NameSilo

advice About making a portfolio site with Ucraft

Spaceship
Watch

BusinessDirect

Established Member
Impact
Hi NP,

I've seen some domain portfolio sites that look stellar, and the idea of having one interests me. While I've yet to acquire a number of domains suitable for the effort, to be ready I had a question I need to be answered first.

Basically, I'm still so new to everything domain and website-related, I don't know if I want to sell domains directly on my site like others seem to do, I'm at least not ready for that yet.

I was thinking of simply making a simple free Ucraft site (they allow link of domains for free too) and listing my domains on it while directing them to a particular external selling platform, and maybe write an occasional article or two to generate traffic and interest.

Would this be worth it, could it potentially help bring awareness to my domains? Does it really make a difference that is worth the time and energy?

Thanks for any tips!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi NP,

I've seen some domain portfolio sites that look stellar, and the idea of having one interests me. While I've yet to acquire a number of domains suitable for the effort, to be ready I had a question I need to be answered first.

Basically, I'm still so new to everything domain and website-related, I don't know if I want to sell domains directly on my site like others seem to do, I'm at least not ready for that yet.

I was thinking of simply making a simple free Ucraft site (they allow link of domains for free too) and listing my domains on it while directing them to a particular external selling platform, and maybe write an occasional article or two to generate traffic and interest.

Would this be worth it, could it potentially help bring awareness to my domains? Does it really make a difference that is worth the time and energy?

Thanks for any tips!

Nice decision to have your own marketplace.
Wrong to think everything will be free.
If you need a marketplace that's truly yours, you should be ready to pay some reasonable amount. It's the naked truth.

While you're still at it, I can suggest you try out DNHat - a full-blown portfolio management and marketplace setup solution.
It enables you not only create stunning landing pages, but also to optionally link to 22 marketplaces (Dan, Sedo, GoDaddy, BrandBucket, BrandPa, Epik etc.)

Live demo: https://dnhat.com/demo/
Free trial: https://dnhat.com/software/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back