Dynadot

8Chan & Epik

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Controversial web forum 8chan has moved its domain name to a new registrar after it was linked to at least one of the two mass shootings that occurred in the US over the weekend.

According to Whois records, it’s just jumped to racist-friendly Epik, having been registered at Tucows since 2003.

The switch appears to have happened in the last few hours. At time of writing, you’re going to get different results depending which Whois server you ping.

Some servers continue to report Tucows as the registrar of record, perhaps using cached data, but Epik’s result looks like this:

http://domainincite.com/24593-after-more-racist-shootings-take-one-guess-which-registrar-8chan-just-switched-to?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@dande you are utterly misguided.

I am from Bengal, India and many people my region fought against EFFING english and died, who colonized India because of some subservient slave minded Indians.

Crazy people exists everywhere among White/Black/Yellow/Brown.
he's right and so are you.

Just different phases of history.

•••
We are free in this world today because of white people and I salute them for that.

@MapleDots is that your notion of freedom??

True freedom is not the ability to say or do anything you want. It is also an internal quality. That of feeling freedom, peace and security, peace of mind, etc. The freedom to go anywhere you want, whether across town, across country, or the world without fearing for your safety.

I think any reasonable person will agree that this type of freedom is quickly disappearing. If you live in the US, it should concern you that far more Americans died this year at the hands of homegrown "white nationalist" terrorists in the US than at the hands of foreign terrorists in Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, and Yemen, (and any other war zone US has troops in) combined.

If you think that unbridled freedom of speech is your definition of freedom then how would you like to live in a world where the limit of that freedom is to be locked voluntarily in your home and spew whatever you want online without censorship. Order same day deliveries from Amazon and GrabHub. Because walking outside puts your life at risk.

I don't blame Epik with trying to be neutral.

Epik is far from being neutral. Rob Monster has made is his position very clear here: https://www.namepros.com/threads/whats-going-on-with-epik-and-rob-monster.1128748/

Last edited:
•••
so if 8chan publish any controverisal content,
you will judge and sentence anybody that sold them a pizza,
rent them a car, rent them a bicycle and even the taxi who drove them to their office
the guy who rent them an office, rent them anything.....
anybody that have come to do any kind of business with 8chan is guilty and waiting for your sentence

@MapleDots is that your notion of freedom??

I guess you know you are exaggerating
and tweaking @MapleDots words
in order to discredit him?

•••
Noone here has mentioned the roll of firearms in these tragedies.

How many people have to be killed before we realize that these weapons must be carefully permitted to only qualified individuals. The penalties for misuse must be severe.

As to the racism issue, it just plain stupid. Anyone that thinks through the shallow arguments in support of superior or inferior races as a whole will find that all human beings are one species, are born the same, bleed the same, procreate the same, and die the same. Each unique, yet connected.

I really don't subscribe to the negative impact of television and internet media, although I do believe that some desensitization occurs.

There are some mentally ill people out there. Always has been and always will be.

I hope something can be done to prevent these kinds of killing sprees.

I don't blame Epik with trying to be neutral. Let web hosts be web hosts, law enforcement be law enforcement.

I guess it would be wise for Epik as a company
to not accept further right-wing individuals to use
Epik as a "swiss bank"

not to help "free speach" this time
but to help Epik to survive

by the way
a "swiss bank" has helped the nazis in 194x to steal Jewish treasuries
and has enabled the original "nazis" to finance their continued participation in the world war II .

the universe has kind of humour...

Last edited:
•••
Controversial web forum 8chan has moved its domain name to a new registrar after it was linked to at least one of the two mass shootings that occurred in the US over the weekend.

According to Whois records, it’s just jumped to racist-friendly Epik, having been registered at Tucows since 2003.

The switch appears to have happened in the last few hours. At time of writing, you’re going to get different results depending which Whois server you ping.

Some servers continue to report Tucows as the registrar of record, perhaps using cached data, but Epik’s result looks like this:

http://domainincite.com/24593-after-more-racist-shootings-take-one-guess-which-registrar-8chan-just-switched-to?

meanwhile, Epik acquired the hosting company
that hosts gab///com

•••
It's hard to say what epik knows and didn't know about 8chan. It's pointless to care about robs view IMO:: It's not like these guys at epik / domain companies JOB is to the microscope on all their customers, then vetted as 'good guys' or 'bad guys' to censor them accordingly. He is in business to host domains etc, not care about what content is out there.

