NamesCon2020

A Walk Into the Past...What domains you let go for nothing that you wish you had now.

Located in General Domain Discussion started by Dustie, Apr 20, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. Dustie

Dustie Upgraded Member Blue Account ★★★★★★★★★★

Once upon a time, probably 2002 or 3, before I even knew about domaining, I owned and let go of Barnworld.com and TheFirstImpression.com. I had started developing site's with them but moved onto something different. Just didn't renew the domains (that were 100.00/mo to renew) and developed the sites into something else. Definitely wish I had them now!

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. stub

stub Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

There have probably been a few which I would regret. but life is way to short to ponder on what might have been. Any domain I drop, I've probably forgotten about within an hour. I'm more focused on trying to sell the domains I have and generally improving my ratio of quality domains in my portfolio. Not always successfully.

Weren't those domains registered when NetSol was the only registrar, $79/yr?

3. Dustie

Dustie Upgraded Member Blue Account ★★★★★★★★★★

Yes, only I remember something like 99.00/yr...but may have been 79.00/yr. Easy to say don't look back...harder to do. ;)

4. AbdulBasit.com

AbdulBasit.com DomainsWeb.com AbdulBasit.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I let go several 4Ls (CHIP) which I though were crap before the Chinese CHIP craze.

5. stub

I did sell a whole lot, maybe hundreds, of 4L.com cheap here on NP before the price went crazy. I also had about 100 3L.nets which I simply dropped. My timing hasn't been the best :(

6. AbdulBasit.com

AbdulBasit.com DomainsWeb.com AbdulBasit.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

That's definitely painful.

7. stub

Yes it was. But as I said in my first post. I don't focus on what might have been. I focus more on what I can do right with my current portfolio. (hopefully leaning lessons from the past as well). Although I don't see any parallels with these past blunders, presently. Except trying to reduce my nGTLDs. Which are not excessive relative to my .com portfolio.

8. NameDeck

NameDeck Design. Develop. Deploy. VIP

The only one (.com) I really regret is probably a handle I used a lot back in the day on Usenet.

It has been listed for sale eversince I dropped it and can't really justify spending a couple of K on a novelty name to buy it back.

9. Dave

Dave Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Same.

However no point to live with regrets. Life too short. :)

10. Andrew Knox

Andrew Knox Upgraded Member Blue Account VIP

Ouch

11. xynames

xynames XYNames.com PRO VIP

“Don’t talk about what you could’ve done. Talk about what you Will do.” (TM)

12. Recons.Com

Recons.Com Top Member VIP

But this thread is about could have done.

13. donnied79

donnied79 Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I let 361.cc drop before the Chinese rush for NNN.cc....

14. tonyk2000

tonyk2000 Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

In early 200x I owned and sold a domain related to "New World Order", was a perfect term like "Minisry of Love" or something similar ("orwellian"). In 2019 this term makes much more sense... Definitely a mistake.
    :(

15. lock

lock PremiumNameDomain.com VIP

I have had regrets but don't really want to think about bad experiences. At sale at time you justify reasoning We all have names that could have held for more or ruined the enquiry with counter offer or wording. Worrying about what could or should have done with a sale is a lesson to late but unless you know the exact wording of every sale it is hard to learn from this. In many cases keywords would never repeat same sales.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice