IT.COM

A great .net or a not so great .com?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I'm mostly speaking of two word domains. So for example, Camerastore.com is not available but storecameras or camerasstore.com is available, but Camerastore.net IS available, is the .net a better value do you think?

Thanks in advance :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
for me CameraStore.net is better if i'm developing or re-selling.
Wouldnt go for the options u mentioned in .com even if i was reselling, but thats just imo.

•••
There are some people who refuse to register anything but .com, but not I, i'll take the great .net over a crappy .com every day. Especially if you're going to develop the site, I see people put tons of work into developing these great sites with stupid domain names when there are excellent .net alternatives available.

•••
treebytheriver said:
I'm mostly speaking of two word domains. So for example, Camerastore.com is not available but storecameras or camerasstore.com is available, but Camerastore.net IS available, is the .net a better value do you think?

Thanks in advance :)

Camera Store.net is much better.

Cameras Store would be a bad branding experiment that would leave the .com owner very happy.

•••
camerastore.net is much better. its not very brandable. It ca be a resell place though.
camera store sounds very general

•••
Go to CamareStore.net, if you looking to develop site then .com and .net got no different in terms of SEO.

•••
And who says .net isn't liked?

•••
i agree with them, CameraStore.net is better. It's more brandable. "camera store" produces 10x more result in google than "cameras store".

:gn:

•••
I agree. Go with CameraStore.net

•••
great .net is always perferred to a rubbish .com

•••
The keyphrases in the .net will help you in your SEO endeavors. You'll leak some traffic to the .com, but I'd still go with the .net.

•••
.com is always good but it should also make sense. Camerasstore doesn't sound very good because of double "s" and you could lose some traffic because of possible typos. I'd suggest Camerastore.net in this case.

•••
thanks everyone your advice is very much appreciated!

reps to all :)

•••
go for .net if you can have your keywords there completed and if available.

•••
HI

Camerastore.net looks and sounds much better...

Thx
Tom

•••
dot net? ....what about dot mobi? lol , get the dot tv -the new 'king'

•••
@recluse99, love your name btw, I hope .tv is the next king as I've made several impulse buys w/.tv recently! I like to think that I am helping a sinking island as well :). No more bad .com names for me....although "poolandpatiostuff.com" which I think is awful just sold today at namejet for $370!

•••
HI

.Mobi and .Tv a fades..... I have not seen much of them in the real world only in the domain forums...

If a .com will work on a mobile phone why would you have a .mobi.....

And unless you have $$$$ to make you .tv known... why bother...

Thanks
Tom

recluse99 said:
dot net? ....what about dot mobi? lol , get the dot tv -the new 'king'

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back