IT.COM

$8,000+ US Dollars Stolen From Domainers by ParkingPanel.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
$8,000+ US Dollars Stolen From Domainers by ParkingPanel.com

I have reviewed over a dozen complaints and decided to add up the amounts owed to Domainers by ParkingPanel.com. The amount adds up to $8000+ US from over a dozen complaints. God knows how many more people / domainers that have not come forward about their loss. The amount $8000+ US is owed to NP Members who have used ParkingPanel.com aka StormWest.com – I have done more research and found more complaints on other Domain Forums. From my research the first complaint about not being paid was filed on 04-17-2008 – since that date, I could not find any post or replies from ParkingPanel / StormWest clearing the issue.

No one answers their phone support
- No responses from their email contacts
- No longer sending payments

The last ParkingPanel.com comment was made on 09-16-2008 on dnf – Below is the comment made by ParkingPanel.com

Hey guys,

We are far from going out of business. We at ParkingPanel.com have made a lot of changes that will definitely benefit you and your domains. Some of you have received our newsletter about a new primary feed provider, templates, updates to our technology and payment system. ParkingPanel is revamped to assure you will double your revenue with our changes. So if you have any questions about ParkingPanel.com, I'm more than happy to assit you with that.

Thanks for having concern about ParkingPanel.com

ParkingPanel Team
Diana

Complaint after complaint about missing earnings and missing checks have not be resolved by ParkingPanel.com

The first complaint on NP about missing earning was filed on 08-29-2008 and not one single response from ParkingPanel.com was posted – During the next two months, DIANA From ParkingPanel Team had come online over a dozen times with her Last Activity: 10-16-2008 11:15 AM – She and ParkingPanel.com had 2 months to respond to the claims and not one single reply! Since 10-16-2008 11:15 AM – ParkingPanel.com aka StormWest.com has gone underground and missing in action.

ParkingPanel.com / StormWest.com we ask you as a community to come forward and answer to the claims against your company. Why haven’t account holders receive their checks for their earnings?

Are you a victim? Please report your missing earnings and checks. From complaints on NamePros, I have calculated $8000+ US Dollars Missing.

Complaints by NP Members: http://www.namepros.com/parking-and-traffic-monetization/508655-how-much-does-parking-panel-owe.html

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Even if one can document the aggregate amount lost being a million dollars or whatever, one would likely need to convince the FBI it's due to outright fraud as opposed to ordinary business problems, such as a lack of cashflow; can happen to even the best of businesses.

Again, in my view, each person who lost substantial money (ie. several thousand dollars or more), would do best to each file a lawsuit against the company and its corporate officers.

In the meantime, perhaps you and/or others could put pressure to get ParkingPanel shutdown - put pressure on their webhost and their parking feeds. However, doing so would likely substantially reduce the chances of those already owed money of ever collecting anything...

Though, from a community perspective, closing down ParkingPanel would likely be best, since it would allow numerous new perspective ParkingPanel clients to avoid the hassles others have already experienced.

Ron

•••
Even if one can document the aggregate amount lost being a million dollars or whatever, one would likely need to convince the FBI it's due to outright fraud as opposed to ordinary business problems, such as a lack of cashflow; can happen to even the best of businesses.

Again, in my view, each person who lost substantial money (ie. several thousand dollars or more), would do best to each file a lawsuit against the company and its corporate officers.

In the meantime, perhaps you and/or others could put pressure to get ParkingPanel shutdown - put pressure on their webhost and their parking feeds. However, doing so would likely substantially reduce the chances of those already owed money of ever collecting anything...

Though, from a community perspective, closing down ParkingPanel would likely be best, since it would allow numerous new perspective ParkingPanel clients to avoid the hassles others have already experienced.

Ron

Great advice, google so far has not responded to my request. Does anyone have their email address?

Hosting company is the next step.

•••
You are certainly on a mission :)

Channel your energies in to something more constructive and you will recoup your parkingpanel losses in no time.

I would hate to piss you off online and have you chasing me LOL :)

•••

Channel your energies in to something more constructive and you will recoup your parkingpanel losses in no time.

If we do nothing, would that not let others take advantage of our community?

•••

It is not only about the loss, it is also about being fooled, being taken for a ride by a company and they are not even held accountable for it. If they are not stopped now they may end up fooling thousands more... Thousands of domains are still parked at parkingpanel.

