Dynadot

A Rookie Mistake..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MattFlipper

Established Member
Impact
Hey All,

I am extremely new to domain flipping and make an extreme rookie mistake by going and buying two trademark domains before doing ANY research.
The domains that I purchased were (iphone7genius.com) and (imacgenius.com.)

My question is.. what do I do with these domains? Try and ditch them ASAP? Hold on to them and sell them?

Please help!

Thanks,
Matt.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Go to your registrar and delete the domains. Or, if you just recently registered them, you might ask for a refund.

•••
I think you could do something with iMacgenius. I wouldn't use them to sell Apple products. Imacgenius could be used as a help page. Make a Wordpress site. Start at the early ages of the beginning of when the iMac was first introduced. Then next model and then so-on. The main thing I would focus on is ram, which model uses what and where it is located.

I am using this as an example. My mom has an iMac. If I needed to change the ram for her, I would have to search to see if it could use DDR3 ram or where the ram is located. Do you get what what I'm saying? That could be valuable if you set it up with good SEO, put some pictures up and related stuff. I am unsure if you'd actually get a cease and desist letter due to it being just a help blog. And put an adsense and Amazon banner up. There are plenty of websites out there that say "galaxysamsunghelp" which have trademarked names, and they show up 3rd and 4th down when you search anything related to Galaxy Note 3 etc. I'm not legal counsel. But, don't sell reduced iMac clones or anything related to that.

iPhone7genius? Is it worth holding onto that for another 2 years? Because Apple refreshes their phones 6, then 6s then 7. Not worth it.

•••
For future reference most registrars offer what is known as a grace delete, you typically have 5 days where you can call your registrar and request a grace delete and they will refund your purchase. Unfortunately after 5 days you won't get your money back but you can still delete / un-register your domain.

•••
I got them both refunded with GoDaddy :)

•••
I did the same rookie mistake :)
A few days ago i bought vrimdb.com and imdbvr.com

•••
lol. my mistakes with trademarks were
TacoBellHours.com
WaffleHouseMenu.com
WeightWatchersMeetings.com

now I know better...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back