Dynadot

discuss Addiction to Drop Catch Domain ~ Who All Are Sailing in this Boat!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Together4Forever

Top Member
Impact
Hey,

I started Drop Catching Domains about 2 Months ago, since than i have Pre-Registered over 120 Domains & still continuing. Its a Crazy Addiction cant stop + Just had my first Dropcatch Sale of $2000, picked up for $18. So now, There is no stopping the addiction. LoL.

Who all are Sailing in this Boat?

What the highest price you have sold a Caught -- Dropped Domain.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
One of my first backorders ($18) was a one word .org which I pushed to auction after 2 months, bids reached $1,500 so I was happy with that.

These days I see a lot more competition in drop catching but the quality of names dropping are still good.

•••
One of my first backorders ($18) was a one word .org which I pushed to auction after 2 months, bids reached $1,500 so I was happy with that.

These days I see a lot more competition in drop catching but the quality of names dropping are still good.

I have caught over 120 domains, all averaging at $20, excluding a Rare one REALTONE.com which i acquired at a $1000 - I loved it to much, probably would have paid uptill $5000 for it.

Recently sold one for $2000.

I go through about 50000-100k names every week to find 10 odd to try to dropcatch. But its a wierd addiction

•••
Yes, it can take up a lot of mental energy scrolling through lists and pick out the good ones but if the sales come it seems worth it !

Renewal fees are a deterrent for some and I guess the more experienced will have the most success.

Last edited:
•••
how did you buy/sell at dropcatch?
what is the process?

•••
how did you buy/sell at dropcatch?
what is the process?
For someone who has a Signature of his own Dropcatch link i dont think it needs to be explained. You buy there & sell elsewhere.

•••
•••
I understand you sold a domain at dropcatch that you fetched there

That applies to the fact of buying selling a DropCatch name elsewhere. It's kind of obvious, as DropCatch only facilitates buying

•••
Better to be addicted to drop catching than crack :)

•••
I catch a few hundreds domains each month, for years.
Not so bad results ;)

•••
I catch a few hundreds domains each month, for years.
Not so bad results ;)
Few hundreds each month waoo! Thats quite a many

•••
Few hundreds each month waoo! Thats quite a many
sure. but when you lnow what to do with them it's not a problem...
I also snap for customers for about 2 years due to special conditions i have with snapnames.
Now about 30% domains are snaped for me and 70% for my customers.

•••
sure. but when you lnow what to do with them it's not a problem...
I also snap for customers for about 2 years due to special conditions i have with snapnames.
Now about 30% domains are snaped for me and 70% for my customers.

Wao that's interesting. Would love to have some guidance on what you do with them, I can understand he SnapNames if you buying in bulk they might be giving you a good price + some exclusivity. However I don't get how you snap 70% of your names for customers.

•••
i have customers who request me to backorder for them.
i sold thousands of seo domains up to now so now some customers come to me for backorders.

i cannot teach you what to buy and what to do. you hae to check what others do, try and learn by doing, that's the only way.

•••
•••
dropcatch propaganda)
I dont backorder with DC for my customers.
But sometimes I order for me with DC and SN/NJ, from one day to another resuts are very different, sometimes SN takes more than 80% of domains, sometimes they take less than 30%.

•••
•••
Hello
I use Dropcatch occasionally too but I always pay the $59 back order price (dot com). I cannot see where you would get the drop for $18/$20

•••
Hello
I use Dropcatch occasionally too but I always pay the $59 back order price (dot com). I cannot see where you would get the drop for $18/$20

Dear Muddy, I believe sometimes you need to also follow there blog, This has been for a long time now.

Once you login to your account .Go to My Account, Within My Account go To Discount Club, And than Press Add Discount Club Backorders. Here you can Backorder from $15 no limit on number of domains maybe 1 or 100.

The Tricky part is if that same domain has a backorder also of $59, you loose and the $59 bid wins. I have got 150 domains through Dropcatch by this at an average of under 20$ excluding domains i paid premium over the auction.

•••
The Tricky part is if that same domain has a backorder also of $59, you loose and the $59 bid wins. I have got 150 domains through Dropcatch by this at an average of under 20$ excluding domains i paid premium over the auction.

"Tricky part" #2 is that Huge domains will win/take the domain if it's decent, as a "partner" of Discount Club.

•••
"Tricky part" #2 is that Huge domains will win/take the domain if it's decent, as a "partner" of Discount Club.
That's obvious bro, I have had 30 domains been taken by HugeDomains, 20 went to auction and 10 went for premium/full bids, 40 missed. 150 Got. So of 250 i bid for i still got 150 domains which is not bad stats

•••
Had you not used Discount Club , maybe the ones acquired by HudeD0mains would yield a higher profit.

•••
Catching gives you (at least it used to in my case) more high than Marijuana!

At some point, you have to think wider and broaden the scope with better utilization of your catching skills and resources once you get the hang of it.

•••
I started using dropcatch only recently. I bid on 10-20 domais per day, on average 90% of the domains that dropcatch gets and that I really like goes to hugedomains, and are for sale at somethign between 2K - 3K a couple of days later. That really pisses me off, since they use also the data from our dropcatch bids to choose the domains they hold as "partners".
By the way, where do you auction your names? Here on namepros or on the big domain auction sites like godaddy, sedo, afternic?

•••
@Rideltd Dont use dropcatch for that kind of domain, many customers have the same problem...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back