domain A few Arabic Domains for Appraisal

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Arabic Geographic Domain Names:

إمارة۔دبي.com Emirate of Dubai

According to the census conducted by the Statistics Center of Dubai, the population of the emirate was 1,422,000 as of 2006. Dubai has the largest population and is the second largest emirate by area.

مدينةالكويت.net Kuwait City

Kuwait City is the capital city of Kuwait. It has an estimated population of 32,500 (2005 estimate) within city limits and 2.38 million in the metropolitan area.

مومباى.com Mumbai

Formerly known as Bombay, is the capital of the Indian state of Maharashtra. With an estimated population of about 13 million, it is the largest metropolis in India and one of the most populous cities in the world. With the population of 19 million, Mumbai Metropolitan Area is also the world's 5th most populated metropolitan area.

Mumbai is one of the world's top 10 centers of commerce in terms of global financial flow. Mumbai is also the commercial and entertainment capital of India, and houses important financial institutions, such as the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), the National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) and the corporate headquarters of many Indian companies and numerous multinational corporations. The city is home to Bollywood, the largest film industry in the world. Mumbai attracts migrants from all over India because of the immense employment opportunities and the relatively high standard of living

دلهي.com Dehli

Dehli is the second-largest metropolis in India after Mumbai with a population of 13 million, and with an extended metropolitan population of almost 22 million. New Dehli is the capital city of the Republic of India and is situated within the metropolis of Delhi.

بنغالور.com Bangalore

Bangalore has an estimated metropolitan population of (6.5 million), making it India's third-most populous city and fifth-largest metropolitan area.

Bangalore today is commonly referred to as the Silicon valley of India due to its pre-eminent position as India's technology capital. Home to prestigious colleges and research institutions, the city has the second-highest literacy rate among the metropolitan cities in the nation.

اثينا.com Athens

Athens, the capital and largest city in Greece, dominates the Attica periphery: as one of the world's oldest cities, its recorded history spans at least 3,000 years. Today the Greek capital, Europe's 8th largest conurbation, is rapidly becoming a leading business centre in the European Union. A bustling and cosmopolitan metropolis with an urban population of 3.3 million and total population of about 3.8 million, Athens is central to economic, financial, industrial, political and cultural life in Greece.

امستردام.com Amsterdam

Amsterdam is the capital of the Netherlands. The city has grown to become the largest city in the Netherlands with a population of 743,027 inhabitants, which includes 177 different nationalities, making Amsterdam the most multicultural city in the world. The metropolitan region has a population of 1,021,870 inhabitants and is part of the conglomerate metropolitan area Randstad, with a population of 6,659,300 inhabitants.

كييف.com Kiev

Kiev is the capital and the largest city of Ukraine, located in the north central part of the country on the Dnieper river. As of April, 2007 Kiev had about 2.7 million inhabitants by official estimates while some much higher unofficial estimates are often published. Kiev is an important industrial, scientific, educational and cultural center of Eastern Europe. It is home to many high-tech industries, higher education institutions and world-famous historical landmarks.

الماتي.com Almaty

Almaty is the largest city in Kazakhstan, with a population of 1,226,000 (as of 1 August 2005), which represents 8% of the population of the country (unofficial sources claim 2,500,900 and 13% correspondingly). It was the capital of Kazakhstan (and its predecessor, the Kazakh SSR) from 1929 to 1998. Despite losing its status as the capital, Almaty remains the major commercial center of Kazakhstan.

ورونتو.com Toronto

Toronto is the largest city in Canada, and is the provincial capital of Ontario, making it the seat of the provincial Crown. It is located on the northwestern shore of Lake Ontario. With over 2.5 million residents, it is the fifth-most populous municipality in North America, and the 46th most populous in the world. Toronto is at the heart of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), and is part of a densely-populated region in south-central Ontario known as the Golden Horseshoe which is home to over eight million residents. The census metropolitan area (CMA) had a population of 5,113,149, and the Greater Toronto Area had a population of 5,555,912 at the 2006 Census.

سيدني.com Sydney

Sydney is the most populous city in Australia, with a metropolitan area population of approximately 4.12 million.

It is Australia's largest financial centre and is home to the Australian Securities Exchange. Sydney's leading economic sectors include property and business services, manufacturing, tourism, media, health and community services.

