Dynadot

$800k domain dropping?!

NameSilo
Watch

Maxwell

Top Member
Impact
1stbandwidth.com is dropping 12/20 (today) and according the Top Domain Sales list it sold for $800,000 in 2000.

Any thoughts on this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The sale price has never been confirmed and most likely is a fake. The previous owner had it for years and was trying to push it for any kind of money - unsuccessfully, it seems.

•••
Either it was a bogus sale back in 2000 or something else was bought with the name, there is no line of b.s. in the world that is going to get anyone to spend 800k on a name like that.

•••
They probably no longer need the domain. Not everyone knows how to sell a domain. Once they're done with it, they let it go.

•••
It is and has been on auction.
At dropcatch.com
Current bid is 59 bucks.
Only 2 bidders.
So it is NOT dropping.

•••
im suprised it got that many bidders, i wouldnt pay reg fee for the name

•••
I don't think that 800K sale was ever verified/confirmed.

•••
•••
I saw the sale on namebio.com as well

I call BS though

•••
There is a chance the sale was an outlandish fake in the hopes that future generations would see it on sale at later dates for a much smaller sum, hoping ppl would think, "Wow! It sold for so much long ago, and I can now buy it for peanuts!" If this was the case, it apparently didn't work

•••
Could it have been a sale of an entire site including existing customers, traffic, etc. ?

•••
•••
•••
800k for that is too much.

•••
Can't be true.

If this isn't true, does that mean other sales that are reported might nor be true?
Is the whole foundation of domaining built on potential lies and/or deceit?

I don't believe it.

Thank God Santa's real....

•••
I'd throw one of these puppies at it!

100_trillion_dollar_bill_1.jpg

•••
I think the sold is fake

•••
impossible, that must be onion figure..

•••
It is and has been on auction.
At dropcatch.com
Current bid is 59 bucks.
Only 2 bidders.
So it is NOT dropping.

It's already dropped and picked-up, if it's on dropcatch.com

•••
•••
beauty.cc is also a million dollar domain name. Allegedly.

•••
It looks like the new lucky owner is waisting no time in attempting to sell this gem, they listed over on elliots blog for $650,000

•••
Was gonna say if it really was worth 800k and I saw it was dropping I wouldn't be posting it on here. Would be just inviting competition from domainers that can throw cash for it.

•••
@baseballworld I posted after backordering was closed at namejet, snapnames, etc. Plus, if it is really worth $800,000 I don't think I would have a realistic shot at it anyway.

•••
I'd have to agree with some of the others here...The sale back in 2000 was most likely fake.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back