Anyone doing illegal stuff is basically vandalizing the (TOS) anyways, so yea, he could do whatever...ban these ppl. but, again, did he know they were even 'moving in'? How much time does a guy get to research who or what every domain that comes in is associated with? No matter what he did, to some it will always be 'biased and fake'.

Just seems the whole post is pointing the finger wrongly here.

Last edited:
•••
•••
by the way
and has enabled the original "nazis" to finance their continued participation in the world war II .

@frank-germany you might find this interesting 👇

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/britain-stole-45-trillion-india-181206124830851.html

And also this 👇 happened in 1971 when so called self righteous modern civilization were silent unlike Srebrenica massacre.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1971_Bangladesh_genocide

surely it does!

•••
It's hard to say what epik knows and didn't know about 8chan. It's pointless to care about robs view IMO:: It's not like these guys at epik / domain companies JOB is to the microscope on all their customers, then vetted as 'good guys' or 'bad guys' to censor them accordingly. He is in business to host domains etc, not care about what content is out there.

I would agree with you if this was some little known obscure site. But when it comes to sites like 8chan and gab, average citizens know about these sites even if they have never visited them. So to believe that Epik didn't know what these sites are about and what goes on there is like closing your eyes, and putting your hands over your ears. Even the founder of 8chan says it should be shut down.

•••
I guess it would be wise for Epik as a company
to not accept further right-wing individuals to use
Epik as a "swiss bank"

not to help "free speach" this time
but to help Epik to survive

by the way

It's a very tough subject. Speaking from a religious perspective, every person can ask for forgiveness and be forgiven.

•••
It's a very tough subject. Speaking from a religious perspective, every person can ask for forgiveness and be forgiven.

.. if they discontinue ...

•••

Anyone doing illegal stuff is basically vandalizing the (TOS) anyways, so yea, he could do whatever...ban these ppl. but why should he be the one to make that determination? No matter what he did, to some it will always be 'biased and fake'.

Just seems the whole post is pointing the finger wrongly here.
Everyone is going to have an opinion on this and they will have strong views one way or the other.

It is not about asking for his opinion, as already posted by @TCK I think he has made that quite clear in previous threads.

When you talk about someone, their business or question their viewpoint you need to give them the opportunity to engage in the debate.

Personally I think all types of sites that allow extremist speech should be closed down and I feel that registrars can play their part in this, that is my opinion and it differs from Rob's and many others.

From what I understand (I could be wrong) these types of sites already violate a lot of the TOS so it is contradictory to say they have no jurisdiction when they are writing the rules that are being broken imo.....

•••
Every race is guilty of racism. To the best of my understanding, white people are the least racist people on earth, yet they get most of the blames. That's not fair.

We have "Black Caucus" in the USA Congress, to what end? That is pure racism in plain sight that shouldn't be condoned. The whole world would go mad if ever there's something called White Caucus in the USA Congress or anywhere. But because it's black, everyone pretends that is ok.

We always see Africans saying they are the best, you see Arabs saying they are the best, you see Asians saying they are the best. But once the White-men says they are the best, it comes racism. Why?

We are free in this world today because of white people and I salute them for that. I salute them for technological inventions of which they are responsible for the 99%. I salute them for democracy and freedom. I salute them for promoting equality among all men. They are the reason the world is free today. I salute them for the countless battles they fought to prevent Persians from conquering the world which would have plunged humanity into darkness. I salute them for education, science, and medicine. For finding cures to countless of diseases that could have wiped us all years ago.

Yes, they have their short-falls and so do every other race. The earlier we stopped criminalizing white people for their existence, the better. If other people can speak of their racial pride without fear, why should the white be afraid to do the same. or be held accountable for doing the same?

We overly blame white people for everything, and the people who promotes and sponsor these mindset are the real racist bad people who are trying to takeover this world. These people still practice barbarism till this day. Let us unite and fight them. Let us stop apportioning blames to the white man for merely existing. Let us look for the good in everyone.

Cheers!

How is it possible this piece of hate speech is allowed on this forum?

•••
speaking from a non-religious perspective, some can free themselves from mental slavery and group think

•••
How is it possible this piece of hate speech is allowed on this forum?
I'm sorry, would you mind qualifying your label -- if it's not too much trouble

•••
If you live in the US, it should concern you that far more Americans died this year at the hands of homegrown "white nationalist" terrorists in the US than at the hands of foreign terrorists in Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, and Yemen, (and any other war zone US has troops in) combined.

It's very concerning, yet your statement is very much a part of the problem, when you only point out the people massacred by "homegrown white nationalist" killers. Mass shooters in the U.S. strangely enough only have one thing in common and it is definitely not race! They are all (or mostly) MALE! That's it! Mass killers in the U.S. come from all races, ethnicities, religions or lack of religions, socio-economic backgrounds and upbringings, but almost all are males!

•••
I agree that it's great to shut down stupid sites, when bad ideas are festering. But that's for someone with more authority than epik (any such service to decide). If you were passionate and reasonable you may have them conform to your ideologically, and open their eyes to what they are hosting. You could get them to have the bad ppl leave ASAP. You don't get that done calling them racist or suggest they are judge jury and executioner, with all weight falling on these peoples shoulders. If anyone, the criminal is the OWNER of 8chan.

Last edited:
•••
I am from Bengal, India and many people my region fought against EFFING english and died, who colonized India because of some subservient slave minded Indians.
Let me get you right. Because England colonized India over a century ago, that should take away every good things they have done? Do you think if it were to be India that has the same military power the English had back then, they wouldn't have colonized everywhere and enslaved everyone, and never let go? True or false?

Last edited:
•••
Let me get you right. Because England colonized India over a century ago, that should take away every good things they have done? Do you think if it were to be India that has the same military power the English had back then, they wouldn't have colonized everywhere and enslaved everyone, and never let go? True or false?

I guess not

1) it's to hot
2) they are vegetarians
3) they are hindus

( most of them at least )

•••
True or false?
False.

India hasn't colonized neighboring countries now, has it?

Not, even other countries of Europe like Germany/France/Holland/Spain/Protugal back then LOOTED & PILFERED like english did all around the world.

•••
It's very concerning, yet your statement is very much a part of the problem, when you only point out the people massacred by "homegrown white nationalist" killers. Mass shooters in the U.S. strangely enough only have one thing in common and it is definitely not race! They are all (or mostly) MALE! That's it! Mass killers in the U.S. come from all races, ethnicities, religions or lack of religions, socio-economic backgrounds and upbringings, but almost all are males!

You're mostly right. I was talking about this year so far only. I over generalized in that comment. However, when it comes to race and ethnicity, one race is particularly dominant among the killers. And it is very difficult, even impossible, to establish motive in many of the senseless tragedies. Certainly a lot of hate, anger, and evil has to be present for a long time to reach that level of violence.

•••
India hasn't colonized neighboring countries now, has it?
Time for colonialism has past, India or anyone can't do it now. I'm talking about back then when it was in vogue

•••
Internet hate forum 8chan has gone dark after web services company Voxility banned the site — and also banned 8chan’s new host Epik, which had been leasing web space from it. Epik began working with 8chan today after web services giant Cloudflare cut off service, following the latest of at least three mass shootings linked to 8chan. But Stanford researcher Alex Stamos noted that Epik seemed to lease servers from Voxility, and when Voxility discovered the content, it cut ties with Epik almost immediately.

“As soon as we were notified of the content that Epik was hosting, we made the decision to totally ban them,” Voxility business development VP Maria Sirbu told The Verge. Sirbu said it was unlikely that Voxility would work with Epik again. “This is the second situation we’ve had with the reseller and this is not tolerable,” she said.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/5/2...fline-voxility-service-cutoff-hate-speech-ban

•••
Internet hate forum 8chan has gone dark after web services company Voxility banned the site — and also banned 8chan’s new host Epik, which had been leasing web space from it. Epik began working with 8chan today after web services giant Cloudflare cut off service, following the latest of at least three mass shootings linked to 8chan. But Stanford researcher Alex Stamos noted that Epik seemed to lease servers from Voxility, and when Voxility discovered the content, it cut ties with Epik almost immediately.

“As soon as we were notified of the content that Epik was hosting, we made the decision to totally ban them,” Voxility business development VP Maria Sirbu told The Verge. Sirbu said it was unlikely that Voxility would work with Epik again. “This is the second situation we’ve had with the reseller and this is not tolerable,” she said.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/5/2...fline-voxility-service-cutoff-hate-speech-ban

B-)

•••

Will this have any impact on the domains that I and many others have registered there?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back