•••
It is not only about the loss, it is also about being fooled, being taken for a ride by a company and they are not even held accountable for it. If they are not stopped now they may end up fooling thousands more... Thousands of domains are still parked at parkingpanel.

Well said :talk:

•••
carry on the crusade.:kickass:

•••
ParkingPanel.com just posted this reply on DNF

Hello,

I'm Roy from ParkingPanel.com. I generally do not reply to messages posted on forums but this headline is very misleading. We take pride in timely payments to our customers and occasionally there are hiccups.

I've looked into your account and it looks inactive. I see some attempted payments in 2007 but there are no tax documents on file. Also, after manual review of this portfolio in 2007, there are some questions to the validity of your traffic. I see a lot of .info, .st, and hyphenated domain names that generally do not receive type-in traffic. I can look into this further but if everything is legitimate I have no problem issuing a payment to you ASAP.

As far as these other NamePros members you speak of, and the other members on this thread, many of these users have been banned for outright spam and click-fraud. Folks like this hurt our industry and put us in the dark ages when it comes to negotiating our contracts with our upstream ad providers.

We make it policy not to engage with fraudsters and scammers and for this policy we will not be answering questions on this or any other thread. If you have any questions feel free to email me at roy (at) parkingpanel.com. We also apologize for any unanswered phone calls, we have only a handful of people working in order to lower overhead and provide the highest payouts. In the case that you receive a voicemail prompt, leave a message and we will do our best to get back with you in a timely fashion. If you've left a message in the last two weeks, we have been backlogged as our team has been attending the TRAFFIC show in Amsterdam as well as having many client meetings throughout Europe so we are running very far behind. We may not have the best customer service as our team is very small, but we do pay out very well and our strengths lie in technology and monetization. If these are important to you, we are happy to serve you the best we can. We have hundreds of satisfied clients.

I will help anyone that needs help that has legitimate issues at the email address in the body of this email. I spend a lot of my time in meetings so I am not always available 24x7 by telephone, but will do the best to get to you ASAP. We've never stolen money from anyone, and this nonsense talk about calling the police is just retarded. If you have a problem, call us and we'll handle it. This will be the last communication on a public forum from me, but I will respond to anyone that has any issues privately by email.

Best Regards and Happy Monetization,

Roy Barrett
VP of Product Development
ParkingPanel.com

Why did it take you so long to come forward with this issue? So now you are calling NP Members and DNF Members Scammers and Fraudsters?

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

Roy your company had one year to reply to Domainers Complaints, instead you go into hiding until we decide to take this matter up with the Police and you come forward and point the scam at Domainers who are owed money. And your full of Bull Shit - when you state that my domain names traffic in my account are questionable.... for your information / my parkingpanel account was closed due to one reason, i informed the community how your ppc pages performed awful vs other ppc companies... and now you come here with this lame excuse that you looked into my account and you found fishy acticity.

You also state:
I see a lot of .info, .st, and hyphenated domain names that generally do not receive type-in traffic. I can look into this further but if everything is legitimate I have no problem issuing a payment to you ASAP.

I dont own .info, .st or hyphenated domain names - you just picked up a random account and bullshiting your way out of this FRAUD your company is involved in.

Your company scammed Domainers and now your pointing the fingers at Domainers. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Ok, I've said this once before. I'm not engaging. This is the first issue I've heard of and will privately deal with any issues. I got your account mixed up with the SDS account in this thread. If you have any questions I will handle these, IN THE SAME MANNER I handle all domainers complaints, PRIVATELY. Believe me, I have dozens of daily support requests and our clients are very happy. The majority of the time there is a NP/DNF posting publicly about "stealing earnings" it's generally a scammer performing click-fraud. I encourage all legitimate domain portfolio owners to help weed out the scum as it's detrimental to our industry. Quality-based pricing makes this scammy traffic hurt all revenues industry-wide. If anything, scammers like this hurt your revenue and steal from legitimate domainer's pockets!

If you're legit, contact me like every other legitimate client does and we'll work through it and get you paid any accumulated earnings. If you're a scammer just continue being a whiney ***** and hope to speak louder than me on a public forum. We would not be in business now if we were in the business of stealing from people.

By the way, I'm still waiting for the police. Let me hold my breath.

Alright people, Roy is pointing at all of you and calling you a Scammer and Fake. Its time to bring the facts forward with your claims of money owed... Ive done what i can to raise the issue and now Roy is claiming their not fraudulent!

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

I just PM'd Roy on DNF and provided him with the link to this thread and asked him to provide facts to our community and clear this matter.

Last edited:
•••
He claims all of you are involved in click fraud!

Uh, Mr. Barrett never claimed all NamePros or DNF members are involved in click fraud. What he said can rather give that impression, but he never (well outright, anyway) made that claim.

Why not take him up on his offer to handle it privately? While it's nice if people are transparent about things, you can't really force everyone to reveal private dealings in a public forum if they don't really want to.

Then if you really still think he's a thief and what-not despite exhausting everything, then you can file a police report or whatever needs to be done. You do what you want to do, and so will he.

Disputes happen daily. That's what lawyers, courts, policy and mediation panels are for.

Good luck.

•••
Uh, Mr. Barrett never claimed all NamePros or DNF members are involved in click fraud. What he said can rather give that impression, but he never (well outright, anyway) made that claim.

Why not take him up on his offer to handle it privately? While it's nice if people are transparent about things, you can't really force everyone to reveal private dealings in a public forum if they don't really want to.

Then if you really still think he's a thief and what-not despite exhausting everything, then you can file a police report or whatever needs to be done. You do what you want to do, and so will he.

Disputes happen daily. That's what lawyers, courts, policy and mediation panels are for.

Good luck.

After months of request, suddenly they have time to reply and talk to everyone in private. I recommend all to contact Roy in regards of missing payments, and update us all here with why they were not paid.

•••
PM me his name from dnf so I may contact him via PM there...I would love to get my money!

•••
PM me his name from dnf so I may contact him via PM there...I would love to get my money!

DNF Username: roybarrett
email : roy (at) parkingpanel.com

Everyone who contacts ROY , please make sure to update this thread with the results.

•••
24HourDomainer,

Thanks for all your hard work in this case. It is something that has been ongoing for a few years and you brought it to the forefront again and may be getting some results........at least we are getting a response.

Contacting their office thru my account rep, Diana, is a real joke! They probably laugh about that one.

Anyway, I just sent a private email to Roy containing all my pertinent account information and monies due. Took screenshots of everything, just in case.

I will update when I receive my monies or failure.

Paul

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

Just got paid from ParkingPanel.com for $235.54 USD!

Holy cow...within 1 hour or so.

I guess I was legally owed the money and finally received payment:)

Off topic, because I am happy: Just found an email in my spam folder for a $1000 offer for a 3 keyword .org...high daily/monthly search...all keywords....good start to my day!

Good luck to other ParkingPanel customers still owed money.

paul

•••
24HourDomainer,

Thanks for all your hard work in this case. It is something that has been ongoing for a few years and you brought it to the forefront again and may be getting some results........at least we are getting a response.

Contacting their office thru my account rep, Diana, is a real joke! They probably laugh about that one.

Anyway, I just sent a private email to Roy containing all my pertinent account information and monies due. Took screenshots of everything, just in case.

I will update when I receive my monies or failure.

Paul

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

Just got paid from ParkingPanel.com for $235.54 USD!

Holy cow...within 1 hour or so.

I guess I was legally owed the money and finally received payment:)

Off topic, because I am happy: Just found an email in my spam folder for a $1000 offer for a 3 keyword .org...high daily/monthly search...all keywords....good start to my day!

Good luck to other ParkingPanel customers still owed money.

paul

Im glad PP paid you in full. The community did not receive answers as you mentioned for a long period. We are a community of Hard Working Domainers. If we don't stick together and set the rules and laws - people and companies will take advantage of us.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Also, please request to why you never received payment? Their is a reason, and we need to get a clear answer.

•••
All I can add is its about time.A company cannot run properly on a skeleton staff,lame excuse,still it cant.I never got sucked into this but I am glad that with persistence you may well all get paid your due's.Maybe this is the start of them turning over a new leaf and becoming more profesional.Either that or they got wind of the police involvement.Whatever it was people power pulled through.

I think you all owe one domainer a very big thanx.

•••
After reading this thread I see that a number of people who have been owed money for a long time are NP's Moderators. Not that they should be regarded as Gods or anything, but they at least must have a degree of integrity and respectibility. Although he did not name names, Roy insinuated that long standing disputes involved click fraud and such, and that genuine cases were resolved quickly. All the happy members who have not had their monies withheld would naturally not have anything to complain about. Lets hope that this guy cleans up his act and pays everyone. Sticks and stones bounce off, but mud sticks for a long time.

