Domain Empire

5947.net

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jamminsport16

VISIT FREEZINDA.COMVIP Member
Impact
w00t i just reg'd it off godaddy =]

lol and i did a whois search. it shows my name but still says 'pending delete' lol! 3:00 pm i reg'd it =] all the other .net expiring today are still pending delete, im a lucky man =]

the other .net that are expiring 4 number are:

0079.net
6825.net
7107.net
8386.net

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
thanks

nice list, will send np if regged

•••
I don't really see the value in number domains unless they are a pattern.

•••
me either, unless its something like 360, 540, 900, 1080, etc

•••
like someone said. its limited edition to 9999
=] lol

•••
GJ Online said:
I don't really see the value in number domains unless they are a pattern.

Jeanco said:
me either, unless its something like 360, 540, 900, 1080, etc

And thankfully for domainers, not all of us have the same opinion. Back when I started picking up 4 digit dot coms last year, most people agreed that only 3 digit dot coms had value. Because of this I was able to get a lot of the 4 digit variety at reg fee prices. Now the ####.com domains trade anywhere from $60 - $300 at dropcatchers. Those with meaning or special patterns go for even higher.

Now the marketplace recognizes the 4 digit dot coms have value. Many enterprising domainers are starting to think ahead. They are registering the 4 digit dot NETs, which I think is a investment with very limited downside. By acting early, they can get these at reg fee prices. If they wait 1 or 2 (or more years) they would have missed the boat should these increase in value and demand. Nothing is guaranteed, but these look like they are a pretty safe play for those who are patient.

Like any investment, people wish to buy now for a small cost and sell immediately for a substantial gain. The domain business is no different. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. If you want to get in low and make big prices, you have to be patient. You have to be ahead of the curve and see a potential for appreciation BEFORE the majority. Think back a few years ago to 3 letter dot NETs and the prices they went for... or even the 3 letter dot COMs. I like reading old sales threads for 3 number and 3 letter domains. It's amazing how much they have gone up in value in just a short time period.

Back to 4 digit dot nets. Do they have value now? Not much. But that's a good thing for domainers who want to aquire them. You can't get something for cheap (reg fee prices) if demand is very high.

But just for the record, I'm noticing 4 digit dot NET sales are starting to make some ripples. At Club Drop, many of the expiring dot nets are being pre-bid to $30, and some are closing for higher amounts in private auctions. Last month I saw 7717.NET go for $60 and just this week 9933.NET closed at $140. Not too shabby.

Remember, we are talking dot nets, and four digits. Some believe this is the category that will be the next hot number domains. Others are betting that it will be 5 digit dot COMs. Of course others think all number domains are meaningless and hold little value. But the market disagrees.

Three number dot coms (###.com) go for thousands of dollars each. I would venture to guess a good median price for these that are not special numbers would be around $4,000-$5,000. Possibly higher. I have not seen many of these trade recently so it is hard to get a handle on them. Four number dot coms (####.com) we already mentioned are trading from $60-$300 in the domain aftermarket. I recently sold a couple for $150 each and have seen plenty of these go for more in the last month. They are very hot right now. Three number dot nets (###.net) are still valuable. 776.net just sold for $420 at Enom, which is a very healthy price. These were going for $100 - $200 last year. Three number dot orgs (###.org) are also doing well in sales, trading for a minimum of $XXX.

To summarize, number domains have historically done well as investments. Whether they have been 3 digit dot nets, or 4 number dot coms, they all seem to have appreciated in value.

So why would anyone think taking a chance on 4 digit dot nets is not a smart, calculated investment with a nice potential return - and limited downside?

My 2 cents.

•••
Excellent post Paxton ! :tu:

•••
Looks like they are all taken:(

•••
Paxton i really appreciate your post. Thanks a lot =]

•••
My 4 number .com & .net are having quite some traffic lately. They're definitely worth the reg fee! :)

•••
MissFlora said:
My 4 number .com & .net are having quite some traffic lately. They're definitely worth the reg fee! :)
Flora, I know you have some good number domains. :hehe:

Glad to hear your traffic is increasing. :$:

•••
paxton said:
And thankfully for domainers, not all of us have the same opinion. Back when I started picking up 4 digit dot coms last year, most people agreed that only 3 digit dot coms had value. Because of this I was able to get a lot of the 4 digit variety at reg fee prices. Now the ####.com domains trade anywhere from $60 - $300 at dropcatchers. Those with meaning or special patterns go for even higher.

Now the marketplace recognizes the 4 digit dot coms have value. Many enterprising domainers are starting to think ahead. They are registering the 4 digit dot NETs, which I think is a investment with very limited downside. By acting early, they can get these at reg fee prices. If they wait 1 or 2 (or more years) they would have missed the boat should these increase in value and demand. Nothing is guaranteed, but these look like they are a pretty safe play for those who are patient.

Like any investment, people wish to buy now for a small cost and sell immediately for a substantial gain. The domain business is no different. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. If you want to get in low and make big prices, you have to be patient. You have to be ahead of the curve and see a potential for appreciation BEFORE the majority. Think back a few years ago to 3 letter dot NETs and the prices they went for... or even the 3 letter dot COMs. I like reading old sales threads for 3 number and 3 letter domains. It's amazing how much they have gone up in value in just a short time period.

Back to 4 digit dot nets. Do they have value now? Not much. But that's a good thing for domainers who want to aquire them. You can't get something for cheap (reg fee prices) if demand is very high.

But just for the record, I'm noticing 4 digit dot NET sales are starting to make some ripples. At Club Drop, many of the expiring dot nets are being pre-bid to $30, and some are closing for higher amounts in private auctions. Last month I saw 7717.NET go for $60 and just this week 9933.NET closed at $140. Not too shabby.

Remember, we are talking dot nets, and four digits. Some believe this is the category that will be the next hot number domains. Others are betting that it will be 5 digit dot COMs. Of course others think all number domains are meaningless and hold little value. But the market disagrees.

Three number dot coms (###.com) go for thousands of dollars each. I would venture to guess a good median price for these that are not special numbers would be around $4,000-$5,000. Possibly higher. I have not seen many of these trade recently so it is hard to get a handle on them. Four number dot coms (####.com) we already mentioned are trading from $60-$300 in the domain aftermarket. I recently sold a couple for $150 each and have seen plenty of these go for more in the last month. They are very hot right now. Three number dot nets (###.net) are still valuable. 776.net just sold for $420 at Enom, which is a very healthy price. These were going for $100 - $200 last year. Three number dot orgs (###.org) are also doing well in sales, trading for a minimum of $XXX.

To summarize, number domains have historically done well as investments. Whether they have been 3 digit dot nets, or 4 number dot coms, they all seem to have appreciated in value.

So why would anyone think taking a chance on 4 digit dot nets is not a smart, calculated investment with a nice potential return - and limited downside?

My 2 cents.
very strong 2 cents paxton :D

--Steve

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back