Watch

LifeRacer

Established Member
Impact
Is adding the word "your" before a domain name like yourmeatshop.com or
yoursupplyshop.com
worthy?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My first every sale was "Your Yoga Coach" in the ol' .com, which sold at $349 via GD Premium Listings a few years back. I had hand-registered it. Possible outlier.

•••
Using "your" as a prefix does have some decent results if the other keyword is good enough, but they seem to go for low $xxx wholesale and low $x,xxx retail:

https://namebio.com/?s=QM5cDO0czM

I don't think the examples you gave would be valuable though, the first one you said I wouldn't even hand register it, and the second one I might if I had a coupon code but I would try to dump it before renewals came up. If you're looking for a prefix like that to mine, "my" is much more popular:

https://namebio.com/?s=wN5cDO0czM

•••
Is adding the word "your" before a domain name like yourmeatshop.com or
yoursupplyshop.com
worthy?
If you can get supplyshop.com, it's much better than yoursupplyshop.com obviously. I would personally not use 'your' in a domain name. It's better just to include your name like MikesSupplyShop.com. It's more memorable.

•••
Thanks a lot for your feedback, appreciate it a lot.

•••
Based on 5 million domain set, there is:
2,358 names with "your", of which 153 names with "-" (like "your-shop.com")
and...
18,201 names with "my", of which 781 names with "-"
so @Michael is right, "my" is more popular.

•••
Your can work great with short very valuable keywords like car, money, cash, home, news, name, future etc.

Definitely don't do it with 2 keywords to form your+kw+kw.com

•••
Thanks for all your inputs, i happened to see a domain yourcakeshop.com available and hence raised this question but by the time i came to know all about it, it was taken :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back