Domain Empire

A Sedo.com question for a newbie

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm a bit confused here with sedo.com

I understand the parking. However, I've noticed in a thread here in this forum that lists recent domain sales that many people sell through sedo.com also in addition to parking the domains there.

If I park my domains at sedo.com do I have to sell them through them also?

Or, can I put them up for sale in forums and use paypal for payment?

What is the best way to sell domains quickly, lower cost domains so I can turn them around and learn more as I go?

Thanks again for any and all help!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you park at sedo you don't have to sell at sedo but you can if you wish. You can of course park at sedo sell somewhere else.

However I don't suggest listing domains with fixed price at sedo. You might get an email that says "example.com was sold. Buyer has paid to sedo. Please transfer the domain" Then you would have to explain them that you have already sold the domain elsewhere and forgot to update your sedo account.

1. Login to sedo.
2. click "my domains" on top menu. It is under "my sedo" tag.
3. There is a drop list selector that says "personal view". Change this to "update sales settings".
4. Under list for sale chose yes or no. Also if you chose to sell chose between "make offer" and "fixed price". In your case I suggest make offer.
5. Don't forget to click the red "execute" button.

•••
If you park at sedo you don't have to sell at sedo but you can if you wish. You can of course park at sedo sell somewhere else.

However I don't suggest listing domains with fixed price at sedo. You might get an email that says "example.com was sold. Buyer has paid to sedo. Please transfer the domain" Then you would have to explain them that you have already sold the domain elsewhere and forgot to update your sedo account.

1. Login to sedo.
2. click "my domains" on top menu. It is under "my sedo" tag.
3. There is a drop list selector that says "personal view". Change this to "update sales settings".
4. Under list for sale chose yes or no. Also if you chose to sell chose between "make offer" and "fixed price". In your case I suggest make offer.
5. Don't forget to click the red "execute" button.

that's pretty good advice.

as another option, you can choose make offers and enter a minimum price range to ward off lowballers.

i would always list each domain for sale, unless it's one i don't plan on selling.

then if you ever get an offer, you can reply with the amount you want.

as for selling domains quickly, you've got to have appealing domains in the first place...to sell any at all.

one can always sell "in-demand" domains quickly if they price them under market values, but you won't make much cash that way.

selling thru sedo may take longer, but over the long run, your roi may be much higher there, than selling on the forums at reseller prices.

imo...

•••
Great advice! thank you

Thank you Erdinc that is wonderful advice. I will go and change that in my sedo.com account today.

Also thank you again biggie. I did not understand the difference between sedo.com and the buyers and sellers here on the forums. That helps a lot to know that now!

•••
Does sedo.com a good way and safe way to buy domain?

•••
Does sedo.com a good way and safe way to buy domain?
Yupp..Sedo is highly reputed and a very old safe place for buying and selling domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back