Sydney is a major international tourist destination notable for its beaches and twin landmarks: the Sydney Opera House and the Harbour Bridge. The metropolitan area is surrounded by national parks, and contains many bays, rivers and inlets. The city has played host to numerous international sporting, political and cultural events, including the 1938 British Empire Games, 2000 Summer Olympics and the 2003 Rugby World Cup. In September 2007, the city hosted the leaders of the 21 APEC economies for APEC Australia 2007, and in July 2008 will host World Youth Day 2008.

ملبورن.com Melbourne

Melbourne is the second most populous city in Australia, with a metropolitan area population of approximately 3.74 million (2006 estimate).

اوكلاند.com Auckland

The Auckland metropolitan area or Greater Auckland, in the North Island of New Zealand, is the largest urban area of the country. It is also New Zealand's most populous region with over 1.3 million people, it has over a quarter of the country's population (32.4% of NZ's total population), and demographic trends indicate that it will continue growing faster than the rest of the country

مكسيكوسيتي.com Mexico City

The capital city of Mexico. It is the most important economic, industrial and cultural center in the country, and the most populous city with 8,720,916 inhabitants in 2005. In 2005 Greater Mexico City had a population of 19.2 million, making it the largest metropolitan area in the western hemisphere and the second largest in the world.

In 2005, it ranked as the eighth richest urban agglomeration GDP in the world.

ساوباولو.com São Paulo

São Paulo is the capital of the state of São Paulo, Brazil. The city has an area of 1,523.0 square kilometres (588 sq mi) and a population of 11,016,703 (2006 IBGE estimate), which makes it the most populous in Brazil, South America, and the southern hemisphere (metro area: about 19 million).

سانتياغو.com Santiago

Santiago is the capital of Chile. According to the 2002 census, it contains a population of about 5.47 million, equivalent to nearly 37% of the total population of the country and 43% of the total urban population, making it one of the largest cities in Latin America. Santiago's Metropolitan Area, according to an official estimate from 2006, has a population of 6.293 million people.

بوغوتا.com Bogotá

Bogotá is the capital city of Colombia, as well as the largest and most populous city in the country, with 7,033,914 inhabitants (2007). Bogotá and its metropolitan area, which includes municipalities such as Chía, Cota, Soacha, Cajicá and La Calera, had an estimated population of 8,244,980[1] as of 2007.

مونتيفيديو.com Montevideo

Montevideo is the largest city, capital and chief port of Uruguay. Montevideo is the primate city in Uruguay, the only city in the country with a population over 1,000,000. Montevideo has a privileged harbour, one of the most important in the Americas. The current population estimates for Montevideo are 1,349,000 habitants in the city proper and 1,814,400 habitants in the greater metropolitan region

كراكاس.com Caracas

Caracas is the capital and largest city of Venezuela. The city of Caracas had an estimated population of 3,140,076 as of 2005. The population of Greater Caracas' urban agglomeration (including neighboring cities out of the Capital District) is approximately 4.7 million people.

ليما.com Lima

Lima, is the capital and largest city of Peru. Lima ranks as the nineteenth most populous city in the world with an estimated population of 7.6 million for the urban area, 7.8 million for the entire province, and 9.2 million for the metropolitan area as of 2005.

تايبيه.com Taipei

Taipei is the capital of Taiwan. The major industries in the city include electrical and electronic manufacturing, textiles, metals, shipbuilding, and motorcycle manufacturing.

Population (January 2007)

- City 2,630,872

- Urban 6,752,826

- Metro 10,072,918

Plus other geographic types:

فنادق۔دبي.com --> Dubai Hotels
عقارات۔دبي.com --> Dubai Real Estate
الإمارات۔العربية۔المتحدة.com --> United Arab Emirates
رأس۔الخيمة.com --> Ras al-Khaimah
أبو۔ظبي.net --> أبو ظبي --> Abu Dabai
المملكة۔العربية۔السعودية.com --> The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
سلطنة۔عمان.com --> The Sultanate of Oman

I have plenty of US cities & states in Arabic, too, and other ones. I think these are my best because they are very, very populous regions or Arab regions or both.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,

Personally I think certains names like:

may have potential, that is if the translations are correct and if IDNs take off.
IMHO city names Amsterdam, Athens, Lima etc do not make sense in Arabic.

•••
Did somebody mention that .net is used more than .com in the Arabian peninsula? If that is the case "Kuwait City" (hoping it is correct) may be your best in the list.

