IT.COM

640.com on Pool - US$61,000 with 2 days to go!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

At what level will bidding for 640.com end?

• 1st (tie)

less than US$80,000

votes
    30.0%
  • 1st (tie)

less than US$90,000

votes
    30.0%
  • 2nd (tie)

less than US$70,000

votes
    20.0%
  • 2nd (tie)

US$100,000 or more

votes
    20.0%
  • 3rd

less than US$100,000

votes
    0.0%

• 10 votes
  • Ended 21 years ago
  • Final results

armstrong

Man from ManilaVIP Member
Impact
I dropped out of the bidding on this name very early, but of course it is still being tracked in my account.

But I never imagined it could reach this amount, and with 2+ days to go it could go much, much higher. Can you guess at what level this bidding will top off?

Being the optimist, I registered 640.biz as my personal consolation for losing out on this drop. Any of you high rollers bidding on the dotcom version can save money and talk to me instead. :laugh:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
i guess it will end under $80k

•••
Originally posted by Dr.Pepper
I own 640.org :D

:bingo: We could bundle our domains, and sell as a package. Anyone else with a 640.* can join in. :D

•••
Why so much for a 3 number domain?

•••
Originally posted by g0ldy
Why so much for a 3 number domain?

Probably a brand name of sorts. In my country we have a '640 Appliances' chain of stores. I imagine other businesses have similar names.

•••
Hmmm I can't say the particular number '640' comes to mind for anything... :|

I'm surprised this domain is going for soo much money.

•••
A 3 number names worth thousands? A 3 letter domain probably is.

•••
Originally posted by Jeffrey
A 3 number names worth thousands?

Off course, think of the likes of 007 (James Bond), 911 (Emergency Services) and even 747 (Boeing Aircraft). There are loads of them, they are just all taken up! ;)

•••
The number 640 means nothing to me as well, crazy bidding at Pool like always...

Mike

•••
wow - I hope they have a project in mind - cause that's alot of money for a three number dotcom

I must said again WOW

Jw

Last edited:
•••
Probably an AM radio station frequency. Southern Californian Dale Porter noted on another board that Los Angeles radio station KFI is on 640 AM. They bill themselves as America's #1 Talk Radio station. Might be worth it to someone like that to have 640.com to splash on billboards all over L.A. Of course someone else would have to be bidding to force the levels this high. Could also be phony bidding. A number of these high bid auctions at Pool have wound up not being paid for.

•••
The current highest bid reduces to $40500, very strange?

•••
okay 911, 747, 007 ... but what the heck is 640?? maybe ram? :D

•••
Originally posted by yesonline
The current highest bid reduces to $40500, very strange?

They probably discovered that one of the bidders was a phony and cancelled their account, dropping the bid back to whoever was #2.

•••
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=640

5,300,000 google results, then again, alot of that would be crap.

That Radio Station KFI 640 AM is top of the pick. The only other somewhat interesting thing I saw over the next few pages is the Nokia 640 phone.

Anyway, I think this domain will go for just under $70,000 (Going by the poll above). I'd like to know what the dealio is with this name!

•••
...sooo, the reason for the bidding frenzy is linkpop after all.

•••
You may have to start a new poll with a negative amount option. The bids are being erased! It has fallen back to $3,600 now! Looks like some phony bidders may have been caught and banished in mid auction.

•••
Wow! That is crazy! If the domain is posted here for apprasial, I would probably give it a $20 undeveloped value!!

•••
•••
B-) This is indeed an eye-opener! :hehe:

•••
The only 640 left is 640.bz, haha! Doubt it is worth too much if added to your 640 package deal!

•••
This just goes to show all the crack smoking/shill bidding that goes on over at pool.com. I've witnessed quite alot myself.

•••
lol whats the final bid?

•••
Originally posted by g0ldy
lol whats the final bid?

Its back at $4,100 with over one day to go.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back