Dynadot

AdSense clicks, but no earnings?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Are any of you experiencing, or have experienced, Adsense clicks but no earnings?

I checked my stats today, and for the first time, there are clicks - but no earnings.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This has happened to me before I THINK, but im not 100% sure. are you getting paid for your CPM earnings?

•••
I'm only displaying text ads, so there are no CPM or image ads.

•••
any chance they might be public service announcements?

•••
Not likely, that they're PSA.

I think G's algorithm or something must be thinking the clicks are invalid, therefore not paying me.

•••
Usually clicks with zero earnings are blatantly invalid. When google just suspects cf they wait and subtract the amount earned later, but when it's obvious they don't even bother crediting the adsense account.

I have seen delays of around 3 hours before clicks show earnings as well so just hang tight, I wouldn't check adense but once a week anyways to get a good idea what color of ad, placement, etc is working better for you.

•••
Sometimes, the stats update after sometime. You may see the earnings in few hours.

Or, these clicks may indicate invalid clicks.

•••
They might be invalid clicks, or double clicked by any one user, or some time CPM ads shows and it never pays for any penny even.
and by the way CPM ads showing or not showing is not in your hand, it is not selective option. So any time google can show CPM ads to your site.

always Best of luck about adsesen to everybody :)

•••
Yes it also happen to me also before, when i got clicks but no earnings i thought this would be the problem because i got only clicks no impression at that time . i think both impression and clicks are result in earnings so might be that probelmm..

•••
I noticed it!

I noticed it too!
I use google analytics and statcounter to see what happends on my site.
in statcounter I can see my exit links,
So I can see at what date/time a google ad is clicked!
it shows up as: http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/ads?client=ca-pub-0.. bunch of variables ending with my site url.
here you see by date this week:
S= statcounter hit, A=adsense income
09/06 S
15/06 SA
15/06 SA
21/06 S

so you can see: 2 times people click on my ads but don't get registered in adsense, and it was only one click (not by mee) so that should result in a revenue no? also there are no non-profit ads on my site so that cannot be the case

there are also some clicks on http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/blankMessage.html
wich I didn't include above but I would like to know what they mean?

•••
It happens sometimes here and there. there are plenty of reasons which might be cause it. Those welfare ads, invalid clicks etc.

•••
It never happened to me. Some time the rate of ppc may be very low. I think there might be invalid clicks.

•••
You are earning money for all your clicks. The clicks may be really low $ because of other countries currencies which makes the clicks worth less then 1 cent.

•••
The possibility is that there must be some public service ads served on your sites, or the clicks were invalid, or maybe the cost per click was tooo low.

•••
This happens to me all the time. More the clicks i get less the revenue

•••
Not likely, that they're PSA.

I think G's algorithm or something must be thinking the clicks are invalid, therefore not paying me.

You're right, if they were not PSA's then there is a chance that google is considering those clicks invalid and not giving you your money. But why would your adsense account still be open if these clicks were invalid???????

•••
Source of clicks

See if you can track the source of the clicks. Statcounter really is good for that with the visitor path results.

•••
I think if one Ip click two times they won't count it ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back