IT.COM

A question for people with high traffic parked domains.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DOMiNIC

Account Suspended
Impact
A question for people with high traffic parked domains particulaly two word ccTld´s.

I´ve recently acquired some cctlds with over 2,000 views and 800 clicks a day.

The domains have no history of previous ownership, so I don´t think the traffic is from people looking for a previous website.

My ccTlds are for a developing nation with a population of less than 25,000,000 people and low home computer/internet access.

The traffic and click through rate has been very steady and consistent for over 6 weeks.

My question is, do you think daily traffic like this is from different people everyday? Why would people return again and again to a parking page?

And if the daily traffic is from different user is it likely to see a drop in traffic after time?

Surely there is a finite and limited amount of people likely to type in the url of a small country cctld?

One theory I have is that much of my traffic is repeat visitors, because they are Parked on Name Drive, and to inexperienced internet users, unfamiliar with using search engines, (of which much of this countries user are) it is possible that they like the search bar facillity on Name Drive.

It is also possible that they want to return to sites that have a link on my parking pages and can remember my URL´s easier than the links. This could be possible as most people access the web from cyber cafes and they don´t have the opportunity to save links in their Favorites.

Any insight appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It would depend on your stats.
I think you might be confused with the stats.

You can send me a picture via PM of the stats.

•••
Congrats if you are getting that many clicks. Even if they are showing up as 3 cent clicks, you are making some decent money...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back