Domain Empire

Accidentally clicked "SOLD" on Sedo

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello guys,

Got an offer on one of my domains on Sedo, but I accidentally clicked on the "SOLD" button.. How do I cancel the recent action?

Really need your help guys, I would really love to atleast put the domain in auction since offer is very low.

Thanks..

P.S. just looked at it Sedo charges a $50 commission on even non auctioned domains?! what the hell?! i dont think that is acceptable on the the current offer.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think once you click "sold" you are bound my Sedo terms of service to sell domain.

•••
Email them and told them what happened.

•••
unfortunate mistake on your part but it should actually go in as a sold domain. you can prolly email and explain and they may tell you indeed its a binding transaction and could suspend your account if you don't follow through.

BTW - that is a well known caveat with their fees (the $50 minimum).

Good luck

•••

Accident or not, the honorable thing to do is sell.

Your good reputation is more important than a few bucks.

•••
•••
I agree with previous post. Take a loss but save your reputation.

•••
You should have wrote them immediately. Just look at it as going to an auction but nobody else bid on it.

•••
•••
well i know but i do love the domain to let it go at such a cheap price i emailed them immediately after clicking it on all of their emails even the broker. but i guess ill get response after the week ends. :(

thanks for the input guys, i really really dont want to sell it at the said price its too much. :(

You should have wrote them immediately. Just look at it as going to an auction but nobody else bid on it.

im quite confident it could get more bids, the name is not more than a year old on my hand.

•••
Put fixed prices on your domains at prices at which you would be willing to sell. That way you don't waste time with lowball offers.

•••
Dotker, in this industry more than most our business reputation is of paramount importance, it is how we judge one another as few of us rarely meet. The advice given above is not only well intentioned it is also the correct advice and advice you should follow.

Honour the deal, bite your tongue, and learn from your mistake (we have all made mistakes). I sincerely hope you decide to take the advice given, you will gain much credability within the community for doing so.

•••
How long did you wait until you contacted Sedo.
If you did it immediately I would be on your side.
If you waited days then i think your out of luck.
Most people in your situation choose not to sell.
I never saw anyone's rep hurt by sedo.
Saying this because I've always sold domains and never canceled.
But I've had countless cancel on me and I can't even recall their names although I could look them up.

•••
well i know but i do love the domain to let it go at such a cheap price i emailed them immediately after clicking it on all of their emails even the broker. but i guess ill get response after the week ends. :( [UNQUOTE]

IF you get a response at all.
Sedo isn't well known for their prompt responses.

•••
I did the same thing about 6 or so months ago. I got a $75 offer or something like that on weightlosssystem.net at Sedo and stupidly clicked the wrong button. I thought of trying to undo it, but as others have said, that would be unprofessional. So I let it go, Sedo got their $50, and I got my $22 after paypal fees.

I checked out the buyer afterwards, and he is a well know domain figure. Now, he may not remember me, and we may never meet or want to do something together in the future. But if we do...

Money is replaceable, assuming you are at competent at domaining. If you can't cover the occasional loss, what are you doing then? Your reputation is not so replaceable.

If you refuse to honorably accept a loss every now and then due to your own mistake, then maybe you're in the wrong business.

Not trying to give you a hard time, just trying to save you from one.:gl:

•••
Correct me if I'm wrong, but after clicking 'Sell domain' you have to confirm the agreement and commission schedule.
So it's not one but two clicks.

•••
Correct me if I'm wrong, but after clicking 'Sell domain' you have to confirm the agreement and commission schedule.

That's correct. I'm thinking this is more like a case of seller's remorse. Either way, I know how you feel but at this point, selling the domain at the agreed upon price seems like the only honorable thing to do. IMO.

•••

True. Maybe the OP thought he clicked auction or another option and then confirmed?

Everyone is saying to do the right thing and sell. I agree but I wonder if folks would change their view if it was a LLL and "sold" was clicked at $60 by mistake? ;)

•••
Just tell them that you made a mistake and accidentally accepted the deal but YOU WILL honour it, there is every chance that they are having buyers remorse and you can play on this but if they do hold you to it then cough up, and bite the bullet.

If you walk away and leave them hanging they will make sure never to do business with you again and probably leave bad feedback which can be disastrous.

When you do get in touch with them telling them you have made a mistake they will at least remember you for this, which is the whole point...to make yourself stand out from the crowd and be remembered, that is worth far more than a few dollars.

If you make any deal then ALWAYS honour it, at the end of the day it is one of the only assets you have.

•••
The number of people not going through with Sedo deals now is quite high so you should honour your contract even though it was a mistake to try and buck the trend.

I think Sedo should automatically deduct the money owed to a seller when the domain is sold. Surely that would benefit Sedo aswell as the sellers...they get their commission, we get our dough! why does this not happen?

•••
thanks for the input guys, guess your right ill just have to close my eyes on this one now..

really really sux though, big time specially when im really needing some moolah n i thought that was the answer..

how to move on? lol oh the grief.

still waiting for their answer. i think im going to give them a call? will that help?

•••
True. Maybe the OP thought he clicked auction or another option and then confirmed?

Everyone is saying to do the right thing and sell. I agree but I wonder if folks would change their view if it was a LLL and "sold" was clicked at $60 by mistake? ;)

So far as two clicks, I was up early in the morning and going through my emails, saw $75 and though "sure I'll take it" without much further though...until I'd had a coffee. Now my rule is to never respond to offers until I've walked away from the computer and had time to think. But, yes it's possible to make a mistake that requires more than one step.

Point taken about the LLL, but I don't get the impression from the OP that it was quite that bad. It's money he could use, sure, but it's not a disaster - at least that's the impression he gives. If I were the buyer and got a $60 LLL from Sedo, I would be expecting the seller to cancel out!

Selling an LLL for $60 is an extreme example. The point here is that standing by your mistakes both protects your reputation and is essential for self-respect. I regret a business deal I did when I was younger...little compromises that added up and put me in a position I hadn't planned on. Each compromise was entirely explainable and even excusable, but once you have to explain and excuse your reputation is already shot. And in the end, trust is the most valuable thing you can offer in business.

Nobody's perfect, and you never know what even the most reliable person might do when put in a real squeeze. But at least doing the right thing where it doesn't wipe you out, but just hurts a bit, is the least anyone should do.

I've seen people with stellar reputations burn it all when faced with total financial disaster. But, for a couple hundred dollars? No way.

•••
That's correct. I'm thinking this is more like a case of seller's remorse. Either way, I know how you feel but at this point, selling the domain at the agreed upon price seems like the only honorable thing to do. IMO.

happy to say that's what i was thinking

•••

Accident or not, the honorable thing to do is sell.

Your good reputation is more important than a few bucks.

good advice

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

Put fixed prices on your domains at prices at which you would be willing to sell. That way you don't waste time with lowball offers.

true man

•••
IF you get a response at all.
Sedo isn't well known for their prompt responses.

And yet people are jumping on him to do the 'honorable' thing and 'save his reputation.'

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back