Dynadot

WTF GoDaddy

NameSilo
Watch

doofer

Top Member
Impact
Searching names on Godaddy earlier, came across a 1 word .co.uk that was available & was only 84p !? Can't be right I thought but added to basket expecting to say already reg'd, in typical Godaddy style. But no, added to basket (available right).

Then went back to search only for it to say already reg'd, huh ? Returned to basket & there it is available to buy but now not 84p but £6.99 ! Ok, still a good price so proceed to checkout, now it's £8.50 (10X the original price) ! Ok, still worth it so proceed to payment, payment process seemingly completes.

Check account, no domain, maybe it'll take a while to show up. Check again 15 mins later, no sign. Manage to get live chat working & eventually told because it's a .uk (it's not it's .co.uk) that I need to wait 24 hrs for it to update !? Not had that before but ok, i'll wait.

Just checked again after a few hours, no domain. Now i'm suspicious & do what I should have done from the the off & check whois instead of trusting Godaddy ! Whatdya know it's already reg'd !

Now I remember why I stopped using Godaddy in the first place. I was only using their search to check some domains when i came across this one. Now I remember their search often says domains are available when they're not but never had one actually go to check out & accept payment ! Lesson learned, avoid Godaddy in future.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back