IT.COM

discuss A namePros members brandable marketplace

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

boker

Top Member
Impact
I have an idea and I want to see what others are thinking.
I'm dealing with a lot of brandables(and most of the times with brandable marketplaces, BB, SH, BP) and as for most of us, there are a lot of things that don't work for me, from commission %, to acceptance, to logos, to bad names acceptance, to unfair competition and a few others. One option will be my own marketplace(efty) or something similar, but if you have only 500, 1000, 2000 domains, it's hard to compete with the main players, because you can't afford to use payed advertisements to bring more leads to your domains, because it's not worth the fees payed, only if you have thousands-tens of thousands of domains, to divide the cost. So, I was thinking, why we( namepros members) can't unite to form some kind of union, to use the same marketplace (ours) so that we don't need to pay 30-35% commissions to others. We can use the help of some, like dan.com @Reza @LaszloSchenk or epik @Rob Monster, or even both, to help us with fast escrow and the basic infrastructure , so that what will be payed will be only the escrow/infrastructure commission, 9%( 5% sounds even better)and the rest to use them for adwords or facebook ads, so that the total will not go over 10%. Of course, there are a lot of smaller things to sort out, but I think it can be done. What do you think guys?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Would it not be easier for DAN or Epik to build a brandable segregated section of their marketplace, perhaps with some sort of NamePros brandable experts doing the approval for inclusion. Their rent and lease options already work well and DAN support logos.
Bob
Would it not be easier for DAN or Epik to build a brandable segregated section of their marketplace
Exactly I was thinking that .

•••
I have an idea and I want to see what others are thinking.
I'm dealing with a lot of brandables(and most of the times with brandable marketplaces, BB, SH, BP) and as for most of us, there are a lot of things that don't work for me, from commission %, to acceptance, to logos, to bad names acceptance, to unfair competition and a few others. One option will be my own marketplace(efty) or something similar, but if you have only 500, 1000, 2000 domains, it's hard to compete with the main players, because you can't afford to use payed advertisements to bring more leads to your domains, because it's not worth the fees payed, only if you have thousands-tens of thousands of domains, to divide the cost. So, I was thinking, why we( namepros members) can't unite to form some kind of union, to use the same marketplace (ours) so that we don't need to pay 30-35% commissions to others.

Can be done, but the technical aspect can be very time-consuming.
2 years developing DNHat ( https://www.namepros.com/threads/manage-monetize-sell-your-domains.1113102/#post-7008512 )
... and still counting.

Whatever the case, if the idea takes shape, you can count me in. Ready to offer consultation and other technical
assistance.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back