•••
UPDATE!!!!!

GOT PAID $231!!!!!!

Emailed roy and advised of my problem...no joke in 10 min I had my money in paypal!

24hour Domainer you stirred up the pot and it worked. Since it seems now parking Panel is making good on long overdue monies I think a big THANK YOU is in order once others payments start to roll in

•••
I'm glad to hear they finally paid someone.

Just as an FYI, the domain I had pointed at parking panel was not a spammy hyphenated domain or a .info. In fact its a premium generic adult term that gets over a hundred type-ins from the united states every day. I payed $15,000 for this domain. I am insulted at even the insinuation that the reason I didn't get paid is because they think my traffic is suspect. Until now I was willing to let it go at perhaps they had a glitch or an internal theft problem and that I didn't get paid because of something beyond their control. That statement about traffic quality really changes things.

I looked up my account login information today and went to view my account deatails. As expected, they've deleted any record of my ever having earned anything from my account view. (I'm not sure why they even left the account open?) The unpaid balance information was present a few months back when dianne pm'd me and said she'd look into it. I'm positive I printed out copies of the screenshots showing the original amounts then. I guess I should figure out where I put them.

I really don't feel like I should have to send roy an email. I already tried the email chase with dianne. Its not in my best interest to waste any more time. In fact at this point assuming it was a glitch I'd rather they didn't fix it. That way I can feel justified in voicing my distaste every time someone mentions them. Its not slander if its true!

•••
I would love to be directly accused of click fraud on a public forum :) What a great opportunity to whittle away PP's revenue. :)

Roy, I've not been paid either, please send my payment too, and try to redeem some credibility that parkingpanel has left.

In fact, why not send everyone the payment they are owed, and those who do not receive their payment can safely assume they are being accused of click fraud or some other irregular activity. They can then take it up on a public forum like this, thus giving you the opportunity to explain why they are not being paid!

In my opinion, I think it is simply a case of lack of cashflow, and those who make a noise will get paid, and those who remain in the shadows will be left hanging until they request payment. Correct me if I'm wrong :)

•••
I emailed Roy on 6/12. No response or payment of the $57 owed yet.

•••
After 6 days with no response a 2nd email to Roy did the trick. The balance in my account was paid in full.

•••
I emailed Roy twice and was paid in full.

•••
like to say thanks 24 hour domainer in your dedication and help.. i was just going sit back and consider this as a wash

thanks namecharger in pm and quick reply..i had emailed roy, within minutes he had emailed me and credit will be issued tomorrow.. thrilled to see this

also he had said in email that diana is no longer with the company... that explains my numerous emails got no response back months and months i guess.. parking panel, if you read this-when a person leaves, canned, fired, whatever the reason you really should have an auto reply to so your customers know with details and who to reach going forward.

roy seems like he is top of things and fast email replies back.. i am changing a few names back to them and there a small outfit..

all thanks to 24 hour domainer and thanks..if we ever meet, will buy you a couple cocktails! lol hope payment comes tomorrow and i can buy a nice dinner out-sushi time lol

Last edited:
•••
like to say thanks 24 hour domainer in your dedication and help.. i was just going sit back and consider this as a wash

thanks namecharger in pm and quick reply..i had emailed roy, within minutes he had emailed me and credit will be issued tomorrow.. thrilled to see this

also he had said in email that diana is no longer with the company... that explains my numerous emails got no response back months and months i guess.. parking panel, if you read this-when a person leaves, canned, fired, whatever the reason you really should have an auto reply to so your customers know with details and who to reach going forward.

roy seems like he is top of things and fast email replies back.. i am changing a few names back to them and there a small outfit..

all thanks to 24 hour domainer and thanks..if we ever meet, will buy you a couple cocktails! lol hope payment comes tomorrow and i can buy a nice dinner out-sushi time lol

Anytime! Together we stand strong and united. I'm glad people are getting paid.

•••
Thank goodness I am not the only one! I had sent Diana my tax information at least three times this past year and my account says that I am still unverified. On top of that, I checked my account in early May and noticed that the $65 or so I had accumulated had been wiped to just pennies! I completely feel like I was robbed. Thanks for posting Roy's email because I am definitely going to be contacting him.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back