Dynadot

Above Maximizer revenue is most of earnings. Is that normal?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I turned Maximizer on roughly 3-4 years ago. Until about 18 months ago, the vast majority of the revenue came from my parking companies (Bodis, DomainSponsor, Voodoo, ParkingCrew). Then about 18 months ago maximizer started increasing. About a year ago it became over 50% and kept increasing. Around six months ago it went to 80-90% Maximizer and there it has stayed.

That seems...weird. Is Maximizer really just that much better than the other parking companies? I can't help but wonder whether Above is doing what is most profitable for Above here...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi wilfra,

Thanks for your comment. I wanted to address a few things here that may help answer some questions for you.

1. Above.com is not a parking company. We offer a service which helps domain investors maximize their earnings through various parking companies. Through our algorithm, we figure out which parking company is performing best for a particular domain and then we direct the traffic to the place that is paying you the most. When parking companies compete, you win. In addition, we offer historical stats of your traffic/earnings through the parking companies, all in one place.

2. Your experience with Maximizer is actually pretty common. It may take some time for Maximizer to kick in for your domains. Our goal is get everyone on 100% Maximizer so they can earn more and be paid for every visitor that comes to their domain.

3. Maximizer has now been renamed to: Monetization AutoPilot

4. The bottom line is we help you maximize your earnings. Either you earn through one of your parking companies or through our Maximizer.

Remember, with parking, you only get paid when someone clicks on an ad. With Above's Maximizer, you get paid on every visitor to the domain.

•••
Hi wilfra,

Thanks for your comment. I wanted to address a few things here that may help answer some questions for you.

1. Above.com is not a parking company. We offer a service which helps domain investors maximize their earnings through various parking companies. Through our algorithm, we figure out which parking company is performing best for a particular domain and then we direct the traffic to the place that is paying you the most. When parking companies compete, you win. In addition, we offer historical stats of your traffic/earnings through the parking companies, all in one place.

2. Your experience with Maximizer is actually pretty common. It may take some time for Maximizer to kick in for your domains. Our goal is get everyone on 100% Maximizer so they can earn more and be paid for every visitor that comes to their domain.

3. Maximizer has now been renamed to: Monetization AutoPilot

4. The bottom line is we help you maximize your earnings. Either you earn through one of your parking companies or through our Maximizer.

Remember, with parking, you only get paid when someone clicks on an ad. With Above's Maximizer, you get paid on every visitor to the domain.

is there some way if one decides to use maximizer (direct ads) only with above.com, then he can do so? if yes, how to set it up? as it is by default now, I think maximizer only kicks in when it thinks its best .. but if one wanted those direct ads for all visits.. like say.. bodis on direct ads account.. or parking crew on direct ads accoutn only.. thanks!

•••
that to me tells you how badly parking is these days

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back