NameSilo

A boring patient approach pays off on Olema.com

Labeled as domains in Domain Industry News, started by equity78, Jul 7, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. equity78

equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Many times someone will ask how long do you hold on to a domain name? When do you just look to move it wholesale by auctioning it at NameJet or GoDaddy? Perhaps move it along to a new wholesome platform like DNWE.com. Sometimes just sitting there and leaving it alone pays off. Olema.com was picked […]

Continue Reading

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. NickB

NickB Wales.org VIP

Nice sale...

I do like these pronouncable 5 letter VCVCV (and VCVCV) .coms

3. pb

pb Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

That one time, I received a price request for a brandable LLLL .pl domain, but I was on holidays with family and not so great wifi, so I ignored the mail, planning to reply after we're back home. But before long, I received another mail (from the same company) offering 2500 EUR for the domain, which I promptly accepted, as it was quite a bit more than I would have quoted myself. So sometimes it pays off to wait a bit before replying. But of course it's not a golden rule and another time I lost a sale by replying a few weeks after the inquiry and quoting 12k PLN for a domain, to which I got a reply that they were looking for a name for a new business and it was an acceptable price but they've already purchased another domain for a similar price so that's it.

[edit] sorry, I realized my post is somewhat off-topic, as the OP is about holding a domain for a few years and not "patience" (or procrastination) in replying to inquiries. :xf.rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  4. Mytz.com

Mytz.com Top 4L Seller IEIE.com CUTU.com KKIK.com HRAD.com VIP Gold Account

There's a bit of luck in this,
    I can't tell you,
    Sometimes not selling this time is for a higher price next time,
    Sometimes I don't get a higher offer than I did this time

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice