IT.COM

A very simple question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi, just wanted to ask if I changed a domain from Sedo to another parking site and then later on back again, and all the while this domain is getting traffic and revenue...will Sedo still have to pay me for whatever revenue that I earned in those times I parked with them even though I keep adding and deleting the name from my account every few days? Or do we have to keep it there for a certain period of time?

Sometimes we have to fidget around to try to find something workable.

ThANKs

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
if the pending amount has not reached payout, it will just be accumulated in your sedo.com account, other than that if you change dns you won't get any credit on it and traffic will be recorded on the other parking site not on sedo.

this is a different story when someone started to agree on your price and there's a pending transaction on the said domain.

readings: http://www.sedo.com/about/policy.php

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for that info. Yeah Sedo told me that in order to complete a sale of a domain, I need to keep it parked there...but for parking, you answered me right there.

:gl:

•••
Why shoud you keep it there in order to complete a sale? Its the first time I hear something like that

•••
Why shoud you keep it there in order to complete a sale? Its the first time I hear something like that

Hehe, that was told me by a Sedo rep. He meant for any sales bids on any domains, the owner must keep the domain at Sedo until its sold, becos removing the name from Sedo means the owner is stopping Sedo from becoming the broker and the buyer is also no longer obligated or bound to his bid.

I suppose the bid needs to be displayed for everyone to see..

•••
then you meant that the seller needs to leave the domain listed(but not necesserily parked) in sedo (because you said parked - that's what triggered my curiosity)

•••
Yeah, on another note I think its not possible to park at Sedo without having to list the domain as "For sale".

I tried to add domain into Sedo, without "for sale" and the domain cannot be parked...it will show up in your portfolio with a red question mark.

In Namedrive you can choose whether you want it to be for sale or not...but to park in Sedo, it must be "for sale"...no choice.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

•••
I think you're wrong... i have a lot of domains parked with sedo, without them being listed for sale. The red mark next to the name means "it is not for sale and is not parked" - both. Check your name servers in your registrar's control panel, if they are correctly configured (it means: ns1.sedoparking.com and ns2.sedoparking.com) the red mark should disapear from your domain after you have had your first visit in your domain name

•••
Thanks for that info...any way that you know on how to change the status from "for sale" to "not for sale" without having to delete the domain and adding back in?

I dont want some domain that I have...for the visitors to think my domains are for sale because I dont want to sell them..

:)

•••
1. Login
2. Go to domain management
3. On the upper left quadrant of the page, you will see a drop-down menu. By default it sais :"Standard overview"
4. Click on it and change it to "Sales overview"
5. Modify the domains you want by changing the List for sale option(right side), from "YES" to "NO"

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back