•••
BurnsInternet said:
Arabic Geographic Domain Names:

مدينةالكويت.net Kuwait City

فنادق۔دبي.com --> Dubai Hotels

عقارات۔دبي.com --> Dubai Real Estate

الإمارات۔العربية۔المتحدة.com --> United Arab Emirates

أبو۔ظبي.net --> أبو ظبي --> Abu Dabai

I don't know anything about Arabic domains and how popular they are but if the translations are correct I like the ones above :)

Just so happens I have EmirateofDubai.com for sale, not much traffic but great development potential IMO.

Good luck with them :)

jido said:
Did somebody mention that .net is used more than .com in the Arabian peninsula? If that is the case "Kuwait City" (hoping it is correct) may be your best in the list.

Is that True ? I have a couple nice dubai related .nets like DubaiRealEstate but there does'nt seem alot of interest so far :|

I thought .com & .ae were prefered over there ? Do they ever use hyphens in their domains ?

Last edited:
•••
Consider that the Arabic language is spoken/written in the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Western Sahara, and Yemen. Estimates of native speakers between 186 and 422 million.

Most of the good Arabic geo domains were gone when I went after Arabic IDN. I believe that populous & wealthy cities in any language are always a good bet. However, no one knows for sure. Domaining always involves risk. I have hundreds of geo domains in many languages - continents, countries, cities, regions.... Time will tell and I am willing to wait for more Arabic traffic.

Extensions for Arabic (com, net, ae, etc.) are probably a similar situation. Dot com will always be DOT COM. I would never be able to register ccTLDs for most Arab countries. Using a gTLD such as dot com or dot net (or both) makes sense. Domaining always involves risk.

Arabic keyboards do include hyphens, but the hyphenated version of a domain generally makes sense for SEO purposes & visual effect. For example, unlike English, some Arabic word combinations look terrible without a dash. For example, Los Angeles is لوس أنجلوس and Las Vegas is لاس فيغاس but they 'squish together' when the space is deleted. لوس أنجلوس becomes لوسأنجلوس and لاس فيغاس becomes لاسفيغاس when the space is deleted. So, I personally decided to register the Arabic full stop and hyphenated versions of Los Angeles (لوس-أنجلوس.com and لوس۔أنجلوس.com) and Las Vegas (لاس-فيغاس.com and لاس۔فيغاس.com). This is a personal choice. That said, two of my highest traffic & highest revenue Arabic domains have the full stop. Those domains do better than my single keywords like زيت.com (oil), مصفاة.com (refinery), and علاقات.com (relationships).

•••
زيت.com/net.... SOLD!

Burns, you're a pro at so many languages ;). Who needs RosettaStone?

•••
Hey, those are two of my favorite! I couldn't believe I struck oil on the 'net! You are one of the reasons I have been lucky with Arabic in 2007. Thanks for all your help, Sammy!

•••
you will have to wait long long time to sell those domains
arabic idn is dead right now
we had alot of discussions on the arabic forums and ppl not so execiting

because it not the real name
its just a converter xn--3e1231 to arabic letter

•••
It shows up in my browser as Arabic. Maybe your PC & OS are set to only English-language?

I get type-in traffic from the Middle East. Some popular names, and they make adsense revenue.

Arabic IDNs sell on other forums and I surely wouldn't sell any of these right now. They make money.

Maybe a year or two ago, what you say was true. Things have changed. Either way, I appreciate your feedback.

Last edited:
•••
Zupa said:

Send me a link, I'd be interested to see what's going on at the Arabic forums. The Arabs in the Middle East late to the game again :). They seem pretty interested e-mailing me for my names. And uhhh... I've got some big ones.

And about it not being the real name, please read up on IDNs, and the definition of the word "aliasing."

Sending you a PM for the link.

•••
Zupa said:

Good point. Yes, please PM a link to the Arabic forums. I would like to read the discussions. I have seen some issues with ccTLD Arabic IDNs. I see a lot of Arabic interest in gTLD IDNs (com, net).

•••
BurnsInternet said:
Good point. Yes, please PM a link to the Arabic forums. I would like to read the discussions. I have seen some issues with ccTLD Arabic IDNs. I see a lot of Arabic interest in gTLD IDNs (com, net).

The ccTLDs are a joke. Outrageous prices + chance at getting it taken away. You can't get better than com/net in Arabic. Although I'm biased towards .net in Arabic, my best names are coms. I probably couldn't afford to buy the .nets anyways. So I have to be happy with what I got :).

K. Thread is turning into a discussion. For the hell of it, I'd value these @: ERROR. Don't purchase silly xn-- domains. There are still many that must be purchased by my Master Card.

•••
These were shiney new fresh regs and are now starting to get type-in traffic. Yeehaw!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back