IT.COM

9/11 - Where were you 20 Years ago when it happened?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I was at home in So Calf and I had woken up at 6am pst. I turned on my computer and logged into my AOL and I saw a picture on the home page of the the Twin Towers on fire.

I then turned on my TV and wasn't really sure what I was watching at first.

I just kept flipping channels to see if anyone really knew what was going on.
When they started saying it was 2 planes that hit the towers and then they showed the seconded plane hitting the south tower I immediately started calling my family and my girlfriend (now my wife) and said the same thing to all of them,

"We are under attack"

Never Forget

d5b129a312d43cd7e8f4cf2d4600a73c.jpg

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I woke up late (was up usually by 6:30 PST to trade stocks) and turned on the tv to see the WTC1 damage and heavy smoke, CNBC was speculating abut a small plane hitting it by accident when suddenly a second plane hit WTC2 live on air. Half awake, I struggled to believe what I was seeing. The mkts suddenly shut down so I watched the news all day. I have studied 9/11 over the years and I have learned a great deal, the vast majority of which you will not hear from the MSM. I encourage everyone to do the same. Always willing to share what I have leaned but low info non critically thinking walking zombies need not apply :)

•••
I was a child watching cartoons on the other side of the ocean and suddently all channels started transmitting breaking news about the event.
It was shocking.

•••
I was in one of my offices on the East coast of NC (ran marketing campaigns for local businesses) and had the office TV/monitor on national news waiting on staff to arrive at 9:30.

At first it seemed accurate when the story broke, although unlikely it was unintentional, that a small plane hit the building. After a couple of minutes my cell rang and it was an old security associate of mine telling me the info he/they were getting is that it was a passenger jet.

I can still recall vividly how my stomach turned when I saw the second plane coming in. Many of those that were behind the scenes in support roles (financial, logistic) have not been brought to their knees...yet. We will never forget.

•••
I was working as a farm hand with my father and would have just turned 18.

I remember going back to the canteen at the end of the day to wait for him to come back from the fields before going home. I turned the old CRT TV on and saw the coverage of what was happening and then the second plane. Being still relatively young I don't think I could fully comprehend what was happening but when my father finally came in and saw what was happening I knew it was serious from his reaction. I think there was a lot of disbelief more than anything.

The events of that day impacted all manner of people from all walks of life across the globe and whatever you believe to be the cause, the outcome is the same. Thousands of innocent lives taken, thousands of families broken and millions of lives changed forever.

Make sure the people you love know you love them every day because one day you might not get another chance to tell them.

Last edited:
•••
3rd grade; young, yet young enough to recall.

Each and every one of my pupils were picked up by their parents, no reason given, all 1-by-1 until they were all picked up (including me)

My mother tells me, teachers at the time, worried knew kids’ mom and dad worked there.

i attended grade school in Brooklyn, NY, and my uncle worked in Manhattan (still does)
Thankfully, everyone in my family was OK. — My favorite 9/11 speech was one by Mr. Clark made on the 10th anniversary (10 years ago)
Showed both my parents, and watched entire, was very riveting; He’s one of only two people to survive above the plane-hit WTC collision.

Others in other tower, werent so lucky, as all stairwells above the collision, went. Mr. Clark really put me in his shoes, his story is so vivid;

Last edited:
•••
I was up late in Australia, and saw some weird chatter come up on a forum I was on, so went downstairs and turned on the television set...

I was working from home at the time, and basically camped in front of the television set for the next month.

Last edited:
•••
It was midnight in South Asia & My aunt called from Canada that in U Terrorists attacked a building by airplane.
Yet I was not sure how big it could be.
The next day whole school( I was 8 years back then) was talking about it.
While returning home, I expressed sadness about the incident & the victims, one of my friends ( we are Muslim) taunted me with anger that I am supposed to be happy because America is bad & criminal to Muslim. And I am bad because I watch Hollywood movies & support America instead of the terrorists.

Interestingly, the same friend left for the USA last month for a better future & career. No Muslim Arab country could not be his choice for that.!!! lol

•••
I remember seeing a replay of first plane and then other footage and started thinking about icq friend in tower named Steve and just hoped made it out . He sent me a CD of his 3d photography prior. Red blue images which i still have it of NY. I didn't hear again from Steve.
(I went to look for it and was on first page of first book of my collection.)
Uploading contents to 3dsimulate.com/cd need the old red blue glasses to see 3d viewfinder style.

Last edited:
•••
I was 19 and at work.

What we heard was palestinians have bombed the world trade centre, then we heard a missle hit the pentagon, this was before smartphones and social media, it was only when we started phoning home we found out what was really going off.

I'm 39 now and was watching the womens US open tennis final on Saturday, crazy to think those 2 girls wasn't even born when this happened, even though not half way through my life yet (if i live a full life), it does make me feel old.

Last edited:
•••
Hi

i was in the office and there was a tv down the hall in the conference room

we all went there to watch as history unfolded.

later, they shut the building down and sent everyone home.

it was eerie feeling not seeing any planes in the sky that day

imo....

•••
My upload bandwidths speed is like 50 mb so having another go at uploading as crashed before.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back