IT.COM

A Newbie Question?

Spaceship
Watch

franklin8309

Established Member
Impact
Is it better to sell a domain on a auction site or send potential buyers emails to do so? I have this great domain that i know can sell but are auction sites the way to go?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have my domains on SEDO, on Flippa, on GoDaddy auctions, I also list them here and in other forums, and occasionally I do send a few emails here and there to potential buyers. No one says you should limit yourself to just one way. Good luck!

•••
Most domains aren't just gonna get offers on their own. Being pro-active and sending out emails is the best way to go if you're serious about wanting to sell. At the same time, going this route usually only leads to min $XXX - low $XXXX sales (which is what the domains are worth most of the time anyways).

Your best bet is to probably park them someplace like Sedo..so if someone wants to submit an offer through there they can..But then at the same time email people as well. Maybe someone will get your email, visit the domain, and choose to purchase that way instead of responding just because they believe it's safer..

Best of luck!

•••
You have to do it all!

It's definitely not one or the other. You can do both.

Create an auction for it on an auction site, then send emails out to potential buyers letting them know about the auction.

•••
Whatever service you choose, I would personally stay clear of parking pages. You aren't going to be making much of anything parking a name, and parking pages often don't make it clear enough to a potential buyer that the domain is for sale.

•••
i have potential buyer in my list, i just know the website, after i checked the who.is website, i found the email contact protected ( like random characther), how do i contact the owner if registrant contact protected?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back