Dynadot

status-monitor A Standardized Format for WTB threads

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Should There Be A Standardized Format for WTB Threads?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

• No

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
Hey Folks

Okay so after a discussion on a NP Thread about someone complaining about the quality of PM's they are getting that are not related to his WTB request. Many WTB posters have detailed instructions of what they want and often they still get some irrelevant submissions or domains that are loosely related. I admit I might have also at times submitted domains that could be a bit of a stretch, maybe still relevant but with some imagination..lol

However the fault is not always that of the person submitting, often there are WTB threads that have almost no details and leave the door wide open for interpretation. Then the poster gets annoyed with the quality of domains being submitted and the submitters get annoyed by the lack of response.

So I was wondering, would it not be a good idea to maybe include a standard format for WTB threads?

For example, let say I was looking for an aged domain in the cooking niche with high search volume.

TLD:
Com/Net/Club/Online/
Open to Alternatives or Non Negotiable:
Not Negotiable

10 years+
Open to Alternatives

Preffered Registrars:

Name/GD/NamesCheap
Open to Alternatives

Must Contain Any Of the Following Words:

Cooking/Recipes/Meals

Description / Additional Info:

Domain must have more than 5000 US searches and a minimum CPC of $1
Looking for exact match, keyword domains.
Max 3 Words.
Open to Alternatives or Non Negotiable
Not Negotiabe

Budget Per Domain:

$500
Open to Increase or Non Negotiable:
Open to consider increasing the budget for the right domain

This is just a example of what I mean but I'm sure you guys get the idea.. obviously I;m sure more stuff can be added..but the point is... would this be a good idea or waste of time trying to implement?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
a standard format for WTB threads?

A fantastic idea @deez007 !

What do you think @Eric Lyon ?

Sometimes I'm just copying and pasting domains from a certain list without taking the time to pare the list, to the exact specs of the OP. It's just plain laziness like an OP not being specific about what they want and then complaining about the names received or just not acknowledging receipt at all, which almost no one does!

Last edited:
•••
it would be nice if the more criteria you added, the higher your budget was required to be

:)

imo....

•••
it would be nice if the more criteria you added, the higher your budget was required to be

:)

imo....

Lol that makes sense :),

•••
•••
The current template is more than good enough.
Navigating to it I don't like and the link should be there as sticky on domains wanted page.
Posting in correct format should be mandatory and if the rules are not followed, thread reported.

•••
•••
link should be there as sticky on domains wanted page.
Linked added to the sticky.

We'll also try recommending that everyone use the template in a more noticeable manner before we consider requiring it, which would cause a lot more work for mods. Let's give it a couple months to see if the notice helps.

Thanks for the suggestions,

•••
The only problem that I see is the posters need to be honest in budget and not trying to be cool.

If you want a $20 a name just say so, you don't need to post budget $10,000 each when your past transactions here is under $100.

•••
Also, to save time for both parties, check the requirements before you PM the names.

Here is what I posted a while ago and received a ton of crap names. People don't read.

" Wanted LLLL.com names must contain the word LOVE. PM me your names and pricing"

•••
Also, to save time for both parties, check the requirements before you PM the names.

Here is what I posted a while ago and received a ton of crap names. People don't read.

" Wanted LLLL.com names must contain the word LOVE. PM me your names and pricing"

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

•••

that was really funny, i remember

•••
I think the requester should only be allowed to request one type of submission per thread to eliminate any ambiguiity for either party. Also the requester should be very specific about price.
Two weeks ago a guy posted a thread asking for multiple extensions and specifics that I believe totaled at least 8 requests.

When I submitted names I got a tongue lashing and got reported so I blocked him. It was as though he didn't read his own thread.

Other times people are so vague or rude or both. There should be a standard for the requester period not just the submitter.

Your asking for something why be rude or get wildly angry when people can't read your mind? Who wants to even offer names in a hostile environment? Both parties should be held to a specific standard.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back