NameSilo

Acquired dSea.com -1991 domain

Labeled as news in Domain Buying and Domain Purchases, started by AK85, Jul 21, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. AK85

AK85 covd.com VIP Gold Account

I would like to share with NP community an acquisition that I have been working on for months now.

I like aged domains that have a LLLL or LLL dot com pattern. They are rare, and still, relatively cheap, I guess.

To me when I first saw dSea in king my mind red it 'deep sea' or 'digital sea', and from first day I hired a broker to get it but unfortunately failed to get a connection with him. I then found it with a minimum offer of $1,300 which I happily made the offer, but came back with the BIN of $2,000 and after thinking alot about it, I decided to finally pull the trigger & acquire it last night. It was the best $2,000 I have ever invested simply cause I feel happy about it. Usually there are some regrets after you acquire a name & pay the BIN listed price, but I don't feel that here, and that is worth sharing :)

I am still in a journey to acquire my first 80s 4L or 3L name, something to pass to my son.

I wish you all great investments,
    Amr

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. aamyra

aamyra Upgraded Member Gold Account

Great acquisition, congrats.

3. AK85

Thank you my friend! :)

4. DuDD

DuDD Established Member

congratulations
    happy for you

5. AK85

Thanks! I really appreciate it! 👍

6. Magul

Magul White Bread is Head VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I do not see value in this one.

7. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

well.. u know the drill..it was worth this to u as buyer
    ...now u wait see what it will be worth to yer buyer.. aside.from happy...roi is still name of this game..so it's all about that ;)

unless of course we are more like some kind domain collector..buying by year etc.. to pass to kids etc...yer call

gl

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  8. olcayto

olcayto NameFree.net

I do not see value at this comment.

This is what it is, good luck with the next round !

9. AK85

Thanks for the feedback gentlemen.

10. forge

forge wow factor VIP

Nice acquisition IMO. Fair price for the connoisseur. I would think a 4L of that age has to be rare.

11. AK85

it is rare, and that is the only reason i am acquiring such domains. To me, aged domain that have not dropped is something that catch my eyes. if you would check expireddomains.net the oldest 2 domains on sale on the market are currently mine hewm.com & dsea.com, and i am planning to expand the list to include a 3L from 80's & another 4L also from the 80's. some people would think it's worthless, but to me, i know it will be worth alot in 10-15 years, some things are just wroth holding that much.

Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 8.50.28 PM.png

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice