPC is EXCLUSIVE to PPC. I am hoping you understand this part. PPC are the text-link ads you see on the search pages of your parked domain names.

For impression advertising, there is no such thing as RPC, it is called CPM.

Etc etc.

So, NameDrive or such may ONLY use the text-link ads (PPC) to monetize your domains. Other parking companies, may use a combination of PPC + CPA + CPM + ZeroClick (which is essentially CPM), etc. Therefore, instead of showing you each of those values and getting domainers confused - it is much easier to just show you only your overall revenue.

My second point, is that RPC is not required to tune your domain name. Rather, RPM is something that Bodis uses. Since we can count every visitor, and we know your revenue, that is all we need to derive an RPM. But we cannot derive an RPC if we send a visitor directly to a CPA affiliate program - because we do not get paid for the "click", rather we get paid for a conversion.

I believe this is why SOME companies may be not showing you RPC. Others show it because they either a) Use only PPC as a means of revenue, such as Namedrive (from what I know), or b) They are really lying to you about your RPC data - such as DomainSponsor.

Ultimately, as I mentioned at the end of my last post. If you make $50, and I give you $25 RPC or $1 RPC, it doesn't matter, because your revenue is still the same. It is just a matter of the technical difficulty involved for a parking company to show you the revenue for each type of revenue model (PPC, CPA, etc) - and yes it can get difficult. And two, it will just confuse domainers on what each of these are. And believe it or not, a lot of people do not know this.

Last edited:
•••
Well its been a few months and I still haven't been able to bring myself to put a domain into AFD. I don't believe google has an evil plan to stomp on parking companies and us little domainers. Thats just going to happen as a side effect... I'm pretty sure their plan is to capture the traffic from premium generics to increase their ad market share.

Anyhow I'm still thinking of giving it a trial run, but I have very few good english language non adult domains that get typeins. None that get enough to adequately judge the service. What I'm wondering here is whether google will take non-english domains into the program? I know they've only opened up the program to US accounts. Has anyone put spanish or german traffic names into AFD? (.de, .com.mx)

•••
blaknite said:
Well its been a few months and I still haven't been able to bring myself to put a domain into AFD. I don't believe google has an evil plan to stomp on parking companies and us little domainers. Thats just going to happen as a side effect... I'm pretty sure their plan is to capture the traffic from premium generics to increase their ad market share.

Anyhow I'm still thinking of giving it a trial run, but I have very few good english language non adult domains that get typeins. None that get enough to adequately judge the service. What I'm wondering here is whether google will take non-english domains into the program? I know they've only opened up the program to US accounts. Has anyone put spanish or german traffic names into AFD? (.de, .com.mx)
Good question!!!
I'd (we'd all) like to hear from others about the results so far as well.
Thanks to mis_chiff for sharing. :tu:

•••
All I know is that I tried a few .com domains when it was first offered in December, and the results were very poor. I haven't tried it since.

For the few domains I tried in December, my total results were:

Total Page Impressions 617
Landing Page Impressions 516
Results Page Impressions 101

Total Revenue: 36 cents

Last edited:
•••
Well... First day with my first domain parked at Google.

And I'm reaaally impressed.

I had a domain with around 10.000 uv/month... and I was doing around $8/month in Sedo.

Yesterday night, I parked that site at Google and it was accepted today... so I only got half the traffic for today.

I'd made around 200 uv so far (less than a day) and I already got $1!

I'll let it there one week and I'll be moving more domains.

•••
I see "AdSense for Domains" is open for all countries now.

•••
I had a domain with around 10.000 uv/month... and I was doing around $8/month in Sedo.

With 10K uniques per month, you should just park it for a week at Fab, Parked, Adsense and Bodis to see the totals. I'm betting one of them will pay you much more than $8 per month. I would also guess that a decent mini-site with adsense ads would pay the most. Congrats on having such a good domain.

•••
I've tried Sedo and NameDrive with very similar results... Sedo just a bit better. I've test it for a month in both companies and then I put it back to sedo.

This is the first day in AFD so I'll post my results in one month.

I want to give Parked a try but for some reason they don't accept me... I've been told they are better with spanish domains and I've many good one-word keywords... unfortunelly in venezuelan ccTLD. Perhaps that's the reason.

In the other hand, this domain is in fact the "COM" version of a GOV domain: It is the electoral council of my country so that's the reason of the many uniques... but thanks anyway!!! :)

•••
adsense for domain payment??

•••
EG.domains said:
I see "AdSense for Domains" is open for all countries now.
Yep seems like they opened it up, at least here in the UK as I now have the adsense for domains in my account.

•••
doggyowner said:
Yep seems like they opened it up, at least here in the UK as I now have the adsense for domains in my account.
Just noticed this morning that it's now available in my Adsense account too and I'm in the Czech Republic. Think I'll choose a few domains to give it a trial run...!

•••
prague7 said:
Just noticed this morning that it's now available in my Adsense account too and I'm in the Czech Republic. Think I'll choose a few domains to give it a trial run...!
I waiting when this will be available for Poland. Czech is near to Poland so i hope this can be in any time ;)

•••
I just read on another thread that google alters the code on your domains to no index/no follow and also disallows indexing in the robots file. So if you decide to leave AFD, will google ever index your domain in the future ? Any info would be appreciated.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back